Riyadh to Dubai

sethji wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to travel soon from Riyadh to Dubai.
My car is on my name but on finance basis, does KSA & UAE except my car to enter uae if yes what are the formalities. kindly suggest me ASAP. Thank you all.

Check the ownership card (Istamara) for what name it bears. It must be a bank or a leasing company. You need to visit them to get an authorization letter (called tafweed) to take the car abroad. Once you get it, you can travel to the border as MYRK said above.

ANYONE INTERISTED IN DRIVING TO DUBAI TOMORROW? I NEED TO GET THERE FOR THE WEEKEND, AND ALL EMIRATES FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED SOLID. (I FLY FOR FREE ON EMIRATES, AND DONT WANT TO SHELL OUT 500USD IF I DONT HAVE TO. IF SO, IM ME, OR TEXT 0535299606.
JIM

TheLegendLeads wrote:
sethji wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to travel soon from Riyadh to Dubai.
My car is on my name but on finance basis, does KSA & UAE except my car to enter uae if yes what are the formalities. kindly suggest me ASAP. Thank you all.

Check the ownership card (Istamara) for what name it bears. It must be a bank or a leasing company. You need to visit them to get an authorization letter (called tafweed) to take the car abroad. Once you get it, you can travel to the border as MYRK said above.

As for details go to your bank get the letter and proceed to chamebr of commerce. then you have to go to traffic section for special green paper. Without this don't think about goin...coz they are going to send you back.

Hi,
Thank you all for such a valuable information.  I do have all the necessary papers including exit entry visas for every one, however six year old  daughter's passport expiry date is less than six months.

Is it ok to travel with this passport or renewal is advisable before crossing the border?
Many thanks

Toxik

Toxik wrote:

Hi,
Thank you all for such a valuable information.  I do have all the necessary papers including exit entry visas for every one, however six year old  daughter's passport expiry date is less than six months.

Is it ok to travel with this passport or renewal is advisable before crossing the border?
Many thanks

Toxik

If its less than 6 months, officially UAE immigration has full rights to refuse your daughters entry.
It is a general rule that to get visa you need 6 months validity of passport. My suggestion would be to wait and get her passport renewed.

pkmusd wrote:

"If its less than 6 months, officially UAE immigration has full rights to refuse your daughters entry.
It is a general rule that to get visa you need 6 months validity of passport. My suggestion would be to wait and get her passport renewed.

Thanks pkmusd for the quick response.

Just for future reference, here is a link to the timactic for requirements on entering the UAE for citizens of Pakistan.

https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_ … er=SKYWEB1

houstonian wrote:

Just for future reference, here is a link to the timactic for requirements on entering the UAE for citizens of Pakistan.

https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_ … er=SKYWEB1

thanks for sharing useful piece of information.
Just to clarify this requirement of 6 months validity I am sure is standard for all nationalities. correct me if I'm wrong.

pkmusd wrote:
Toxik wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks

Toxik

If its less than 6 months, officially UAE immigration has full rights to refuse your daughters entry.

Though it's better to renew daughter's passport, I'm quoting from the link @houstonian has just shared:

- at least 3 months from the date of entry, for visits of up
  to 3 months;
or
  - at least 6 months from the date of entry, for visits
  exceeding 3 months."

Thank you all, for quick and informative responses. I have applied for renewal today. I hope I can still get the passport on time to do this trip, otherwise wait for next vacations after few months.

Any suggestion to spend some good driving time and cold weather in the kingdom?

Regards

I just completed my second road-trip last week to Abu-Dhabi/Dubai from Riyadh.

Lessons Learned (Best Route; Safety & Ease vis-a-vis road quality and lesser traffic):

1. From exit 8 at east ring road in Riyadh; drive ~100 kms towards Dammam and then take an exit

towards right for "Muntaza S'aad" (Saad Park otherwise), after about 10 kms on this new road; follow

this road towards 'Khurais/Khries/Khurayis'; the town/city.

2. When you reach Khurais, start following boards for Ahsa/Hafouf/Qatar/UAE/Emirates.

3. Once you reach Hafouf/Ahsa (Ahsa is a city in Hafouf Area), start following road signs for

Qatar/Emirates/UAE so that you don't end up in Ahsa city but successfully end up taking a by-pass for Ahsa city and can maintain speed towards UAE.

