Moving To Malta.. Any help apprectiated

Hi All,

Myself and my best mate are moving over to Malta mid July fulltime from Ireland. We are both in our early thirties and  felt the change of scenery would suit us. We have vast expierence in both Sales and Customer service and are both currently working as New Business Sales Team Leads for over three years in Insurance.

If possible I would like to hear from other expats that were in same boat and how they found the change. Is it easy to get work in the job areas mentioned above and what would I expect the slary to be like against cost of living..in other other words would we be able to live decent life on the slary over in Malta allowing us to go few drinks at weekend and save etc?

Would would people recommend to live that has a good young social feel and nightlife along with nice areas to live. We would have budget of €700-1000 and in general is there a good social scene in these areas.

I look ofrward to hearing back from you all :)

Barry

Hello Barry and welcome on board Expat.com

I invite you to check out threads from the different categories of the forum to gather infos about life in Malta.

This thread may prove helpful : Cost of living in Malta

Our Living in Malta Guide may also bring a lot of information

All the best :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

One pittfall to be avoided, is the advise given to me by an estate agent to fraudulently claim that you have never owned a property in the UK, to try and get the benefit of the "first time buyers tax exemeption". Apart from being morally reprehensible, as well as illegal, if caught you get financially hammered. As you will have to disclose the source of your money under anti-money laundering rules, the chances of getting away with it would be less than brilliant, although the agent who proposed this told me that Malta can not directly check with the UK.
Remember we are guests in Malta and should treat the country with respect, although the beurocracy can be a little trying, to say the least.

The best advice is do not buy at all !   RENT!

Ray

Not having bottomless funds, in the long term, buying looks a better option, as rents are going through the roof. at a personallevel, i have never been comfortable in someone elses property, altghough i recognise that this is a personal issue, as well as an economic one.
Returning to pracrical issues, i have just returned form the Evans Building in Valletta, after trying to get a residence permit as a retired old groat on UK pensions. I had previously been led to believe that health benefits could be provided under reciprocal arrangements with the UK. I have now been told that i must have a private health insurance policy. most companies refuse to cover anyone over age 60, while others try to bleed you dry. I did find one company offering insurance for people of my wife and mine age group for around 1,000 euros the pair, rather than well in excess of 2,000 euros the pair per year. for others in this position, try Laferla, as they offer cover percifically designed to cover residence requirements without bells and whistles super-charges.

Not sure why this thread has got into a buy vs rent debate unless I'm missing something?

Barry, I am moving to Malta with my husband next week and have been researching the island for months now. We're in our thirties, no kids, we still like to go out now and then but didn't want to live somewhere lively. We're happy to be not too far away but not right in the thick of things. So I prob have a list of areas to avoid living in that you may actually be interested in! 😁

Anyway, I haven't personally experienced living there yet, but this is what I've read and been told my other people. If anyone reading who actually lives there thinks I've picked this up wrong, I won't be offended if you correct me!

Paceville seems to be the most lively area for nightlife. Sliema and St Julians also have a good social scene, maybe slightly more grown up?! Lots of people who work in gaming seem to live in Sliema/St Julians as many of the offices are there. Might be a good base for you if you can afford it -rents have apparently been increasing, someone said on another topic today to expect to pay €1000 plus for a two bed. Gzira is close by and cheaper, but I think there are good and bad bits to stay in that area.

I was speaking to someone at my new job who moved over from Ireland a couple of years back. She lives in Mellieha and had found a sociable bunch of Irish expats living there which she liked, also accommodation is cheaper. But I think Mellieha is generally more family orientated and is a further commute to many of the offices.

Workwise, previous posts will tell to that salaries in gaming and financial services customer service will pay more than Malta averages. Still lower than UK, but with lower tax and cheaper pints, I'm sure you'd be able to afford a drink or three after work!

I've been following a blog from a girl who moved over a few years ago. She is in her 20s and works in gaming I think. She has answered a few questions by email for me, seems really helpful. By the look of her blog and Facebook page she has a decent handle on the social scene so might be able to offer some tips.

http://movingonupaway.com/

Good luck!

Thank you so much for responding in great detail and some very good points..haha..i had no idea why my post went so far off topic but you helped bring it back on subject!..I will check out your link and best of luck in meantime with move!..Thanks Again Barry

felinefine81 wrote:

Not sure why this thread has got into a buy vs rent debate unless I'm missing something?

