Cost of living

Hi,
My husband gets 600OMR has monthly income and am not working as of now. Plus company provides 250 OMR as house rent and car  expense  company will be paid separately. Can you suggest Is it okie to save and live a decent life style in Muscat. ??
And also let me know is there any opportunity for software jobs (IT) in muscat . I have 5 + yrs of exp as software engineer in india. How is the market for it. Am yet to move to Muscat.He stays in bachelor accommodation as of now. Let me know the feedback on it.

Dear Skura,

You would already have graphic details on the expenses in the cost of living thread and i would strongly recommend you to go through it.

For the sake of answering you , I would say that ...yes, you can have a decent living with 600OMR as your housing is taken care of.

As for your second question , in the wake of strong Omanisation move, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get labour ministry clearances. There is a need but there are obstacles too. You could keep yourself updated on the happenings and the mood , if you browse through the epaper of Times of Oman .

Best wishes and good luck.

Hii.
Have got a job offer as Asst Manager and salary offeref is 250 Omr and 50 Adhoc Allowance.
with Travel and accomdation.Any idea if it is ok as per the lifestyle there and cost of living and how much can b saved?

Getting job will be very difficult  especially for expat women in Oman. However you may try your luch!!!

Thanks for the info. Any other sites or consultancy you know about the job vacany's which we can apply and get through.Heard like its easier to get job through referrals than ads? How is the culture in Oman to get jobs?

very correct....referral plays an important role anywhere... however u can still apply through newspaper...times of oman in Monday and wednesday show vacancy.... then there is bayt.com agency.... monstergulf....naukrigulf...all this you can try.....

Oh thanks.. Ya even we know savings is a problem.. That's why i wanted a job as its required . We can just live a decent life with his salary there is no point of staying in outside countries if we don't have savings. That's why am looking out for a job  and i wanted to work. But with this visa issues for expat women -very hard it-seems. Hope something comes up

Ya am coming to Oman in Family Visa only. Am a Software Engineer with 5 years of exp. Ya we are trying out to get some job, at least something related to my exp.

Thankyou :)