4. Then you will reach Qatar's border area, again you will start following signs for UAE/Emirates/Ghiefwat/Salwa/Sila/Batha etc.('Salwa' is Saudi part of the border land area, whereas

'Sila' is on the other side of the border are in UAE, Gheifwat is also Emirates part of the land on border area between Saudi/UAE).

5. When you have finally managed to reach Saudi/UAE border, then don't forget to fill up your gas

tank with fantastically cheaper gas from Saudi gas stations, i.e. 2 stations just before border posts within 5 km distance. After going through border protocols/formalities, look for the first ADNOC gas station on right hand side at about ~200+ Kms insider UAE, with decent toilets/convenient store. Fill up your gas tank here, for sure.

This route from Riyadh via Khurais-->Hafouf->Sawla (UAE Border) is about:

A. Starting point is Riyadh (From Exit 8 on East Ring Road near Gharnatta Mall) towards --> Hafouf

via Khurais (the small town/city) = ~300 Kms.

B. Hafouf --> UAE Border Post (SILA/Batha/SALWA) = 220 Kms, totalling ~520 Kms.

C. UAE Border to Abu Dhabi's first exit's distance on E11 is ~390 Kms.

Total Distance from  Riyadh to Abu Dhabi is ~910 Kms + another 120 Km to Dubai.

Since you're going on this route, therefore you can maintain 140 Km/Hr speeds at comfortable ease, which yields 6.5 hrs of drive time (without breaks/pit-stops) which you can extend up to 7 hrs of drive time if you're maintain 125 Kms/Hr plus the break times. These speeds are best suitable for large sized sedan with 2.4 litre or V6 engine. There are no speed cameras till UAE border after you exit Dammam highway for Khreis/Hafouf after about 100 km.

Rule of thumb is to take mandatory breaks after every 1.5 hrs for not more than 10 minutes for a quick stretching of limbs/muscles and for a quick cup of coffee/tea or refilling your tank, especially if you're a lone driver.

Always keep your eyes wide open for any camels passing by and try avoiding 'tunnel vision syndrome' on such drives by focusing at nearer and farther objects frequently. This is the reason why people fail to spot camels crossing the roads during broad day lights!

Best time to leave Riyadh or hitting the road is at ~5:00 AM maximum, especially in summers so your engine and tires are exposed much lesser to extreme climate conditions during summers. Additionally, another important benefit of leaving early is to avoid traffic so you can leave Riyadh in ~10 minutes time without getting stuck in traffic for 30-45 minutes just to get out of city's traffic, eventually costing you precious driving stamina and loss of momentum.

PS. Visualize this route on maps.google.com or take a printout of this route from maps.google.com to avoid any confusion during the trip.

harooon wrote:

I just completed my second road-trip last week to Abu-Dhabi/Dubai from Riyadh.

Lessons Learned (Best Route; Safety & Ease vis-a-vis road quality and lesser traffic):

1. From exit 8 at east ring road in Riyadh; drive ~100 kms towards Dammam and then take an exit

towards right for "Muntaza S'aad" (Saad Park otherwise), after about 10 kms on this new road; follow

this road towards 'Khurais/Khries/Khurayis'; the town/city.

2. When you reach Khurais, start following boards for Ahsa/Hafouf/Qatar/UAE/Emirates.

3. Once you reach Hafouf/Ahsa (Ahsa is a city in Hafouf Area), start following road signs for

Qatar/Emirates/UAE so that you don't end up in Ahsa city but successfully end up taking a by-pass for Ahsa city and can maintain speed towards UAE.

4. Then you will reach Qatar's border area, again you will start following signs for UAE/Emirates/Ghiefwat/Salwa/Sila/Batha etc.('Salwa' is Saudi part of the border land area, whereas

'Sila' is on the other side of the border are in UAE, Gheifwat is also Emirates part of the land on border area between Saudi/UAE).

5. When you have finally managed to reach Saudi/UAE border, then don't forget to fill up your gas

tank with fantastically cheaper gas from Saudi gas stations, i.e. 2 stations just before border

posts within 5 kms distance. After going through border protocols/formalities, look for the first ADNOC gas station on right hand side at about ~200+ Kms insider UAE, with decent toilets/convenient store. Fill up your gas tank here, for sure.