It hasn't!
The 2 (only) comments were at least as relevant to the OP (who asked about the cost of housing) as someone who has not lived here suggesting places not to live!

Ray

I dont think the previous posts were answering the questions the OP actually asked!

So if you don't live there you can't research places or pass on advice you've been given by people who do? Have I said anything incorrect?!

I have been totally upfront that I don't live there yet, but I have gone through the same planning stage so I feel I have something to contribute.

Just trying to give something back for all the help I have received.

Vagrant wrote:

Returning to pracrical issues, i have just returned form the Evans Building in Valletta, after trying to get a residence permit as a retired old groat on UK pensions. I had previously been led to believe that health benefits could be provided under reciprocal arrangements with the UK. I have now been told that i must have a private health insurance policy. most companies refuse to cover anyone over age 60, while others try to bleed you dry. I did find one company offering insurance for people of my wife and mine age group for around 1,000 euros the pair, rather than well in excess of 2,000 euros the pair per year. for others in this position, try Laferla, as they offer cover percifically designed to cover residence requirements without bells and whistles super-charges.

You have been misinformed!
Whatever your age, as long as you are a UK citizen and have paid NI in the UK you are entitled to health cover via the RHA sufficient for the eResidence application and day to day health cover. You go to St Luke's hospital not the Evans building. They will give you a temporary certificate and change it for a full one when you get your eResidence. The info is in the Sticky at the top of the page.
If in receipt of state pension you can contact the UK government for an SI form which will give you full cover but takes longer to get, so do RHA first.

A bit off topic, but hope it helps.     :joking:

Ray

Hi Barry, and his best friend,

We are in the same boat buddy, i'm moving to Malta in few days... brrr kinda scared, cause I'm going all by myself. If you guys would like to go watch a rugby match (you are Irish, so i assume you may like rugby also), let me know. It's the only insider info i can provide :-D

Safe traveling!

Katerina

I hope to move to Malta in the next 18months but am going to retire but would like to find out how to join in the social life of Malta.

Good Luck

Graham

There is a British Reidents' Assosciation, which provides social events and advice on a number of issues.
As you are retiring, you will probably have to register under Malta's self sufficiency rules to get an ID card within 90 days. You will needto provide evidence of self sufficiency ... evidence of pension (my bank statement provided this), passport, 6 month rental contract/ purchase agreement and evidence of health cover. Buying commercial cover obviosly comes at a cost, but you can apply for an S1 certificate by phone see below. My experience was that the clerk at the Evans buliding where you have to apply in Valletta did not know about this and dircted me to buy commercial cover, however I know a friend of the Prime Minister, who has asked him to check this out and report back to him. People tell you anything, so make sure you check ever bit of information for yourself. I have already been sent round in quite a few circles already having been given the wrong forms to fill in and then having to start all over again..le plus ca change......!
S1 forms come for free, but the waiting list to get them sent after the phone call is about 6 weeks at present, so it will pay to ring up sooner rather than later.

If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive a UK State Pension or long-term Incapacity Benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You'll need to apply for a certificate of entitlement also known as an S1 form. If you are living in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland then the form is called E121.
You can apply for your form via the International Pension Centre on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1/E121 form with the relevant authority abroad. Often you need to do this before you can register with a GP surgery or obtain a medical card.
Once you have registered your S1/E121 in the country you are moving to, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access state-funded necessary medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries.
If you get a UK benefit, such as short-term Incapacity Benefit or Maternity Allowance, your healthcare cover is subject to different rules. The period of your cover and application criteria may differ depending on your particular circumstances. For more information, contact the International Pension Centre (IPC) or the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Wow, vagrant, what a help you are, I'm also retired and am intending buying  a place in Malta, I keep looking on the site for advice & help, anything else you come up with, please post it. regards.

Vagrant wrote:

There is a British Reidents' Assosciation, which provides social events and advice on a number of issues.
As you are retiring, you will probably have to register under Malta's self sufficiency rules to get an ID card within 90 days. You will needto provide evidence of self sufficiency ... evidence of pension (my bank statement provided this), passport, 6 month rental contract/ purchase agreement and evidence of health cover. Buying commercial cover obviosly comes at a cost, but you can apply for an S1 certificate by phone see below. My experience was that the clerk at the Evans buliding where you have to apply in Valletta did not know about this and dircted me to buy commercial cover, however I know a friend of the Prime Minister, who has asked him to check this out and report back to him. People tell you anything, so make sure you check ever bit of information for yourself. I have already been sent round in quite a few circles already having been given the wrong forms to fill in and then having to start all over again..le plus ca change......!
S1 forms come for free, but the waiting list to get them sent after the phone call is about 6 weeks at present, so it will pay to ring up sooner rather than later.

