How to get jobs in hong kong from oversea?

I wish to get a job in hong kong.
I am still employed in my home country, without hongkong working visa. I wish to get a job before moving to hongkong due the living expenses is high.

What is the best place/source I can search for employment for foreigner like me?
or is it easier to get a job if i am in HongKong?

Hi Waikong,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com!

Try to view articles in this guide:

Work in Hong Kong.

Good luck,
Christine

Hi ScarletGratton,
I am looking for IT software programmer related job.  seem like person from SEA not easy to this category job.

Hi Waikong,

If you wish to get an IT-related job in Hong Kong, a bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information System/Information Technologies or other related fields is required. Having related work experience in your country, it will highly be appreciated. You must present these original certificates to the companies' HR department prior to your interview. In Hong Kong, no matter where you're from, the chance will still turn out to be the same.

Hope it helps,
Sam.

Thanks Sam for your advise.

ScarletGratton wrote:

Hi Waikong,

I believe that depends on what kind of job you're looking for.

My friend moved to Hong Kong a couple of years ago, and I know she'd found a job before her arrival. She started working as an English teacher at a learning center called Monkey Tree in Hong Kong, and had arranged an interview and everything before actually going there.

Do you have a particular job in mind or...? :)

Hi Scarlet!
Did your friend obtain a TEFL certification to become an english teacher??