This route from Riyadh via Khurais-->Hafouf->Sawla (UAE Border) is about:

A. Starting point is Riyadh (From Exit 8 on East Ring Road near Gharnatta Mall) towards --> Hafouf

via Khurais (the small town/city) = ~300 Kms.

B. Hafouf --> UAE Border Post (SILA/Batha/SALWA) = 220 Kms, totalling ~520 Kms.

C. UAE Border to Abu Dhabi's first exit's distance on E11 is ~390 Kms.

Total Distance from  Riyadh to Abu Dhabi is ~910 Kms + another 120 Km to Dubai.

Since you're going on this route, therefore you can maintain 140 Km/Hr speeds at comfortable ease, which yields 6.5 hrs of drive time (without breaks/pit-stops) which you can extend up to 7 hrs of drive time if you're maintain 125 Kms/Hr plus the break times. These speeds are best suitable for large sized sedan with 2.4 litre or V6 engine. There are no speed cameras till UAE border after you exit Dammam highway for Khreis/Hafouf after about 100 km.

Rule of thumb is to take mandatory breaks after every 1.5 hrs for not more than 10 minutes for a quick stretching of limbs/muscles and for a quick cup of coffee/tea or refilling your tank, especially if you're a lone driver.

Always keep your eyes wide open for any camels passing by and try avoiding 'tunnel vision syndrome' on such drives by focusing at nearer and farther objects frequently. This is the reason why people fail to spot camels crossing the roads during broad day lights!

Best time to leave Riyadh or hitting the road is at ~5:00 AM maximum, especially in summers so your engine and tires are exposed much lesser to extreme climate conditions during summers. Additionally, another important benefit of leaving early is to avoid traffic so you can leave Riyadh in ~10 minutes time without getting stuck in traffic for 30-45 minutes just to get out of city's traffic, eventually costing you precious driving stamina and loss of momentum.

Excellent post buddy, really appreciate the handwork you've put in. We need people like you to make EB even more useful.

I need your help on driving through from Dubai to Hofuf. My brother lived in Hofuf and I want to see him.

I need your help on the following:

1) How much time it will take to drive from Dubai to Hofuf?

2) I will follow Garmin GPS. Will it be helpful?

3) Is it safe to drive in Saudi Arabia?

4) I will be travelling on business visa (Al Naghi Group) & Normally the office is in Jeddah so will I face any problem in Saudi Immigration.

Thanks,

Irfan

Dear Irfan, I returned from Dubai this month and would be happy to answer your question.

1) How much time it will take to drive from Dubai to Hofuf?

1. Depending on the speed and your midway breaks, it should take around 7 to 8 hours on moderate speed and one break.

2) I will follow Garmin GPS. Will it be helpful?

GPS is helpful but you must look at the signs as well. While coming from Dubai, I missed one turn that cost me 20 more minutes :)

3) Is it safe to drive in Saudi Arabia?

it is quite safe. If you are coming with family, you may consider enjoying a clean beach after 200 KM from Border. Hafuf is hardly 150 KM after that.

4) I will be travelling on business visa (Al Naghi Group) & Normally the office is in Jeddah so will I face any problem in Saudi Immigration.
That is the most difficult part of question. you must check with embassy before you travel.

Happy journey.

Hey All,

I have traveled twice to UAE by road from Dammam its just 8 hours Drive and the road after K.S.A border is way too good except for speeding cams..i drove Non-Stop and its not hectic either..its closer than when compared to driving to Jeddah Non-Stop which i also did couple of times now.Now i have a question which someone might just help me out with....I have a valid Isterma however my insurance is expired and i don't want to renew it as i will have to do Fahas (Car Test) and then go get the insurance,reason being i have to spend like 2,000 Sr getting it repainted lol... So i just want to avoid that..So Guys can i enter UAE without a insurance from K.S.A, will K.S.A Border Police stop me ..please remember that my Istemara is Valid.

Appreciate all you guys if u can help me on this.

Hi, I am planning to visit Dubai by road from Riyadh in the coming Eid Holidays,
please let me know if anyone have made similar plans since its my first time.

Thanks

I am traveling this Eid,however i will be moving from Dammam..are you going alone or with your family??