If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive a UK State Pension or long-term Incapacity Benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You'll need to apply for a certificate of entitlement also known as an S1 form. If you are living in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland then the form is called E121.
You can apply for your form via the International Pension Centre on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1/E121 form with the relevant authority abroad. Often you need to do this before you can register with a GP surgery or obtain a medical card.
Once you have registered your S1/E121 in the country you are moving to, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access state-funded necessary medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries.
If you get a UK benefit, such as short-term Incapacity Benefit or Maternity Allowance, your healthcare cover is subject to different rules. The period of your cover and application criteria may differ depending on your particular circumstances. For more information, contact the International Pension Centre (IPC) or the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

All of the above is covered in the sticky at the top of the page and in the post I made in reply to your last post on this topic or in the many other posts on the subject. and the links contained in them!

By the way, you do not get an ID card unless you are a Maltese National, you get an eResidence card!

Ray

The forms to down load are:

Form ID 1A
CEA-Form-J (for self sufficient retirees). Non retirees need Form-P.
EU voter registration form.
All can be obtained from the basement of the Evans Building, where they have to be submitted in oerson together with passport and othe documentation already described.
Added compulsory requirement is a shed load of patience and a long fuse. Please leave matches at home for best results.

DerekRP wrote:

Wow, vagrant, what a help you are, I'm also retired and am intending buying  a place in Malta, I keep looking on the site for advice & help, anything else you come up with, please post it. regards.

FIrstly read the stickies at the top of the page and as mentioned on here before you are better off
renting before buying in case you find you do not like area.

Mea culpa re e-residencey card, my terminology slip. Personally, I have been sent round in circles over paper work, with minor minions claiming not to know anything about S1 and in sisting on a private insurance certificate. This has led to rather exasperating hikes in the heat from one end of Valletta and back again. Perhaps more people apply for e-residence under form P, where this does not apply, hence the misinformation that seems to abound on this subject. One of the things that has been brought up is uncertainty after the Brexit refferendum, depite Article 50 not having been launched. I have however been assured that S1 predates the EU and that malta being a commonwealth country
will protect this ongoing arrangement. Every government official that I have raiswed this with so far has fudged the issue and refferred me back to Form J, which I was already holding in my sweaty mit and waving about in the air for all to see, having already been sent up and down stairs in the Evans Building while being misdirected to irrelevent departments before ending up in the right one, for the whole paperchase to start all over again.
The description of formalities that you have previously posted, I have now located. I am reporting on my personal experience with refferrence to the particular which would seem to also apply to this query. In the light of my experience to date, I am trying to get my direct contact to the PM to provide me with an authauritive ruling on the acceptability of S1 under the current situation, as the paper front desk clerks seem to want to play safe and ignore it. Ther appears to be a major gulf between theory and experience on this subject.
I hope this explanation will leave your toes feeling a little less trodden on, as this was not my intention.

Vagrant wrote:

Mea culpa re e-residencey card, my terminology slip. Personally, I have been sent round in circles over paper work, with minor minions claiming not to know anything about S1 and in sisting on a private insurance certificate. This has led to rather exasperating hikes in the heat from one end of Valletta and back again. Perhaps more people apply for e-residence under form P, where this does not apply, hence the misinformation that seems to abound on this subject. One of the things that has been brought up is uncertainty after the Brexit refferendum, depite Article 50 not having been launched. I have however been assured that S1 predates the EU and that malta being a commonwealth country
will protect this ongoing arrangement. Every government official that I have raiswed this with so far has fudged the issue and refferred me back to Form J, which I was already holding in my sweaty mit and waving about in the air for all to see, having already been sent up and down stairs in the Evans Building while being misdirected to irrelevent departments before ending up in the right one, for the whole paperchase to start all over again.
The description of formalities that you have previously posted, I have now located. I am reporting on my personal experience with refferrence to the particular which would seem to also apply to this query. In the light of my experience to date, I am trying to get my direct contact to the PM to provide me with an authauritive ruling on the acceptability of S1 under the current situation, as the paper front desk clerks seem to want to play safe and ignore it. Ther appears to be a major gulf between theory and experience on this subject.
I hope this explanation will leave your toes feeling a little less trodden on, as this was not my intention.

