Just moved to San Juan!

Hey Guys!

I'm new to Puerto Rico and Expat.com.  I just moved here about a week ago.

I was in the Peace Corps for the last two years, and I'm looking for some side work until I find permanent work here.

I would be up for babysitting, dogsitting, housesitting, dog walking, etc.  Does anyone have any leads or suggestions?

More importantly, I'm very interested in any cool places to hang out or making friends!  Please let me know!

I know some people who could use a babysitter. Please send me an off-forum message to see if we can work out the details. Thanks.

Hey, im moving to PR in another 6 or 7 months. Can you tell me what it is like over there?   What are you doing now?   Oh yea, you went to Clemson. Nice what was your major?

Hi! I just moved to the dorado area and am in the process of getting settled, looking for work, friends, etc....  I made the move to the island about 3 months ago and lived in condado until recently. Let me know how you are doing getting settled into 'island life'!!

One of the areas we are considering for a permanent move is the Dorado area.  Can you give any pointers for areas of Dorado that have single familiy homes?  We're visiting in a month or so and want to focus on an area in Dorado rather than shotgun the whole area.  Any realtors better than others for handling ex-pats?

Hi! I live in costa dorado- a nice, quiet and very safe area in dorado! Everyone here is super friendly. If you are interested in looking in this area- or any part of dorado- a good realtor is Armando Olive with Proviviendo Real Estate. If you would like any websites to look thru, or need any more information, just let me know!

Jclaire wrote:

Hi! I just moved to the dorado area and am in the process of getting settled, looking for work, friends, etc....  I made the move to the island about 3 months ago and lived in condado until recently. Let me know how you are doing getting settled into 'island life'!!

Would love to meet up when we come through town. Flying in to San Juan on the 1st, but would like to visit Dorado soon after!

[email protected] wrote:

Hey Guys!

I'm new to Puerto Rico and Expat.com.  I just moved here about a week ago.

I was in the Peace Corps for the last two years, and I'm looking for some side work until I find permanent work here.

I would be up for babysitting, dogsitting, housesitting, dog walking, etc.  Does anyone have any leads or suggestions?

More importantly, I'm very interested in any cool places to hang out or making friends!  Please let me know!

Would you also be up to meeting up with us once we fly in and find our way around a little bit? :)

Of course! Do you guys have a plan for when you get here or are you taking it day by day? I came here on vacation and just never left! : )))

Welcome! There are many places in Old San Juan, to hang out and in Isla Verde area! Good Luck!

Hi! My husband and I are hoping to move from Tucson, AZ to Puerto Rico...and are seeking connections there, people who can give us the information that will make relocation that much more smooth.
How are you enjoying it? Do you have any gems of knowledge to share? Any thoughts or ideas for us?

Thanks!

-NZ

Welcome on board nzoey ;)

Hey! I recently moved back to Puerto Rico after living in the states for a number of years, so drop me a line! There's a lot to do in PR :D