CPR Registration Process and Timeline

Hello Fellow Expats and Danes !

Greetings.

I have received the Work Permit cum residence under the Green Card Scheme, i have a couple of quick questions and would appreciate if you could help me with the answers.

1. For a CPR registration, do i need to rented house with an agreement, so that i can register my self in the Civil registration system, or can i do that during a 15 day visit to Denmark, if i put up in a hostel. ( i am assuming i would need a rented house..)

2. How much time ( in Days) does it take for one to receive the CPR, number. After Landing in Denmark.

3. I am a bit contemplating on leaving my stable job and moving to Denmark. Is there a job site for searching jobs for Skilled Business Analysts ?

4. I would also love to hear about your ( expats) experiences for searching a job etc.

You can also mail me at [email protected] to provide me with more info.
Thanks again. I appreciate your help. You ROck !

Cheers
Swamii

You need a permanent address to register. Once you have a job offer you go to Statsforvaltning to get your residency permit. Once you have that you take the permit to you local Borgerservice to register for the CPR number. From the day you go to Statsforvaltning when you have a job offer you can expect to be fully registered and have your CPR card within 2 - 3 weeks.

Thank You Hygge Time. I appreciate you effort and the simplicity, in which you outlined it.

Cheers

www. workindenmark.dk good websites if you look for job for english speaker in denmark and jobnet.dk denmark goverment site for job seeker but not too much for english speaker. good luck for you. I am still searching too and no luck so far due to my lack of danish language.

Hi swamii :)

You can also post a free advert in the jobs section of Denmark classifieds describing your profile and experiences.

I wish you good luck
Armand

It's been over 15 days of my arrival to Denmark but I still in search of a room to register my CPR.Can anyone help me?