Vagrant, I think the problem is that the staff at Evans do not see the S1 but the certificate of entitlement. When we applied for our e-res, we got our S1 then went to the ministry of health, which is now at St Lukes,  they gave us a Certificate of Entitlement each (keeping the actual S1 form from UK). Then with all our others papers already filled in went to the Evans building, which where checked to ensure everything was there given a receipt, then after about 6weeks got letter to say ready.
Hope this helps.

Can anyone enlighten me about this S1, health care, the way I understand it is you can only get the S1 form of you are over 65 ? What do expats do if their under 65 ? & moving from the UK to Malta?

When my wife recovers from the heat prostration resulting fro being sent round in circles, we will have another run at it. Being run into the ground to get health cover seems a bit of a paradox, but after several years negotiating with the UK government over its plan to illegally use an EU derogation, nothing about government administration surprises me anymore.
Anyway, many thganks for this as it appears to have been a state secret  up to now!

I have tracked St Lukes down on Google and it seems that I need either a 31 or 45 from Qawra getting of at Pieta as long as their information is up to date. If any one has any better advice on this, I am all ears/eyes.

This looks like an expedition that willl have to have a seperate day dedicated to it, given the rate of paper movement at the Evans Building. Being 67 already, I hope not to die of old age before I get this completed, or is that the game plan? Sometimes stubbornes is a not only a virtue, but a necessity for suvival.

DerekRP wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me about this S1, health care, the way I understand it is you can only get the S1 form of you are over 65 ? What do expats do if their under 65 ? & moving from the UK to Malta?

The stipulation is that you must be in receipt of a UK state pension to qualify for health cover via the S1 route.
You contact the UK get the forms, fill them in and take them to the entitlement unit at St Luke's hospital, they will send one copy back to the UK for verification and then issue your Entitlement Certificate.  The cover under system is better than that with the RHA and you are also covered by the NHS when back in the UK which, as far as I know you are not with the RHA.
The details are in this link:-   http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … ction.aspx 
Look under Living and Working abroad - UK pensioners - near the bottom of the page.

If you need an entitlement certificate for eResidence application purposes I would apply for the RHA first so you don't waste time waiting for the S1 process.

Ray

Vagrant wrote:

I have tracked St Lukes down on Google and it seems that I need either a 31 or 45 from Qawra getting of at Pieta as long as their information is up to date. If any one has any better advice on this, I am all ears/eyes.

This looks like an expedition that willl have to have a seperate day dedicated to it, given the rate of paper movement at the Evans Building. Being 67 already, I hope not to die of old age before I get this completed, or is that the game plan? Sometimes stubbornes is a not only a virtue, but a necessity for suvival.

You could have saved all the hassle by reading the appropriate 'Stickies' at the beginning of the forum which were put there for the specific purpose of reducing the problems for those new to the country.
There have been one or two changes to the eResidence application since they were written, such as having to apply in person but it is a lot easier now than it was when the eResidence system was first introduced.
Obtaining a temporary Health Entitlement Certificate is still a simple process which can be done in a morning, even travelling from Gozo as we did!

Ray

Thanks for that, as I'm ONLY 63 I won't get my state pension for another 2 yrs, I do have a private pension,& retired, any advice on what I need to do to cover my health cover requirement? as I can meet all the other requirements.

You should be able to get cover via the RHA, Reciprocal Health Agreement which is sufficient for your eResidence application.
You are covered for day to day health care and emergencies but it is not the level of cover you have back in the UK and you are not covered in the UK if you return for a visit, nor do you get an EHIC card.
As far as I am aware there is no age limit you just need to fill in the form (in the link) and take it with your passport and proof of your residence in Malta (such as a lease agreement) to The Entitlement Unit at St Luke's hospital and they will give you a temporary certificate which you can use for your application.

https://health.gov.mt/en/cbhc/Pages/Ent … ltaUK.aspx

This link is quite old and they do not issue a card now, it is a paper certificate.

