Where can I take some flight lessons?

Hello guys!

I know my question is a bit specific but I am looking for informations about flight lessons in Sg or around.
Apparently it's a bit difficult to fly in Singapore due to the lack of air space.
Malaisia could be a solution. Is it possible? I heard that students need a special visa to learn flying in Malaisia. Is it difficult to get?
Flying is a leisure for me. I have a job so I can fly only during week-ends. Do you know any club?

Thank you in advance for any answer!

Greg

Hi greg :),

you can check out these websites:
http://www.singaporeflyingclub.com/http://www.seletar-flying-club.org/index.html

Hello Cheejun

Thank you for your answer!
Are you a pilot?
Well the problem about flying in Singapore is the restricted air space. I don't think it's really enjoyable to fly in circle.
That's why I am thinking about Malaysia!

Greg

Hi greg,

haha no I'm a student but I'm currently studying aeronautical and aerospace engineering . Yep they usually fly from seletar airport to malaysia and back in pipers if im not wrong :).

Ahh je n'ai pas vu que t'es français! Pourquoi tu aimes les avions? Tu as préparé venir à singapour le mois prochain?

Hi Cheejun!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English so that everyone can understand and participate?

Thanks
Armand

Hello cheejun!

Thank you for your answer!
I am interested in airplanes since I was 12 years old when I was creating small remote-controlled airplanes. I currently have a Master's degre in Mechanical Engineering but not working in the aeronautical field.
And you? Why are you interested in it? Yes I'm french and I'll arrive on April 1st.

Is there anybody who has more informations about it?
Thanks in advance for any answer!

Funny, I was thinking about this too ... I'm arriving end of March in Singapore and will look into this .. will let you know if I find out more.

Cheers
Shana

Hi sorry for the late reply! I have been interested in planes for a very long time but I didn't pass the medical checkup for the pilot license because my eyesight is really bad:(.  Do you fly often? What types of planes do you usually fly?

Hello guys

Sorry for my late answer! I was in vacation in Japan but now working in Singapore.
It's so hot here. Ha ha

Shana : Thanks for your reply. Did you find any information about flying in Singapore or Malaysia?

Cheejun : Sorry to hear that. May be you can have surgery in the future to correct your eyesight. To answer your question : no I didn't fly often in France as I didn't have much time. Also you know it depends on the weather and winter was awful this year (I started my PPL last November).

See you guys

Greg

Hi, I have been super busy and did not look into it yet .. The next 2 months are packed with business travel too so have it on the to do list for June .. Let me know if you figure something out :-)

Well I contacted an aeroclub and there's no need for a visa of any kind in Malaisia if you live in Sg.
There are many clubs in KL. Some of them have a good reputation. It's a bit far though to go there too regularly.
There's also some activities in JB but I didn't read anything good.
An hour cost approximatively 300-350$ depending of course on the airplane.
Any more information is valuable

I'm not sure what kind of flying you are talking about but I have a french friend also who does paragliding i think it's called. He used to do it here then moved to KL to do it. I don't think u need any special visa... It's a distance but prob Malaysia is a better bet than Singapore as u say space wise. Might be cheaper there also, so if u add your transport fees it prob comes up to the same. Plus it might feel more like a holiday eh everytime u head up to Malaysia? Make a trip of it!