Need Help on a few things Im moving now to Malta And need help

Hi Need to know a few things if someone can help me Please?

1.. Can I rent long term in Malta with out a Job, As when I come I wont have work straight away, But have the money for rent?

2.. How Do I go about opening a Malta Bank Account and Register as registrant.  ?

3.. When can I rent a property with out going onto Agency's ?

4.. What is the roughly wage for hotel work ?

Also what is cost of living in Malta compared to the UK , Also Is school free for kids Or do you have to pay ?

Also The Heath care is that a lot of money Or Cheep ? ?

Hope someone can help me,

Kind Regards,

Alfie. :)

Hi Alfie,

1, If you are an EU citizen then you can rent  no problem.
         2, To open a Maltese bank account you will need an EID (see the sticky at the top of the page for more information).
       3, You can rent a flat by looking in local shops or asking around but you need to be in Malta to do that as there are some scammers around.
       4, Wage for a new hotel worker will be around the €4 per hour.
       5, Cost of living is just a bit lower as taxes are lower but food can be dearer
Schooling is free and healthcare is free if you use a local free clinic.

Terry

Hi Alfie,

welcome back to the forum.

You already asked all the questions in previous posts. The answers have not changed except that the rents might have gone up. There still is no Best Western hotel in Malta.

If you work you should be paying social security contributions  and have health insurance otherwise you either have to transfer your entitlement from the UK or go private.

Summer is a good time to get hotel work but it is not well paid.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you so much Terry,

Many Thanks,

Alf.

Hello Ricky, Thank you, Just a quick question as I know A Ricky in MALTA,

Do you live in Birzebbgia by any chance./

Thanks,

Alf.

Hello Ricky, Thank you, Just a quick question as I know A Ricky in MALTA,
Do you live in Birzebbgia by any chance./
Thanks,
Alf.

Hi Alfie,

no need to post everything twice !

As you were asking about hotel jobs Birzebuggia is about the worst place you could choose to live !

The closest hotel I'm aware of is the Phoenecia in VAlletta but they are closed for refurbishment.

Cheap rents in Malta means that there is no work anywhere near !  Things in Malta are worse than last year !

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Alfie,

Before I moved from Reading I also had no idea what to expect, most important thing to know is that the Residency Requirements .. It is relatively straightforward to obtain the necessary paperwork to be able to move to Malta.

You either need a tourist visa - This allows you to legally live in Malta for 90 days. You can stay longer by either getting an extension from the police or by leaving and coming back again for 90 days. If you're planning on living on the island long term, then you should look into becoming a permanent resident.

So if you're planning on moving to Malta, you don't need to apply for residency before moving. You can use your tourist visa while you sort things out and settle in and, in the meantime, apply for residency while you are in Malta.

Hope this helps, if you need more info remember that the internet is your friend - https://www.gov.mt(will help you understand more in terms of regulations)
http://www.wheresmalta.com/ - this will help you learn more about Malta. Goodluck!

As an EU citizen he has no need of any sort of visa. He can arrive as a tourist and stay a. tourist until he gets a job.
Please do not post misleading information.

Terry

Hey alfie welcome back - if you wanna chat message me I can answer your questions
Hope you're well

Rob