Ray

DerekRP wrote:

Have you looked at
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … Malta.aspx
which explains quite a bit about how it's supposed to work.

Ray

RayAucote wrote:
DerekRP wrote:

Have you looked at
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … Malta.aspx
which explains quite a bit about how it's supposed to work.

Ray

The only problem with that link is that it mostly refers to cover for tourists or short term visits.
It constantly refers to using the EHIC, this ceases to be valid the moment you become a resident of Malta.
It also states that if you are going to be staying long term or working you have to register with Social Services, again no longer totally correct, it is only necessary if you intend working.
The link also refers to registering using the S1 form, it is only at the very bottom that there is an amendment stating that since 2014 this is only available to UK State Pensioners.
It also does not mention the RHA!

As I said it is advice for tourists and short term visitors in the main!

Ray

Thanks guys for your help & advice, really helpful, I'll have to buy you a beer when I get there 😉

I have been onto the head honcho at the entilement unit at St Luke's. As with every other government department, the advice only covers their own area and so failed to cover cross departmental or cross national policy and proceedures. I was however given the link to download the RHA form. This possibly leaves one paradoxical anomoly, but then we are in Alice through the Looking Glass territory.

The e-residency application requires evidence of comprehensive health care cover, but applying for  RHA without already having an e-residency card and number to quote, only gives limited cover. This is stipulated on the form. Catch 22????

What is not clear, is whether the limitation is to (a) the amount of cover provided, or (b) the time limit over which it is provided. If (a), this looks like yet another brick wall, pssibly dictating private insurance cover to come within the stiplated 90 day limit to make the application, but (b) would imply having to reapply when I do have an e-residency card number to quote. I will have to reapply when I have a change of address later in the year, but depending on the time scales allowed, it may be that i will have to renew when I get a number and then again when I have a change of address. In the mean time, I still have an S1 form in the pipeline somewhere, probably getting a bit dizzy by now, as no-one in any of the goverment departments that I have approached seems to admit knowing what to do with it or even the validity of the arrangement under which it is issued in the post Brexit landscape.

It seems strange that strict observance possibly says that I need private health  insurance to apply for free health cove. Although this is clearly a nonsense, it is no more absurd than some of the UK goverment proposed policies I spent 7 years ammending in the UK, before I left and ended up on a goverment working group to advise them on their own published reports and white papers, which werenot only in controvention of EU regulations butr contradicted each other in general content and detail. Le plus ca change.....!

Vagrant wrote:

I have been onto the head honcho at the entilement unit at St Luke's. As with every other government department, the advice only covers their own area and so failed to cover cross departmental or cross national policy and proceedures. I was however given the link to download the RHA form. This possibly leaves one paradoxical anomoly, but then we are in Alice through the Looking Glass territory.

The e-residency application requires evidence of comprehensive health care cover, but applying for  RHA without already having an e-residency card and number to quote, only gives limited cover. This is stipulated on the form. Catch 22????

What is not clear, is whether the limitation is to (a) the amount of cover provided, or (b) the time limit over which it is provided. If (a), this looks like yet another brick wall, pssibly dictating private insurance cover to come within the stiplated 90 day limit to make the application, but (b) would imply having to reapply when I do have an e-residency card number to quote. I will have to reapply when I have a change of address later in the year, but depending on the time scales allowed, it may be that i will have to renew when I get a number and then again when I have a change of address. In the mean time, I still have an S1 form in the pipeline somewhere, probably getting a bit dizzy by now, as no-one in any of the goverment departments that I have approached seems to admit knowing what to do with it or even the validity of the arrangement under which it is issued in the post Brexit landscape.

It seems strange that strict observance possibly says that I need private health  insurance to apply for free health cove. Although this is clearly a nonsense, it is no more absurd than some of the UK goverment proposed policies I spent 7 years ammending in the UK, before I left and ended up on a goverment working group to advise them on their own published reports and white papers, which werenot only in controvention of EU regulations butr contradicted each other in general content and detail. Le plus ca change.....!

Why not stop posting about imagined obstacles and simply apply for RHA using the form which is available in the link in the 'Sticky' at the top of the forum, you did not have to track it down!

Go to St Lukes with your form, your passport and a copy of your lease and walk out with a temporary Certificate of Entitlement which lasts for one year and is sufficient for your residence application, then go and get your eResidence card!
When you have your card, you post back your temporary certificate with a copy of your new eResidence card (both sides) and they will send you a full one!

