Quality Bike shops in Budapest

Hi all... following on from my post re Triathlon Clubs, I am trying in vain to locate any decent bike shops in Budapest... there seem to be a lot of Hire shops and second hand bike stores, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells higher spec products... ie; carbon/ti Road or Time Trial bikes, Assos/Rapha wear, Sidi shoes etc. (sorry... the cycling geeks will know what I am on about :rolleyes:)

Any recommendations?

(Of course, it may that these products don't sell well over here because the roads are so lousy that any carbon components will crack or fall to bits :D )

Cheers

Bob

I've been looking into this as well (planning to spend about half a million forints on a decent bike in the next week or two). Came across this one that I went into a few weeks ago

biondobike.hu/

If you find any other shops I'd also be interested to check them out.

Bgordon wrote:

the roads are so lousy

I shipped my hand build road bike here. It is still in the packing container, un-assembled. The road quality did have a bit to do with that decision. There is a nice bike lane around the lake here, but even it has cracks and bumps from tree roots. I finally simply finally broke down, joined "the other side" and bought a mountain bike here last year.

any recommendation for a decent "other side" second-hand mountain bike shop you could suggest? :-)

ParkourDC wrote:

any recommendation for a decent "other side" second-hand mountain bike shop you could suggest? :-)

You might find a dealer with a used bike at :

csekert.hu/szakuzletek

and for parts:

shop.bikeeurope.hu/

There's a Trek bike store in the 5th district.

I just buy things from Evans Cycles online and have them posted here. They have fairly inexpensive and fast shipping to Hungary: www.evanscycles.com I actually bought my bike from them and had it posted here. Took five days, and I got great customer service, including them paying me back for the cost of getting a professional to put it together properly (I'm a dunce with tools).

Can you tell me where the Trek shop is in dist 5? Or is there a website for it?

Thanks.

Here you go:

http://www.trek.hu/

Cím:    1054, Kálmán Imre u. 23.
Telefon:    1-331-3184
Nyitvatartás:    hétfőtől péntekig 10-18-ig, szombaton 9-13-ig

Ahhh of course. trek.hu would be the obvious website :)

Anyway, too late for me now. I bought one of these this morning from the shop I mentioned

http://www.wilier-usa.com/en/products/road-bike/izoard/

That Willier is :cool:. Bought one of their single speeds last year... good quality bikes.

Thanks for the feedback on the bike stores guys... if I come across any others I'll post on here.

Cheers

B

Bikeexpress.hu in Horvat ut. 2-12, District I, has De Rosa, Colnago, Bianchi, Villier, Campagnolo wheels, plus some quite unsorted opportunity stuff (stems, saddles, bibshorts and jerseys, etc.) Noticed same thing as many of you here: Rough surfaces on tarmac which make (my fine Ambrosio Crono tube rims and) expensive tyres too much a luxury. Simple training 25 - 28mm tyres will do best!