Customer care in Belgium

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Belgium and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Belgium?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Belgium?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

While it is not 100% of the times - Belgium is really a country with a NON customer-service culture. Don't expect people to be friendly, quick and ready to help you. As the people servicing you do not get a commission or bonus for giving you better service, don't expect them to go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. And that goes for anything: restaurants, shops, customer-service numbers, mail/couriers, servicing companies (internet, phone, gas, etc, etc). Start off with a smile and see if you are good from there-on! :)

Hi everyone!!!
Well,I can't give a general answer .There are places where you feel welcome and some places not.But most of them are gently.I smile and a good advice it doesn't cost nothing,makes people welcome.☺
They should do it more.

Places catering to tourists in Antwerp or Brussels will usually provide American type of customer service: friendly and easy going without judgement. All other places , it is a mixed bag. Let's just say that thanks to Belgians now I have an idea how black people feel in US when they r subjected to habitual racism and xenophobia. BTW, I am white European, medical doctor from USA and has never been discriminated or looked at with suspicion in my entire life, until I came to Belgium...

I find customer service fine. Often I enter a store get a hello or something along those lines. Not as often I am looking I get asked if I need help. However if I need help it is easy to find someone willing. Even had a guy in a store bring me what I was looking for as I had the buggy and brought me 3 options. So I have no problems. However this is someone who is from europe and who dosnt like the american cusotmer service culture. I often find it very patronising and fake and hounded. So I guess it depends a little on what you are used to.