Regarding Complaint about Employer

Dear Friends. Am Mahender  from india. I have been working in one of Building materials as Stores Manager sice from 9 motns. From the my joing date employer or company had failed to provide basic things like Drinking water proper sanitation and transportation form accomidation to office. Now a days since from more than one month my employer is incesting me to work on overtime with  extra payment. In fact am even also forced to work on public holidays also. I have been taken up this to my management and discussed many times still there is no proper responce. Can u plz suggest me the best way how to   take up this issue to concern authorities.  I want to complaint about all this. Infact we dont have any empolyment agreement , and company  dont provide us any medical insurance or medical claims.
Plz help me.

submit online complaint to ministry of manpower site. ministry mention that company can not take any action against applicant ..

Hi Mahender9990,

Please file a formal complaint online in the Ministry of Manpower website. Also, complain to the Indian Embassy about how your employer is mistreating you.

There is no reason for you to suffer in silence. All employees have been given enough opportunities and options to seek redressals in case of any mismanagement.

If you do not use those given opportunities, then you have only yourself to be blamed. So act immediately.

Dear Respected Sir

Greetings for tge Day!!!!

Sir Thank you very much for helping me and i gon through ur email. As per ur guidelines am planning to raise a compalint agnest my Employer in Ministry of Manpower. . As i submited my resignation on 14 december2016 through email. But i have not received any conformation. And also i submited them one hard copy but they rejected and said we will discuss in personally. Since from that day i have sent them many mails regarding my resignation. There is no proper responce.  Yesterday i had a discussion regarding this issue there a not responding.
Sir i have a quiry that can i claim my Over time work payment. As i have worked on saturdays also. And normal days we worked late nites and some days we worked in our lunch breack.
Sir plz suggest me the process...
am realy thankfull to you in this regard
Mahender.M

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Mahender9990,

Claiming your overtime should be the least of your concerns.

Working on Saturdays, working late in the evenings and working through your lunch break sometimes, are all usually seen as pretty normal.

What are the overtime payment policies in your company ?

More importantly what has been agreed between you and your employer.

Only that would be of any consequence.

Discuss this issue also with the Ministry officials, besides your other concerns.

Dear sir. We dont have any employment agreement with the company. Infact they cheated me in this matter. And also they are not  given us  any insurance and medical insurance as per oman labour law. Coming to the over time issue.we dont have any overtime payment policies .Its not a day or 2 day work sir its going on daily basis. And every time he force us to work on public and private holidays . Since from my joing date am working more than 10 hours  a day and more than 48 hours in a week(6dayin a week).  Sir I want to share one more thing that now a days he is forcing me to carry out the company work in other comany premisess without giving any authentication latter.When i discussed about all these issue with him he simply warned me that i have to work as per his word . And he dont pay for any overtime ..he always abuses employess in working hours . He dont  not at all concrend about oman labou law... sir if i place an complaint will i face any trouble ?? Sir plz suggest me the best way . Am completly depended on ur suggetion. As i dont have any one to help me in this matter..

Thanking you sir

Hi Mahender9990,

Go straight to the Indian Embassy and lodge a formal complaint - immediately.

If you do not resolve this crisis immediately it would only become worse for you.

There is nothing else you can do since you have zero documents to support your case.

Sir i have saturdays working  attendance sheets and also when ever i worked over time i have those supporting documents with signatures...

Now my quiry is if loadge a complaint in ministry of manpower will it worth for me?

Hi Mahender9990,

If justice cannot be served to an expatriate employee, who is proven to be unfairly treated at work, what else would be the primary functions of the complaint and redressal section at the Ministry of Manpower ?

Dear All,
I was assigned as a Cash Office Personal in a big Retail Supermarket.But i had no idea that they would make me attend the Customer Service Dept.When discussed with the seniors they said that we should help .But due to this i am not spending time in the cash Office.

My offer letter Clearly and Only mentions the Position as Cash Office Personal.

Trusting them i used my NOC but now its a nightmare.

Can i get my NOC back

Hi perfectstranger,

Going by what you have mentioned, it seems like you are being made to do tasks besides what you were hired for.

Now that is certainly against the Sultanate's manpower employment laws.

You should not waste time trying to resolve this by yourself since your attempts thus far have not borne fruit.

Report your employer's deeds to the Indian Embassy, citing your employment contract.

You should also lodge an online complaint against your employer, with the Ministry of Manpower.

Once the matter is officially escalated, your employer would have to take corrective steps, as advised by the authorities. This may not happen overnight. But it will.

Thank You So Much