Simple!
Absolutely no need for all your imagined obstacles needing your contacts at high level in the Governments of Malta and the UK which you like to keep telling everyone about!

Nobody cares!

Most normal people arrive, fill in the forms and get on with it! They do not ignore all the advice they get from those expats who have already done it .

Best you go and hug a tree or heal another building!

Ray

Hi Ray
Many thanks for your advice, which is now coming togeather, about which papers to give to which people and in which order. As you may have noticed, I have followed the links provided and walked into the odd brick wall already, despite the quality of advice available.
As I am now well into the 90 day period, during which I seem to be required to complete the process, I am double checking to prevent any more avoidable delays. You have pointed out that it would be quicker to follow the RHA route rather than follow the S1 path, although up to that point I thought only S1 was open to me as an OAP. I probably got a bit confused somewhere along the road.
On another pont, the perceived wisdom did not work for me for opening a bank account here, although this was because a particular annomaly in my personal situation. In the event this was resolved by entering into a contract to buy a property to pay a deposit on the tax which in turn generated a government receipt to prove my existance, as under the terms of my rental agreement I do not seem to even get to see, much less recieve any utility bills.
So yes your advice is probaly excellent, but I found it not to apply without translation into my particular circumstances. I am deeply sorry that this seems to offend you, but my personal experience has not been a smooth ride along established protocols. This is something that I have to deal with and have sought advice based on the experience along the way. If I see potential problems ahead, based on past experience, I have sought guidance from those experienced in walking that road before me. I do prefer to ananlyse problems and solve them, rather than shake a fist at the sky, or pretend they might not exist.
Malta is a great place to be, but the proceedures are still a little bit baffling as of yet. With a little more patience, I dare say I will get there in the end. In the mean time, I continue to offer my appreciation for the valuable input on offer.

Vagrant wrote:

Hi Ray
Many thanks for your advice, which is now coming togeather, about which papers to give to which people and in which order. As you may have noticed, I have followed the links provided and walked into the odd brick wall already, despite the quality of advice available.
As I am now well into the 90 day period, during which I seem to be required to complete the process, I am double checking to prevent any more avoidable delays. You have pointed out that it would be quicker to follow the RHA route rather than follow the S1 path, although up to that point I thought only S1 was open to me as an OAP. I probably got a bit confused somewhere along the road.
On another pont, the perceived wisdom did not work for me for opening a bank account here, although this was because a particular annomaly in my personal situation. In the event this was resolved by entering into a contract to buy a property to pay a deposit on the tax which in turn generated a government receipt to prove my existance, as under the terms of my rental agreement I do not seem to even get to see, much less recieve any utility bills.
So yes your advice is probaly excellent, but I found it not to apply without translation into my particular circumstances. I am deeply sorry that this seems to offend you, but my personal experience has not been a smooth ride along established protocols. This is something that I have to deal with and have sought advice based on the experience along the way. If I see potential problems ahead, based on past experience, I have sought guidance from those experienced in walking that road before me. I do prefer to ananlyse problems and solve them, rather than shake a fist at the sky, or pretend they might not exist.
Malta is a great place to be, but the proceedures are still a little bit baffling as of yet. With a little more patience, I dare say I will get there in the end. In the mean time, I continue to offer my appreciation for the valuable input on offer.

I am not offended, but I do give up, I will offer no further advice after this post!  ( I am beginning to think I am replying to a Troll!)

You only have to notify the authorities of you intention to remain in Malta within 90 days, this is done by the eResidence application. It will take time for the authorities to process this but that does not matter.

If you simply read the 'stickies' at the top before doing anything, you would not have turned up at the Evans building to apply without health cover.

You would have known that the RHA was available to you from the same source.

You do not need to buy a house, in fact most would not even consider buying here, a long lease agreement is fine.

Opening a bank account has nothing to do with eResidence.

The regulations apply to everyone and do not get 'translated' to your circumstances!

As for analysing problems and solving them, you invent them!

Ray

PS, you need to get a spell checker on your computer!

Say it like it is Ray, but please don't think of us all as trolls 😌

DerekRP wrote:

Say it like it is Ray, but please don't think of us all as trolls 😌

It was not you I was referring to DerekRP, sorry if you thought it was.

Ray.

No problem ,understood  😊