Active People

Hi people! I have been in Singapore and on Expat.com since January but it only now crossed my mind to post a topic about sports and fitness activities in Sg.

Since I am quite active and into sports (hit the gym regularly and run quite freqently) I am wondering whether there are more people  like me in this country (boys and girls) who would be up to gather regularly and do sports (running, swimming, cycling, gym, tennis, football, hiking... everything that rocks!) There are anyway too many footcourts in town and too less movement during working hours....

Wanna meet some sports interested and active people!
Who would be with me? :)

Hi, I am in! From September you can count on me. Let me know about the details.

Hi Tony,

That sounds like a good idea. Perhaps some hiking during the upcoming holidays? I am also hitting the gym regularly but outdoor activities are more fun. PM your number and we can discuss

hi hanson!

nice meeting you! are you working out frequently? for which gym have you signed up?

cheers tony

Hi Tony!

Very good post you got there!

I'm also quiet active, but usually train on my own. But I'd be up for cycling (mountain biking), hiking and even tennis sometimes.

Just let me know if interested

Cheers

Hi Tony!

Very good post you got there!

I'm also quiet active, but usually train on my own. But I'd be up for cycling (mountain biking), hiking and even tennis sometimes.

Just let me know if interested

Cheers

thanks julien for your post! I have already been in contact with some of the more active people on expatblog and also look forward to getting to know you! We should meet sometime and plan! :-)

Hi Julien and Tony! I am looking forward to meet you guys soon. I can sense that we can be good friends someday. I am also trying to have an active lifestyle lately, to keep my youthful look, maybe? Hope to see you soon. pls pm me for details.I hope the other guy and girl in this forum will also be ok to hangout with me even if I am not from Europe. :-)

Hey everyone,

I'm getting back to being active after an accident, I used to compete in adventure racing and triathalon, mountain biking sounds good, what are the trails like here?
I'm going to be buying a bike soon but am unsure whether to get a mountain bike or a road bike?

Count me in for any group meet ups!

Steve

Hi, I am also keen to join. I am going Stand Up Paddleboarding this Saturday with a few ppl from a different forum. It is on ECP, if anyone is interested - let me know.

Otherwise - I would like to join any group activities organised.... tennis, running etc. I am in the market to buy a bike at the moment so once I get some wheels, cycling too!

Hit me up if you guys play football!

hi@all

let me know if you guys play football!

yeah football would be fun too. Who would be in?

Hi I am in ! From October onwards. Let me know the details !

I'm going for football this weekend in the east, in case there's an opportunity for more people to join I'll let you guys know. =)

A great post - pretty much just what I'm looking for.
I've just joined the blog but I've also been in Singapore since the beginning of the year and am missing the active side of life outside the usual swim/gym stuff.
I'm up for a bit of hiking or wakeboarding or something totally new like stand up paddleboarding too. Keep me posted :)

Hey folks, joined this site today. I love football, have played a few times with random teams on weekends. Would love to be a part of any group sport/activity. How about paintball?

Cheers!

Hey Tony,
Great idea! sign me up...
Thanks,
Dahman

Football Or Paint Ball sounds great! Shall we try to organise it for this we

I'm up for a game of football. Paintball sounds great too!

This weekend?

Finally there seems to be some activity here, thanks to me for mentioning paintball ;)

Well, we need to gather at least 12 people to have a decent paintball match. So whoever is up for it, please include you name in the list, just copy the entire list and add your name at the bottom. I am including both of you, Julien_A and Steve Pressland, assuming that you both are interested

1. Kamran (my actual name :P)
2. Julien_A
3. Steve Pressland
4. tonyfischer

Once we have enough people, we can fix up a date.

Cheers!

hello Tony,
my name is May, I live in sg for 3 years now, I was looking for someone who wants to play tennis, let me know if you are interested. I stay in Lavender.

Cheers,
May

Nice post here, everyone

I'm starting to work out recently too. I do yoga and jogging (as I have a bet with my friend to run a half marathon by next year..any training tips?)and used to play squash (but don't know where to find a court here in SG, seems like most of the squash courts are in residential condo or clubs...) but I'm up for any new activities and meet ups. Count me in.

How about rock climbing?

btw, have you guys had paintball yet? I'd like to join too. I organized a paintball event for my company last month, let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,
Jean

Hey guys , would love to join too !

abooliya wrote:

Finally there seems to be some activity here, thanks to me for mentioning paintball ;)

Well, we need to gather at least 12 people to have a decent paintball match. So whoever is up for it, please include you name in the list, just copy the entire list and add your name at the bottom. I am including both of you, Julien_A and Steve Pressland, assuming that you both are interested

1. Kamran (my actual name :P)
2. Julien_A
3. Steve Pressland
4. tonyfischer
5.Jacintha

Once we have enough people, we can fix up a date.

Cheers!

hi i am interested as well ::)

Orrite, people here seem to be warming up to the idea of paintball. The following people have shown an interest:

1. Kamran (my actual name )
2. Julien_A
3. Steve Pressland
4. tonyfischer
5. Jacintha
6. rainbowday
7. bingchun.hou
8. centrica

If we can manage a headcount of 12, and everybody's interest is genuine, then we may have a paintball match very soon. Cheers!:cheers:

I enjoy working out at the gym and would be great to have a gym buddy.

Heyyyy!!!! Nice group ;-)

Hello,

I am really up for meeting up with people on this chat, and doing some sports. :)

Please let me know who I should send my number to, to organise meeting up with everyone.

I recently signed up for Dragon boat racing for an Expat team which I start on Saturday if anyone fancies coming too?

SJ

Hi all,

I'm new in SG and I would really like to try paintball!
If it's fine not to have any experience, I'm totally in.

Cheers,
Andrej

Alrite, we are only a few people away from reaching the magical figure of 12. The list of interested people:

1. Kamran (my actual name )
2. Julien_A
3. Steve Pressland
4. tonyfischer
5. Jacintha
6. rainbowday
7. bingchun.hou
8. centrica
9. Andrej

I hope the everyone's interest is genuine. And don't worry about not having played paintball before. There always has to be a first time. Cheers!

Please can you add my name to the list :) Cheers

Hey abooliya,

Here is an updated list for the paintball:

1. Kamran (credits:)
2. Julien_A
3. Steve Pressland
4. tonyfischer
5. Jacintha
6. rainbowday
7. bingchun.hou
8. centrica
9. Andrej
10. sjkenny85
11. Bovaria

Looks like there is only one person missing now, who will be willing to sacrifice and come:)?

Btw, looking for tennis buddies next to Raffles Place MRT, drop me a PM if interested. Also looking for squash partners.
Cheers,

Hi,

I want to join for the paintball activity. When and where? :D

oh finally we have twelve people:-)

Hi guys,
It would be nice to meet you for sports, but I like to fight :) Does it sound like a good idea?

paintball in nov?

How about 17th November? Most of the people who have shown interest have been MIA for a while. We will have to hound them! :P

Anna ozzz wrote:

Hi guys,
It would be nice to meet you for sports, but I like to fight :) Does it sound like a good idea?

kickboxing?

abooliya wrote:

How about 17th November? Most of the people who have shown interest have been MIA for a while. We will have to hound them! :P

i am ok with that date...