Riyadh to Dubai

farwaismail wrote:

I travelled to Dubai from Riyadh last night. I have a flight tomorrow for the U.S. So I'll exit Dubai. Will I require a visa on the Dubai airport when I come back from the U.S. and if I will, what visa will I need to enter Dubai? And how do I apply for that visa?

This depends on the passport of the country you have...also on the transit, if you are stopping in Dubai on the way back or just a short connection?

I have a Pakistani passport with Saudi Iqama. And I will stay in Dubai for 2/3 days when I come back. Also, I will go back to Saudi by car.

farwaismail wrote:

I have a Pakistani passport with Saudi Iqama. And I will stay in Dubai for 2/3 days when I come back. Also, I will go back to Saudi by car.

You have to check UAE tourism website to see a list of the countries that need visa before they travel, and the countries that can get a visa on arrival, most EU and N. American countries get visa on arrival at Dubai (some for a fee, some free).

If you are travelling by Emirates / Etihad or any UAE airline, then they can also arrange a visa I think.

The US authorities will need to see a visa before they let you on the plane back (usually the airline staff is responsible to ensure this). They have a list of the countries exempt from visa and those that require visa prior to boarding.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Visa requirements for Dubai, UAE: http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo … visas.aspx

I have leased a car 2 month back, can i take my car with me?. If yes, what car document should i require to visit Dubai and how much will be the cost of it ?

Yes you can go to the showroom and ask for tafweed
It will cost around 200 sar

Shattitude..... Thanks

Do i need to attest that document from Chamber of Commerce and any other Police department or this tafweed is enough for me.......

Can i rent a car for the trip? Riyadh to dubai? Anybody have experience for this, would be very happy to hear..

yes, all you need is tafweed from the car rental co. and no need to go chamber of commerce or police station

thank you. but decided by bus

Dear All,

Inshallah  Eid Holidays(Ramadhan) i am planning to Dubai from Riyadh by Road. I have some questions.

1) Near by Eid Holidays, Which is best time to reach Border means normally during Eid Holidays, Immigration process will take time unusual  and also return to

2) Last time i went thru riyadh-khurais-hufuf-salwa to dubai. This time, i am planning to go via kharj. Is this route safe? how many gas station there(Petrol). I heared, this route some KM is one-way(single track).

Can someone guide me?

These Days you cannot take Visa from the Border, You will have to apply for a visa to get into UAE. so there will be no traffic jams.

Safe Driving.

thank you

hi Guys,

Let me share my experience I had by visiting Dubai by Road from Riyadh.

Since the on-arrival has been stopped from October 2015, so you have to get online visa before you travel to U.A.E

To how to apply for U.A.E visa through online. I get it through http://www.ednrd.ae ..GCC Individual option...

You have to apply at least before 15 days for U.A.E visa before your journey starts
In case you have family members, you first have to apply for your own visa through www.ednrd.ae, as it gets approved, you can apply for visa of your family members...

Don't forget to attach your visa copy with your family members applications.
You will be charged 268 Dirhams for each application,,,in case you pay them through Credit Card.

Since, it was night time around 9:30 PM, when i started my journey for Dubai....i always prefer to go through Route 10 - through Al Kharj Rd. but it was night time and it is totally NOT RECOMMENDED to take Route 10 - via Al Kharj Road in night time as there are camel on highway, sand dunes and it is mostly one way...On Route 10 there are hardly Two (2) petrol pumps which are location around 250 KM far from Kharj Rd. So the best thing is to fill the petrol tank before you start on Route 10, Route 10 from AlKharaj to UAE border is almost 525 Km...

this time I took the route through Route 40...Hofuf..Salwa...which took me around 7:30 hours in reaching till border...long route..since it took only 4 to 5 hours if you take Route 10...if we compare these two routes, Route 10 is much better but only to travel in daytime....

Well I reached at border around 5:00 AM in the morning...at first they check the car Istimarah....Istimarah should be valid...in case you have rent a car or leased, you must have Authorized Maroor Papers with you otherwise they won't let you go in side. Then on second inspection, they checked our passport and put exit stamp on it.

