New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

My name is John A. Walsh and I work as an IT Consultant. Previously I lived and worked in Antwerpen for three years. In 2017 I am planning on returning to live and work in Brussels. I will commute from Dublin each week, where my wife and two young children live.

It's been ten years since I lived in Belgium and so I'm fairly rusty when it comes to knowing the lie of the land etc.

Need to sort out a affordable plan for accommodation in particular.

Interested in getting to meet other ex-pats etc. Cheers

Hi,

I am originally from Turkey. I came to Belgium for my PhD in Ghent University in 2007 and decided to continue living in Belgium afterwards. I am currently working in an international company in Kortrijk for the moment.
I am married and have two kids.
I am also interested in helping other expats and making some new friends.

See you

Hi,
My name is Hamideh. I have applied for reunification visa to join my husband in Leuven. He is living in Leuven and working for a company in Brussels.
I am an electrical engineer. we have a plan to settle in Belgium and I will try to find a job in my field of expertise.
I am eager to get familiar with the members of this forum and make new friends.

Hi, my name is Carlos and I am argentinian. I just arrived  4 months ago and I am here to be close to my daughter. Now looking for work (a legal one), to learn french and a cheap room in Brussels or around it. Now doing all the neccesary paperworks to stay here...  I speak  english and spanish...  I am a social guy... and I would really like to make some good trustable friends...

Dear Dolevo,

I am also Turkish.I lived in Belgium for 6 months in Wallonia,Namur trying to find a job and learn French.
I am married a Belgian already but the thing is i had to find a job during six months to prove that we have income.As i couldnt find i came back again to Istanbul.Now i try to go back and tryto find a job there again.
I dont now choose the job.I can work in anything.Here in Istanbul i was  owning&running a hostel.
If you have any suggestion or help to me i would appreciate that.

Thanks

Not sure if I posted this,

But I am a South African, moving to Belguim in 2-3 months. I will be will be living in Antwerp with my son of 15 months.

Looking foward to Advice sharing esp. childcare etc and jobs.

Take Care

Melissa

enyal wrote:

Dear Dolevo,

I am also Turkish.I lived in Belgium for 6 months in Wallonia,Namur trying to find a job and learn French.
I am married a Belgian already but the thing is i had to find a job during six months to prove that we have income.As i couldnt find i came back again to Istanbul.Now i try to go back and tryto find a job there again.
I dont now choose the job.I can work in anything.Here in Istanbul i was  owning&running a hostel.
If you have any suggestion or help to me i would appreciate that.

Thanks

Hi enyal,

What sort of jobs are you looking for? If you know Dutch or French, I believe you can find temporary jobs around quite easily. Of course you need to be a little lucky too.

Hello and thank's for your time! I'm currently living in England, but in a long distance relationship with a Beautiful Belgian lady. I'm hoping to move to Antwerp, but obviously won't jump in with both feet before I've tested the water.
I'm coming out again in the next few weeks & would be very grateful to meet up for a quick beer/coffee with some British ex-pats to give me the heads up/their opinion as to what to expat regarding cultural differences, difficulty working, etc etc......I also only speak English.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,

thanks in advance

Gary

Hi my name is Ben Verazzi originally from Perth, Western Australia. Im a commercial pilot who is currently flying in Papua, Indonesia on a 6 weeks on 4 weeks off. I have been travelling between there and Verviers for the last 2 years to be with my girlfriend as much as possible. Im also in the process of converting my Australian flying license to a Belgium one in order to fly in Europe.

I planned to have that finished by mid 2017 and hope to be living in Belgium full time by the end of the year if possible. I have been trying to learn french but not really progressing as well as I would like. Would like to build a friend base in Belgium as at moment I don't have a great deal of time while working fly in and fly out roster.

Any help on living in belgium would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for you time

Ben

Hellooo Ben, I used to be a a cabin crew in a local airline based in Kuwait for five years... So we are on the same page and field here.... If you are in Belgium... Hit me me  so we can meet and talk about anything you want

Hi everyone,

I am Bernadette and will be moving to Brussels on 12th Feb. I will be working as an accountant in a multinational bank.

I am interested to meet co-expats and would need help as well in finding a good accomodation once I arrive.

Say hello! :)

Hellooo there my name is nart... welcome to Belgium from now.... I think we are on the same page here since I got my documents and start searching for apartments... But anyways once again welcome and let's catch up when you arrive  :)

Hello, I'm Lorraine from New York City. I've been living in Belgium for 8 months and work as a consultant. I am also looking to make new friends in Belgium.

Hello ,i am also new in belgium (west flanders) doing job here and looking friends in belgium .

Hello. My name is Celestine. I am based in South Africa and considering to travel to Belgium. Is it easy for Africans to secure jobs there?

Hi all,

Glad to be here. I am looking forward to moving to Belgium but have many questions. I am from Taiwan and have lived in the U.S.

