Property prices in Cali

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Cali is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Cali?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Sorry for late response. Cali prices as of 2017 / december are on the rise. Sales are good. I feel / see more openings in "locales" not local/ but prices in Cali are remaining high. Areas in South are most expensive along with some areas near the west such as Miraflores, and other older neighborhoods with great ambiance. East is the dangerous part of Cali including central areas close to downtown.  Stay away from El Rodeo, Aguablanca, Porvenir, Siloe, Valle Grande and other areas in the east and North.

Areas such as Prados del Norte y Versaille are still strong and holding values well.

My fav area (where i live now) is in the older neighborhoods such as Nueva Tequendama around CRA 30-50 south between calle 5 and 25 west. You can find a wonderful large home in good neighborhood fro $100k or less in these areas. 100k seems to be about the median. South prices tend to jump up dramatically especially in rental markets.

Most  major streets are going through urban renewal and especially in Tequendama area where many homes are being torn down and re-done. I prefer housing near working neighborhoods and where the jobs are. Just me. Overall prices are not dropping and there are some steals to be found but in older neighborhoods.