Once you finished with Saudi Border, you have to drive almost half kilometer more, then you will see the first border of UAE...in case you are GCC National, they will check your ID and let you go. But if you are an expat, after crossing first Inspection window you must have to park your car on left hand side. there is one old shaped white building, you have to go in there and get your passport and visa paper stamped from immigration official there. We were already having online visa, so we just go to immigration counter after getting  Eye Scan and he asked me what do i do in Saudi Arabia and he stamped the passport and visa paper.

Then you will drive to Car Customs Area, once you get clear from Custom Section, you will find one Exchange Monetary shop on left hand side. You may change from Saudi Riyal to Dirham if you want.

Then you will get window for Car Insurance. No matter you already have insurance. You have to get insurance of UAE anyhow...they charged me 150 SAR for 7 days..

On last window, they will ask for a small receipt papers which was given to you once you entered in UAE border..that slip should be stamped by immigration official.

Welcome to UAE

Great.. Thanks for sharing your experience pal. I have been to UAE by road like 5 times however it when they used to issue visa on arrival.

Hi!

Thanks so much for the information. My wife and I are planning to drive from Khobar to Sharjah/ Dubai during Eid-Al-Adha vacation to meet up friends and family there.

While applying the visa online, I faced a little hurdle and I request that someone help me with it.

I work as an Engineer here but my Iqama says 'Mechanical Engineering Technician'.

On the ednrd.ae website, I could find either 'mechanic engineer' or the following technician types:

DENTAL TECHNICIAN
Electronic Technician
Hospital Technician
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
LAP TECHNICIAN
Technologist
X-Ray Technician

Can someone please help me how to go about this?
Thank you so much in advance!

First of all please ensure the provision of visa on arrival, as the rules has changed. Before starting your journey confirm as many times as you can, because the journey distance is too long and chances of returning back need to be evaluated.
thanks
moin

Yes I totally agree with you.. Do NOT want to drive all the way back from the border - it'll be too disappointing!!
I don't know if visa-on-arrival facility applies to me, so I wanted to apply for the e-visa.
However, I'll do some further research since I have a month to go before I visit UAE.

A very open definition and useful. Thanks a lot for sharing information. But I got an issue, since I applied and already got the eVisa but lil confusing, while selecting the entering border I selected Abu Dhabi (Al Gouifat) relevantly on the eVisa paper mentioned Date & Place of issue "ABU DHABI AIRPORT" this is the really confusing me, would you please share your experience ? Or the information went OK ?

billlu wrote:

A very open definition and useful. Thanks a lot for sharing information. But I got an issue, since I applied and already got the eVisa but lil confusing, while selecting the entering border I selected Abu Dhabi (Al Gouifat) relevantly on the eVisa paper mentioned Date & Place of issue "ABU DHABI AIRPORT" this is the really confusing me, would you please share your experience ? Or the information went OK ?

It's alright. You won't face any troubles.

Hi,

Make sure you've added the correct information while adding info of your Employer, if your employer is a individual you might see a few Professions instead if you select ESTABLISHMENT probably you would see more than 70 occupations. Enjoy !

Alright !!! thanks !!!

I want to ask one more thing, on my IQAMA (residence permit) the profession is Computer Technician but my job is different than the profession I have & I selected my job on eVisa (assistant manager) will that make any issue on border ??

They will check your iqama on border and will ask you some questions related to your work. The profession on your iqama really matters, If the listed profession acceptable, you wouldn't have any problem

Yes, it is acceptable at all I'm sure about that, but I just shocked right after reading the tips on eVisa paper because the occupation on eVisa is totally opposite than my Residence Profession. Does anyone else face the same or related situation ??

Yes I'm having same problem while applying for e visa, as my profession, doctor, is not mentioned there, any one can help in this regard, what to do???

Dr. Nishat wrote:

Yes I'm having same problem while applying for e visa, as my profession, doctor, is not mentioned there, any one can help in this regard, what to do???

Make sure you set Sponsor Type in GCC Country to Establishment. You'll see MEDICAL DOCTOR in the profession list then.

