Can anyone recommend a good gym in Budapest

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good gym in Budapest, costing around 7,000 HUF (give or take 1,000) per month that has weight-lifting equipment (i.e. pulley system) as well as manual weights (i.e. dumbells) as well as running machines, stair master, rowing machine, etc. Does not have to be dead central, even districts 13, 10 and 19 will do (i.e. I do not mind travelling/cycling to a good gym).

Thanks in advance.

Super Gym located on Rackozi in the 8th district is less then 9,000 F per month.
It's a huge place with a very open feel inside.
I checked it out but was not able to get the "grand tour" because the girl at the desk was alone and couldn't get away to show me around.
Might be worth you time to check out, just do not go mid day as there seems to be no classes and not many people at that time, comes alive in the evening after work time.
Didn't get the tour but judging by how large the place is, they must have everything your looking for.

Thanks Marilyn,

I prefer it when it is less busy as I get to use more machines! and can focus better with not too many people in the place. I try to avoid peak times and over-crowded gyms in general.

Thanks for checking the place, I will check it myself of course. I usually buy a couple of hours or a day ticket when visiting a gym for the first time. Gives me chance to form an opinion of the gym and its visitors (i.e. muscular show offs and time-wasters - those who do 5 minutes of heavy lifting for example and then sit for 25 minutes on the machine you want to use!)).

There is another gym located on Rackozi too just slightly down the road from Super gym. It's in the 7th district since it is on the other side of the blvd. ( closer to Balha Luza)

I also went in there once, not busy and only had machines and weights, no classes offered.
A Fitness it's called.
Pretty much in the same price range as the other from my memory, also a bit further on the same Blvd. but located inside a business complex is a place called 70 Fitness or Fitness 70, all machines, small place but modern equipment, think thought they were closer to 11,000 a month. Good luck.

Thanks again Marilyn, you are a star. I will definitely check out all three.