Travel within Saudi Arabia

Hello, could you please tell me what your opinion is about a female expat traveling solo in Saudi Arabia?  Would hotels let me stay?  Any information you have would be helpful.

Thanks!

Frankly speaking, not advisable to visit far flung areas. However,  you can explore places which are nearby major cities. Like a distance of few hours.

If you are travelling to cities like Jed, Riyadh, Dammam, Makkah, Medina there must be no issues unless you choose to stay low/medium stars furnished apartment.
Staying in hotel is safe and preferable, it is allowed for women to stay without male companion.

Female traveling solo...?? I think it is almost impossible here... and i think it is against the rule here for a woman to travel alone.

Thanks for your response.

Have a look into this article published in arab news
"SCTNH: Women can rent hotel rooms without ‘mahram' "
arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/866346

azfar789 wrote:

Female traveling solo...?? I think it is almost impossible here... and i think it is against the rule here for a woman to travel alone.

lol @ against the rule.

:proud  :proud  :proud

hamudi wrote:
azfar789 wrote:

Female traveling solo...?? I think it is almost impossible here... and i think it is against the rule here for a woman to travel alone.

lol @ against the rule.

I'd suggest you call some friends. It's risky if you travel alone on a cab or with someone who is not your husband. I've traveled many times from north to south by SAPTCO bus and never had problems.

Shanix88 wrote:

I'd suggest you call some friends. It's risky if you travel alone on a cab or with someone who is not your husband. I've traveled many times from north to south by SAPTCO bus and never had problems.

she didn't say anywhere she's going with someone?

Just for precautionary measure. A female expat travelling alone in Saudi Arabia is not advisable. That's just to add info about going out with someone other than your husband. And oh hotels can accommodate women without a hassle.

big proplm

sure hotels will let you stay

New topic