Hi All,

I have now completed 2 successful trip from Riyadh-Dubai so have plenty of knowledge, milestones, maps etc. If anyone needs any information please send me an email coz i hate type long threads:)

Regards
Yasser

Hello MYRK.

Perhaps can you share these informations with us on the Forum. It might help the other members.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi,

Will be with my family.

Hi MYRK.

Agree with Karen. if you could share your experience and tips in the forum.

karen1604 wrote:

Hello MYRK.

Perhaps can you share these informations with us on the Forum. It might help the other members.

Thanks

Karen :)

All should be well aware that there are zero (clean or workable) toilet facilities for families once you leave Riyadh until you cross the border into the UAE.
I have done this trip several times but always alone, without family. These days I drive from Doha, Qatar via Saudi to Dubai each month.
The only way you can get enough information about it is to sit in your car and do it. If one continually needs advice about it then take a flight.

here is a link for google maps that shows the new road

https://maps.google.com.sa/maps?ie=UTF- … AA&safe=on

Thanks and really informative I am visiting dubai by sampco in august 7 2013
Regards
[email protected]

Hi,

I am planning to drive to Dubai during the 2013 Ramadan break. Read the posts, they are very informative. Great work & thanks to all those who have posted. I wanted the following info

1.Can anyone let me know if the route via Kharj is now dual carriage or is it still a single road for both traffic directions?

2.Also is it Ok to drive on this around evening time 1-2 hour into sunset.

3.Location of petrol station on the Kharj route.\

thanks a lot in advance.

Drove twice to UAE from Dammam ...I really don't know the way from Kharj cause i stay in damm and always take the road from Hassa..which is a very neat,clean perfect road...regarding night driving there is no problem at all however you tend to see only Heavy vehicles and very few saloon cars, so don't fall asleep..From Dammam its like only 3 hours driver however after the border crossing you gotta go a long way pal 7 hours drive..before the border crossing do fill up your tank as once you get into UAE Gas is way to expensive.

Drive safe, i will be traveling by road to.. just waiting for my iqama to get renewed which i hope happens this week.

Hope you drive safe cause traveling from Riyadh can be hectic..I to am traveling with my family hope we bump into each other at the immigration.

i heard that in order to leave saudia, we need 6months remaining on our passports AND iqamahs.

is this correct?

SaudiUK wrote:

Directions to Dubai/Abu Dhabi (UAE) from Riyadh

Follow signs for KHARJ from Riyadh (Ring road/King Fahad Highway).

Continue driving to KHARJ until you reach KHRAJ town.

Watch out for a big water tower on the left.

At the next set of traffic lights (Al Rajhi Bank on left) turn left towards Harad.

Go straight (roundabouts) and follow the sign for Harad & Batha (KSA-UAE Border)

Petrol Stations to Boarder - Approx 110, 178, 350 and 420 KM.

Check point (Harad) – approx 270KM

Total Distance from Riyadh to Batha (KSA-UAE Border) approx 560KM.

Saudi Border (Batha) Check points

1st Check point handover Drivers Passport, Estimara, likely question - how many passengers?
The officer must return a ‘car paper' listing car registration details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point handover All Passports & Car paper (Exit Stamp)

3rd Check point inspection car paper and passports – now drive towards UAE border

UAE Border (Al Ghewfiat) Check points

1st Check point park your car and take all passports to get UAE Visas & take the car paper with you for stamping.

1b. it's quite possible that you/adult will be asked for retina scan.

2nd Check point all documents checked - car paper/estimara/all passports.

3rd Check point UAE Customs drive through the scanners, don't go into the last lane (ensure car paper stamped)

Drive out & park your car left side, get out of car & get compulsory third-party insurance. (SAR100)

4th Check point - checks all passports and give car paper away.

Abu Dahbi is only 360 KM and Dubai is 480 KM from Al Ghewfiat Border.

Follow signs for Abu Dahbi (E11 ) and when you get closer to Abu Dahbi you will see the sign for Dubai.

Most petrol stations are modern in UAE (decent ADNOC service station is 125 KM from the Border -left side).

Return journey to Saudi

From Dubai follow signs for Abu Dhabi - E11 Sheikh Ziad Road (motorway). Petrol is expensive in UAE so fill
your car with enough petrol to get you to Saudi border.

