Any good real Japanese restaurant in SIngapore ?

Hi,

I have been to quite a few so called Japanese restaurants here
but the food is far from being called Japanese.
Can anyone suggest a good real one..

Thanks Nfirdaus, appreciate your suggestion mate

Tepanyaki Restaurant at Shangrila Hotel has been a favourite of mine for the past 8 years.

The best I have had in Singapore.

There is of course the Japanese Club off of Adam/Farrer Road you could try ?  And there is also a Japanese Restaurant in Tiong Bahru near CTE turn off (but cant remember its name)

Thank you Big D :) I will surely try those.

Santuka sushi in Central mall (above Clarke Quay) has great, authentic ramen.  I'm still looking for great sushi and other Japanese restaurants though!

Hi thank you.

I tried the one at Jurong point, Boon lay - Chicken Terayaki was really good and there are few down there which i will check out.
This is located at lower level.

I second ChicnCheapLiving's recommendation on Santouka Hokkaido Ramen. There are two outlets, one located at The Central (Clarke Quay) and the other at Cuppage Terrace (Orchard Road). I enjoy the ramen but, personally, find that it can be a bit too salty so I often request that they go easy on the soup base.

For sushi, I frequent Sushi Tei (Serangoon Gardens) but I'm also eager to find out if there are better sushi joints here in Singapore!

Try this link - sg.openrice.com/singapore/restaurant/sr1.htm?cuisine_id=3002 - japanese restaurants- from OpenRice Singapore.  Lots food shops to choose mate.