Where would be the best place to find web and ios developers in HCM?

Looking to build a network and potentially create a business to farm out work to HCM. Any advice as to where I can find good developers? Also any advice for a new startup in HCM for an American?

There are a few active dev groups with mostly local Vietnamese on meetup.com. The category for HCMC area is Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh:
meetup.com/cities/vn/thanh_pho_ho_chi_minh/
I believe there are expats in Facebook groups but I haven't connected with them, I've been doing my own thing.

Hello there j5uh,

You may also have a look at the Setting up a business in Vietnam article, you will find some useful infos.

Hope it helps
Bhavna

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Hi

I have been doing the same thing as you have for a couple of years in HCMC. I manage to find a team of people I have worked with on a long term basis they seem to understand how things work outside of VN especially documentation.

I wouldnt receommend starting or registering a business in VN unless you want to collect payment within VN there is no real reason you should be doing that.

Samuel

Hello Im Mobile iOS Developer with 4 years and 2 year with postion technical project lead, contact me via email: xxx if you need help. Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
firmware wrote:

Hi

I have been doing the same thing as you have for a couple of years in HCMC. I manage to find a team of people I have worked with on a long term basis they seem to understand how things work outside of VN especially documentation.

I wouldnt receommend starting or registering a business in VN unless you want to collect payment within VN there is no real reason you should be doing that.

Samuel

Do you ever work with 3D modellers? Where's the best place to hire them?