Renting a flat (are the rental prices really so high!)?

I have been searching  for an apartment/flat (furnished 1bedroom) to rent in Hanoi.
But all the prices seem to be quite high! The cheapest one was over 400USD, but usually the prices are even higher (600USD)!
Can this be true?

Are the rents REALLY that high?
Or can I get a cheaper price if I go to Hanoi?

Hi FinnMove, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You can have a look at the Hanoi classifieds > accommodation section. There are lot of adverts that i hope will be interesting to you.
You may post an ads there as well.

I wish you good luck in your accommodation search and i hope other members will guide you about the prices of rental flat in Hanoi.
:)
Christine

Thank you Christine.
I did try to look the prices from Hanoi classifieds, but also there the price range seems to be from 600 USD and higher...

So the rental prices in Hanoi really are so high?
That's very surprising since those prices are very similar than rental prices in Europe... :unsure

Hi Finn,
The first time I arrived here in saigon, I had same experience as you. The prices are really shocking in any websites. Most of them are not owners but only agents. if you will get a long with some of the vietnamese or foriegners in the area, they will help you out get a nice decent room at a reasonable price.

One good place to look is "The New Hanoian" newhanoian.xemzi.com/ they have all sorts of classified information, including housing and a big expat network in Hanoi that can help you out! Hope to see you around
Zac

Hello,

My name is Khoa Le. I'm writing this email in response to your ads that you're looking for room. Currently, I have two available rooms which is in 2 different houses next to each other. The rooms is available because the French man just finished his internship and came back to France.

There are some foreigners here. One house there are American and Japanese guys, they are very friendly and open-minded. In the other, my family is staying with a German guy. Both house look the same with nice room, mattress, blanket, wardrobe,..desk.

We have free washing machine, internet, kitchen, refrigerator...And there is a big park with a lake nearby where you can breathe fresh air.

The rent is 180$/month including all bills such as water, electricity, internet,hygiene.

IF you are interested in, please don't hesitate to call me 01254867688 or email: [email protected] or [email protected].

Thanks and Regards,

lekaka > please post in the classifieds section ;)

Dear FinnMove, Djolana as well as others interested in this topic,

It's a pity because you have bad experience with real estate agents in VN. I don't know why you met that situation? Because :

1. The price appears in the leasing contract so you pay the landlord not to the agent, how can they decide the rental?
2. You should require bilingual contract so you can understand all
3. Tenants don't have to pay any fee to the agents
4. Working with foreign real estate companies should be better

By using real estate agents in a right way, you will have many benefits. You're new here, it's not easy to find a suitable by yourself, even if you have a friend living in VN, he/she can recommend 1 or 2 places for you right? And maybe they don't know other better places to recommend to you

Even me, I'm a Vietnamese I still can not know which is the best suitable place for you, wonder why Djolana,or foreigners can be sure to help you out get a nice decent room at a reasonable price.

A better way is using the service from agents then get recommendation from your friends before making decision.

Hope that this will not make you think badly about all things relating to the life in VN

Regards, Nam

Are you looking for a room in a shared house/apartment or for your own place? If you want to rent your own apartment/house, yes, the prices are that high. I doubt you can find anything under 500-600 unless you don't mind leaving out in the boonies or in a place that's falling apart.

I lived in three different houses when I was in Hanoi. The cheapest one was 550 and it was just ok (I don't like old, traditional-style Vietnamese houses: they're dark and boxy). The nice one was 1000. Maybe you can get an apartment for a bit less? I have dogs, so I needed a yard.

Hello,

If you able to let me more details:

1. Name of the location or street ?
2. When you needs ?
3. You email & contact No. ?

Pls. contact by this email: [no free ads]
Thanks
Tuan

FinnMove wrote:

I have been searching  for an apartment/flat (furnished 1bedroom) to rent in Hanoi.
But all the prices seem to be quite high! The cheapest one was over 400USD, but usually the prices are even higher (600USD)!
Can this be true?

Are the rents REALLY that high?
Or can I get a cheaper price if I go to Hanoi?

from 400-800 USD, it's not true. Can not too high like that. Now, in HN, Ancient streets is the area the most expencive. the room is often from 100$ to 200$, the most expensive also about 300$. Just have been  road surface apartments, they are for rent to business, it's very expensive. You don't need to stay there. For me, if i stay in a aparment with price 400-600$/month, maybe, i will be rent a hotell, it's better ^_^
There are some hotel in a ancient streets, the quality is realy so good, also 500 to 600 vnd/day have breakfast. so fast and not tired because search ^_^

Hi,
well the price depends . it could be 400 or more less.
and the website newhanoian which westlakereview recommended has all the information u need. hope u can find one soon and enjoy living in Hanoi.

Unluckily it's the truth, the rental price only go up up then up =)

It's the best if you can find a shared house, then you can have a room from USD200.

khuong-vinahouselink.com wrote:

Hi Finnmove
Not all the apartments are so high, many others are from $200 to $350. If you intend to go to Hanoi I'm willing to help you find a cheap one.

THIS string is so old you will unlikely get a response.

It was started around 3-4 years ago!