Oman's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Oman? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Oman's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Oman would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The capital city of Oman is Muscat. Cost of living over there is little bit expencive. Weather is hot but beautiful surrounding. Salalah is the second main city of Oman and beautiful nice weather. June to end of september raining and green everywahere.feel like living in newzealand.cost  of living is cheaper than Muscat and so easy.house rents are far reasonable than Muscat.

Hi,

I guess Muscat is most expensive compared to other cities. And in Muscat WAVE, Muscat Hills and Madinat Al Sultan Qaboos and Madinat Al Ilm are most expensive locations to live.

BR
Adnan

i do agree with them

Dear Priscilla,

Yes, I'm living in Oman now and my living city is Sohar just near to UAE Dubai border.

Regarding the most expensive cities of Oman are here below,

1. Muscat (the capital)
2. Salalah (the most largest city in Oman near Yemen border)
3. Barka

These are the most expensive cities in Oman but the cheapest are as below,

1. Saham
2. Khabora
3. Suwaiq
4. Ibra
5. Sur city

These are the modern living and average life style cities with all important facilities of everyday life but in low price.

For more assistance, please feel free to write me back.

Thanks

Rana Masood Bashir

the most expensive sity is in alkhwair and alqurm

You are right ahmed but people coming from outside Oman, don't know all the locations. That's why I gave the whole city name.

I never paid fines and i made the payment of all kind of bills through ATM card.

Its really very simple