Job Search in Canada

Hi everybody ... now I got back to share with you a very important experience about Job Search in Canada.

Job Search in Canada is not as easy as it seems, I'm sure everybody heard about how hard is to find a job in Canada. Indeed it's different from industry to industry, for me as IT Project Manager, the IT industry is good in Canada and there are lots of opportunity, however the competition is tough.

Because I have a very good experience in job search, resume writing , and interview skills; I could find a job in my profession after 2 months and 20 days of landing! That was a blessing from God actually.

Read more on my blog: www.immigrationexpertise.com

Cheers,
Nabil

wonderful and say you are lucky.
i know a guy, landed immigrant, that is permanent resident. He had two job and last on left in Oct 2011. and is out of job since.
Are there less opportunities for accounts people.

regards
zarab

Hi shilpa.arya,

This thread is dated 2008. I hope you get a reply :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Nabil
Im frenchspeaking im learning English to move to Missisauga, how about working there comparately of the rest canadian towns

Hamid     
Montreal

Hello Hamid -> As Maximilien said, this thread is dated 2008. I invite you to start a new thread on the Mississauga forum with your question. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I have on a number of different occasions posted the following information about finding employment in Canada, looks like people just aren't reading other posts to find out information that's already there if you look.

FINDING JOBS IN CANADA IS NOT AT ALL EASY FOR FOREIGNERS.

Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are the top 3 destinations for newcomers to Canada to settle in. It is exactly for this reason that finding employment anywhere near these cities is more difficult than any other parts of Canada. Ever since the sub-prime crisis in the USA the Canadian economy and employment situation has suffered greatly. So in these cities you will not only be competing with all the other newcomers to Canada for every job vacancy, but also with thousands of unemployed Canadian applicants too. In Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia there are more people in the labor market than there are available jobs. Also these cities have almost reached the point of saturation with newcomers. Everybody who comes to Canada can't expect to all live in the same place, it's just not possible and it is not reasonable to expect this.

Other cities are much better for finding employment. The Province of Alberta, for example, is undergoing one of its greatest periods of economic growth ever. In Edmonton and Calgary there are more jobs available than there are people to fill them. This is true right across the entire spectrum of professions, skilled work, semi-skilled and unskilled work; jobs are available in all of these.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team