Electrical goods...

Hi all,

We are heading for Malta in a couple of months and im thinking of loading up my van with electrical goods, is it easy to sell? What I learnt is that TV's, Microwaves, computers etc etc is expensive on Malta....
I also have DVD's with all the newest films that is on d theaters at the moment..hows the customs on things like that? I mean if I have 5 TV's, 15 Microwaves and a bunch of laptops.

Pat

You can hawk your wares here http://www.maltapark.com/   or just check out the going rate.

Thx...will check it out...im a bit worried about customs since it is brand new stuff

You will need a trading licence to sell the items.

If stopped at customs, the TVs would be of most interest as they would need registering for TV licences.

Most people here buy dvds on the internet, so your prices would need to better those of play.com and amazon (unless they are copies, in which case expect to get your collar felt). Similar for TVs, microwaves and laptops - amazon deliver all of these to Malta.

Ok....I better be careful coming through customs....the DVD's are copies and I have them on external buffalo drives so they are not burnt to disks yet. I have a source where I download from and I get movies a long time before they are released, many of them when just released to the theaters in the states. Was thinking of charging 5 euros a disk.
I also seen TV's old thick models for 200 euro, Im bringing 10 flat screens 30 inch for 400 euros all brand new.....

The police, quite rightly, come down hard on people selling pirated dvds. You will also find yourself competing with some of the nastier elements of Maltese society if you sell them - it will be a tossup as you whether you appear in hospital or court first.

"flat screens 30 inch for 400 euros" - no cheaper than amazon, and they give a guarantee

Hi,

The TV's are too expensive ! You can get good ones in Malta for that price . What about guarantee and VAT ?

And I agree with George on the DVD's .You used to be able to buy illegal copies in Valletta but the police seem to have cracked down on those hawkers.

Corradino Hilton is waiting :/

Cheers
Ricky

Sorry price was meant to be in us dollars.....

ricky wrote:

Hi,

The TV's are too expensive ! You can get good ones in Malta for that price . What about guarantee and VAT ?

And I agree with George on the DVD's .You used to be able to buy illegal copies in Valletta but the police seem to have cracked down on those hawkers.

Corradino Hilton is waiting :/

Cheers
Ricky

You can get all the illegal dvd's and all the other fun stuff discussed here in Marsasloxx on sundays before 1pm.  Poli and I were just there last week and were very surprised by the amount of people selling things, and we had a great time.