Hi all, I have a query regarding  e-visa Dubai, when I filled  the application ,there was no column regarding accompany members, but when I got the PDF file on email, it is showing no-accompany. I need to travel with my family so is that be a problem?
Secondly, I applied for visa application now & have to travel in January, does the visa expires till that time??  What to do now ,if I already forwarded the application?
Can someone help in this regard?
Thanks!

Dr. Nishat wrote:

Hi all, I have a query regarding  e-visa Dubai, when I filled  the application ,there was no column regarding accompany members, but when I got the PDF file on email, it is showing no-accompany. I need to travel with my family so is that be a problem?
Secondly, I applied for visa application now & have to travel in January, does the visa expires till that time??  What to do now ,if I already forwarded the application?
Can someone help in this regard?
Thanks!

You have to fill applications for each of your family members.
The visa is valid for travel in 30 days from the date of issue. If exceeded, the visa will expire and you'll need to apply again.

Thanks for your reply! So It means that I have more than one month in traveling so if the visa is issued now it will surely expire before travel. So is there any way to delay visa process after processing application, they are not considering arrival date, before issuing visa. They sent me email to reload documents as not clear, should I delay in uploading or contact them to delay visa process so it will not expire before travel, will it work?

it's 10 hours by car !!!!!

Dr. Nishat wrote:

Thanks for your reply! So It means that I have more than one month in traveling so if the visa is issued now it will surely expire before travel. So is there any way to delay visa process after processing application, they are not considering arrival date, before issuing visa. They sent me email to reload documents as not clear, should I delay in uploading or contact them to delay visa process so it will not expire before travel, will it work?

Simply delay uploading clear documents,

😄

Dears, 

I  am  planning  to  go  to  Dubai  after  my  Final  Exit  Visa  issuance  and  I  plan  to  drive  my  car (no  more  outstanding  payment  for  car;  fully  paid  when  I  transfer  the  car  from  Dubai  5 years  ago). 

I  plan  not  to  return  to  KSA  after  the  Final  Exit  and  plan  to  sell  away  the  car  in  Dubai. 

My  Questions:

1) I  need  to  cancel  the  Car  Registration  before  they  can  issue  my  Final  Exit  Visa.  Can  I  convert  the  Car  License  Plate  to  Export  License  Plate? 

2) Do  I  need  a  Letter  from  Muroor  for  my  intention  to  Export  the  car  to  Dubai? 

3) At  the  KSA  Immigration  Border,  will  they  allow  me  to  go  for  my  Final  Exit  together  with  the  family  and  surrender  our  Iqama  at  the  Immigration  Counter  at  the  Border? 

Thank  you  in  advance  for  your  response.

Hi, can you tell me about authorization letter which is valid for how many days/months. Is there separate letter for every visit/country or we can use one letter for one or more other countries. I have plan to visit dubai n bahrain at coming eid leave. My car is in finance under NCB. Anyone can suggest me please..

Thanks..
Hani

Hi.. can anyone tell me about tafweed validity period and how many times we can use to cross border for the same country or any other GCC countries..

Thanks..

Can we drive easily in Dubai with our Saudi Liecense or do we have to fulfill some requirements?

Yes, no need to fill out any other document. Just drive. Don't forget to buy the SALIK from any of the OneStopShop located beside the petrol station. SALIK is an etag which will deduct the toll whenever you cross any etag highway. And it's a 4 AED per visit. If you didn't, you may be charged additional penalties upon leaving the country! Best luck

You can use your Authorization for a month and that will cost a 100 Riyal which you will pay with the up coming installment. You'd have to pay 450 for the insurance to Tawuniya and 150 AED on the UAE border again for the Insurance. You can visit UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar with this category's Authorization (tadweed).

I mentioned in reply to someone else about the SALIK, so same applies to you. Don't forget to buy a SALIK.

Thank You!

Hi there! My visa came from a travel agency in Dubai and planning to visit dubai by car. The profession from the visa is sales executive but in my resident permit it's communication technician.  Is this acceptable in the border?

Closed