:)

Hi!
I am American, from Montana but currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are considering moving to Belgium sometime in the next year, in the Brussels area. My husband is from Antwerp. I lived in Italy for almost 7 years. We have a son that is 12.

Hello Guyz, I am Shilpa from INDIA. I am here in Brussels Belgium with my hubby and i am also looking for a job here. I am a soft testing engineer with 3 yrs of experience..

i come from nepal and just starting to settle in belgium so i am looking for the job in belgium.

Hi all,

I am 42 and Dutch but live actually for quite some time now in Belgium. I have lived in the Caribbean in the past and love to travel. Currently work for an American company in Germany.

We are planning to move out of Belgium within one year again but if you need some suggestions or help let me know.

Ciao
Nils

Good morning to all of you,

I've been living in Brussels for two years but I haven't known this website till now. So, I would be pleased to meet new people.

Nice to meet you on this site!

Bye and have a nice day

Hello, I am Nicolas, getting ready to move in Belgium because of my parents' job change. Hope my new life will be awesome here

Frankly,
I'm here looking for a second hand washing machine...

Valentin

Hi everyone:

My name is Simone and hoping to move to Belgium from Florida with my two children this summer. Would love to meet expats!

Best regards..

Hi Everyone!

My name is Caique, Im brazilian and I've just moved to Gent few weeks ago where Im working as engineer.

I would like to make new friends here to practice sports or just hang out and have a good conversation (and one belgium beer, of course!)

Well, I can speak Portuguese, English and a little bit os Spanish!

So, please let me know if anyone want to do something! Lets hang out!

See you!

Caique.

Hi,

I am hoping to move to Belguim this year.

Hi everyone,
My name is Lyda, originally from Colombia, and I have lived in USA  for many years now, moving to Brussels for my husband's job,  July 2017; we have 2 young kids. I speak English and Spanish, and a little French. I hope to be part of a nice group of friends here.

Hi Simone ,
I am also moving to Brussels this summer, how old are your kids?  it would be nice to meet, let me know . :)

HI Lyda:

My kids are 10 and 12 years, boy and girl. Would love to meet up when I get there. Hopefully your kids are around the same age. Where are you planning on living. I need help so ,much with that aspect at I want to live close to the centre, or in Brussels (affordably) ..

Simone

Hye! Im Agnes from Estonia. Currently in Belgium. Used to work as a cabin crew for couple of years and at the moment looking for some babysitting jobs . My  french language skills are still in progress although I have studied it for a year back at my home country :)

Wishing you all a nice day!

Hi All,

I am from India though currently living in US. Planning to shift to Belgium by June.

Hellooo agnes... I guess we are on the same page here... Used to work as cabin crew members for several years.... Maybe we could catch up for cup of coffee or something... I like to meet new  people of same field and share experience   :)

Cheers
Nart

Hello!
My name is Énio. I'm from Mozambique. I'm a student in China who plans to spend his summer holidays (around three months) in Belgium. I'm coming to Brussels or Ghent (not sure yet) in July and I look forward to meet nice people who can show me around and grab a couple of drinks. At the moment I'm looking for a part-time job, so if anyone can help I would be very thankful. I am fluent in Portuguese and English and can also speak Spanish, Chinese and French

Hi everyone !

I'm Clement, a sports lover from France (Can speak English, French and Japanese).

I live in Brussels since April and I am selling artisanal cheese, tea and wine in the Benelux area ;

I am looking to make friends here so if you are looking for a sports partner or just want to talk around a good cup of coffee or a fresh beer, don't hesitate to contact me !

Clem

:)

nycgirlonthejob wrote:

Hello, I'm Lorraine from New York City. I've been living in Belgium for 8 months and work as a consultant. I am also looking to make new friends in Belgium.

Hi Lorraine, I'm Assia from Moscow. I've been living in Belgium for 10 years. I'm looking new friends here to improve my English. I speak French, German and Russian too.

Hello everyone,

I'm Hajar, from Morocco. I'm preparing a Phd in appliend economics in co-supervision between the university of hasselt and the university of Meknes (my hometown).

I'll be spending 7 months in Hasselt starting from September 2017 (research-stay) and I'm trying to prepare myself for this experience. I would love to meet new people, make friends, explore the city and the country and make the best of this stay.

Have a nice day :)

Hello there boys and girls,

I'm Thills, I'm from Italy (pizza and mandolino and all that stuff) and I recently joined this forum to get some infos about moving to Brussels and hopefully make some acquaintances.

Looking forward to get to know you guys better!

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle - originally from South Africa - but I've lived in London, UK and Seoul in South Korea. My hubby and I are moving to Brussels in September for my studies at VUB. I'm currently looking for an apartment, so would appreciate your advice on the best areas to live (preferably close to the university). I speak English, Afrikaans, Dutch and a little French (self-taught). I'm looking forward to this adventure and especially meeting new friends.

Closed