Retirement Visa

I just heard the Cambodian government is issuing  retirement visas.  Does anyone know the details?

Apparently it costs the same as the yearly business visa and allows multiple entry into the country. Proof that you are on a pension is required to prove you do not have a job that pays money in Cambodia

Thanks fella.. I buy you a pint in February

http://www.movetocambodia.com/practical … ment-visa/

Thanks Joe.. I saw this early but still no details on the cost and requirements?

Brissieguy mentioned the costs and requirements already. He is right, but I add that you also have to prove that money comes in into Cambodia, meaning copy of bankbook.

I linked the one that tells about possible negative effects of the retirement visa.
Cambodia can tax any income earned anywhere in the world.
So with supplying your income (even from retirement) there is a chance you get taxed here.

The existing Ordinary visa is much easier and in fact there is no advantage of the retirement visa.
Technically there is a requirement for a work permit when applying for the Ordinary visa, but that has never been enforced and I don't know anyone who was asked for a work permit.
If you want/need to work you can use the O visa to obtain a work permit, if you don't want/need to work, don't work :)