How to get CPR

Hello Friends,

I am really in need of looking out for help.

I received the Type D Visa stamped on my passport. And now I am still figuring out how can I proceed with getting the CPR.
It would be great of anyone can guide me with the steps for getting the CPR.
I goggled many websites showing that I have to travel to Denmark and apply for the CPR at the mentioned centers with the documents.
I have all the documents except for the residence proof. From where can I get the residence proof and how much time generally it takes to get the CPR after applying for the same.
As I am working and can take utmost a leave for 15 days to travel to Denmark. So please guide me with your suggestions.

You shall have a permanent address to be entitled to a cpr-number. Your permanent address doesn't have to be an apartment. A room will do, but please note that a room at a hostel, a hotel, a camping place will not do for this purpose.

When you have found a housing, you and your landlord will sign a contract. This contract will do for a cpr.number.

That means that you cannot fix it during a vacation in Denmark, but have to wait until you have arrived permanently.

Normally, you'll have the cpr.number within the first three weeks.

/Nellie

Thank you for your prompt reply.
So after arriving in Denmark, and renting a house when can I apply for the CPR like 1 month or 3 month or 6 month?
Is there a way of getting the renting agreement on short term as I am working and could not able to spend more then 15 days.

I am not sure that I understand your need for a cpr.number? You talk about 15 days, but then you don't need a cpr.number, nor will be entitled to one.

A cpr.number only gives sense if you live in Denmark. It doesn't give any rights in itself. It is just an identification number for the authorities.

So sorry.. I don't meant to confuse you.
I applied for the Denmark PR and it got approved. Now currently I am working with an organisation on contract which will finish on Feb 2017. After that only I can think over applying for the job.
But the PR will expire in next 6 months if I do not get the CPR. And for getting the CPR I want to have the rental agreement proof say 3 months old. So I was looking out for help on renting agreement proof. I will get the leave of maximum 15 days from my office so it is not possible for me to go ahead with 3 months... So just checking if there is any way I can proceed.

Still confused ......, but I think I understand so much that I will say this isn't the way forward.

You have to come within the 6 months or give up the idea of coming here. And for my own account, I would add that I would give up the idea of coming here if we are talking GC.

It isn't easy to find a job, and further, you'll have to meet the income requirements. I don't think this will be realistic.

/Nellie