Buying a new Honda Hcmc

Hi Folks
Hope to buy a new Honda in the near future... Blade,Future or Wave....would anyone recommend any Honda dealers?
Any advice or thoughts  would be appreciated
Have you bought yourself?....if so how was your experience
Do the dealers offer fixed price or is the price negotiable, can I buy myself or does it need to be in a locals name?
Thanks

Nearly all Honda dealers offer the same price, and yes,you will need to get it in a locals name, that is unless you want to go through the drama of having it in your name.

Thanks colinoscapee
Gareth

This is based on my wife's experience, but she says one should only buy from official dealers. Because she distrusts lesser dealers, rumors of swapping out official part; probably exaggerated urban myth though, who knows how common that is?

But I don't believe prices are always the same, dealer to dealer. If you look at the Honda website, I think those are just marketing prices. At the official dealer we went to window shop (Head in Saigon D5) floor prices were a lot higher, with low inventory, old models mixed in with new models, some had old features like spoked wheels instead of alloy wheels. You really have to check everything. I don't know if taxes and other fees are included. Really felt like a seller's market, not a negotiable buyer's market that time.

Good luck. Be sure to let us now how it turns out. As HondaVN says, "Ride Brilliant" whatever that means  :/

@ gobot

"Good luck. Be sure to let us now how it turns out. As HondaVN says, "Ride Brilliant" whatever that means "     :/

An oblique marketing ploy to tell you how 'brilliant' you are
for choosing a Honda.       :blink:

The rest is correct too.
                ..how else can they get rid of old stock..?

Someone has to pay for the facility.  Guess who?     :sosad:

Thanks for the info guys.
My wife is Vietnamese  and she is aware of the Honda copies...time to get around the dealers
Will not rush to buy but will post when I have done some dealership visits
Gareth

Gareth Uk wrote:

Thanks for the info guys.
My wife is Vietnamese  and she is aware of the Honda copies...time to get around the dealers
Will not rush to buy but will post when I have done some dealership visits
Gareth

If you buy from a Honda dealer who sells just Hondas, you won't have the problem with Chinese copies.

My recommendation you should buy official authorizes Honda dealers,because its will help you lots for after service.

For those who posted with advice and asked to be kept in touch with how it's turns out firstly thanks for the advice...you were more or less correct
Visited 5 dealerships Districts 1,4,and 8 and they offer more or less the same price,take it or leave it!....in each location the sales rep sung out the price from a fixed price list with one list without taxes and registration fee...the second list with the former included.
They also advised to buy in my wife,s name to save hassle.
Bought at the official Honda dealership on Nguyen Trai District 1,One of my wife,s releatives has bought there in the past and they phone her when they think it's time to change the oil so hopefully good after sales.
Bought a basic Blade.Could not buy something physically bigger because of tight overnight parking and I,m a smallish guy,nothing bigger engine capacity wise because I,m new to two wheel transport,not more uprange because less likely to get nicked and the way bikes get knocked about here.
Got a new bike that does what I need of it at a fraction of the cost of what it would be in the Uk
Lastly I have been renting a bike for a total of 3 months.The guy who I was renting the bike off swears by Honda and he has excellent reviews on "Tripadvisor"...that,s got to mean something!

Cool, thx for the update Gareth! My wife has a 10 year old Blade, it is so light and maneuverable in the hems.
Tell us about markup and tax and fees. Compared to the website prices, what did you pay? On the webpage, you scroll down to the colors section and click the color swatches to see the list price.

Honda Blade page

For Gabor
Thanks for your interest
I did not look at the website prices,went along to 5 Honda shops and found that there is no haggling on the price each garage having a fixed price list for all their bikes,all being very close to the others
The price without tax was18 million six hundred thousand dong( about £640....the pound is going up and down at the moment) and the final price including the former 21 million one hundred thousand dong( £765)on the road
Did look at the colour selection but at the location in district 4 and at the location where I bought on Nguyen Trai both had the a black " Modern Art" design bike which I liked,slightly cheaper at Nguyen Trai and supplied with new helmet,rain coat and a free entry to a raffle which my wife picked a box of Vietnamese Coca Cola( sorry don,t know the brand name).As per my previous post my wife's niece has previously bought there and received good after sales.
Was told it would take nearly a week to register because it's a new design,if it was and an old design it would take about 2 days but the registration was done in 2 days so really now do not know if it's a new design .
Regardless of being a new design or not I have a new bike,the same as I have been renting up to this choice hence my reason for choice because as you say it's very light and manouversble and by buying new hope to have reliability which to myself is everything!
Thanks
Gareth

Nice, Gareth, the website price for spoked wheels is the same, so they didn't mark it up. Good to know. Yes the Hondas are very reliable. Be careful out there.

Thanks Gabot