ON E11 Sheikh Ziad Road look for sign Al Ghewfiat - don't miss this., its approx 60-70 KM from Dubai
If you miss the sign then look for Al Tarif or Sila or Al Sila (Border Town)

Last ADNOC service station is 353 KM from Dubai (125km from UAE border) – last chance to use a decent washroom.

UAE Border Check points

1st Check point present Estimara- The officer returns ‘car paper' listing car details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point Park the car and go to visa office (building) on your left (family can stay in the car)
a. Visit any serving counter to get exit stamp & pay 35 Dirham per passport (exact amount – Dirham only)
b. Ensure all passports including the car paper stamped
Saudi Border Check points
1st Check point show passports/car paper (Exit-Reentry Stamp)
2nd Check point Saudi customs check, park the car and get the luggage checked and get the car paper stamped

3rd Check point drive through as this window for visitors seeking Saudi insurance,

4th Check point just hand over the car paper to the official
if you want to travel via Kharj, look for signs to Riyadh/HARAD after the 2nd petrol station on your right,
otherwise stay on the road and follow the sign for Hafof.

Riyadh is 560KM from Border via Kharj and approx 625KM via Hafof/Al-AHSA.

Please drive carefully and watch out for sand dunes and camels, specially if traveling via KHARJ

Awesome, SaudiUK just gave the whole itinerary to drive frm Riyadh to Dubai,
Last March (2013), me and family drove to Dubai,

We, three brothers have KSA driving license, so we shared the driving experience and let dad and mom, have a nice rest in the back

Suggestions would be:
1. Get a SUV, its more comfortable for long trips, than being cramped up in Sedans.
2. Have a GPS system - app in Mobile/tabs/iPads would do great, Navigation App by Google,Google Maps, TomTom

Google Maps is the best, and most accurate we used, it helped us  to cross intersections, tolls, gates, border, and big help is guiding us around Dubai as well. [set reasonable destinations - like batha border, kharj road, etc etc..]

They work without Internet Packs, but with the pack you can b more accurate and sure to not get lost.

3. Have a good multimedia system to watch videos, songs... We had movies with us, it helped us enjoy the drive, as well not doze off.

4. Lastly, leave early morning, say around, 3-4 am ,that way you will reach by evening. (really helps to keep you awake, and avoid the trucks which drive really rash in the night specially once you cross city limits)

5. Yep, and fill your petrol, from Riyadh full tank at every stop, cz Petrol in UAE is way too expensive.

Enjoy your drive!:cheers::D:D:D

Princess MA wrote:

i heard that in order to leave saudia, we need 6months remaining on our passports AND iqamahs.

is this correct?

Six months on passport. However, they agree on 3-6 months if your stay is not long (say a month).

Iqama can be valid for lesser duration.

Hello.. I am new here.. Please guide me..

thanks

VideoEditor wrote:

thanks

Read THIS post  from page#1 and you'll know almost everything you need to know.

VideoEditor wrote:

thanks

I'll guide you right out the door if you're going to be helpless! As TLL said above, read this thread and you'll know everything you wanted to know (and MORE lol) about a trip from Riyadh to Dubai

My profession is Accountant.  I will be travelling with my family by road. Will they grant me visa on arrival? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Hi,
Requesting for your help friends.
I am going to Riyadh from India on tourist/business Visa and then want to go to Dubai by road. My queries are:
1) Can I drive a car in Riyadh and around if I have international license issued from India?
If answer is yes, then following questions are valid, :)
1) Can I hire a Car and drive to Dubai and comeback to Riyadh?
2) Do I need to get Dubai visa from India only or can I get it at the check post?
Thanks a lot in advance.

~Hiren

-- You can drive rental car in Riyadh but can't go to Dubai in it. Rental cars are not allowed to leave Saudi.

-- You can't get visa at check post as you aren't a Saudi resident, you'll need to bring it from your country.

Thanks a lot Harooon..!

a wanna go

Hey can someone help
Wat is the procedure to get back into saudi arabia if the tawfeed letter (authorisation letter) date has expired for your car by which you had traveled to any neighbouring country in gcc
To be specific dubai

saad6190 wrote:

a wanna go

Whn r u going

Closed