Looking to relocate to Puerto Rico

I'm looking to relocate to Puerto Rico and I would like to know if anyone knows of any agencies that i may be able to send my resume' to.  I am looking for employment in the construction field particularly in project management any assistance given will be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome on board jae1169!

You could post an advert in the jobs section of Puerto Rico classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Thanks for the information i will put it to good use thanks again

Hmm.. the last time I checked construction was pretty much dead..

It's dead or dying everywhere unfortunately...

We went from $28.5 million in sales to about $6.5 and are looking to scale back operation that is why i am looking to relocate to the Island.  I need a change of enviorment...

Just keep in mind that the economical situation over here is even worse than in the mainland.
Also, you're going to be a stranger, a gringo here. Do you speak Spanish?

I recommend you don't come if you can at all avoid it.It's not only the economic situation that sucks here.Before someone may ask what am I doing here if everything sucks so much,unfortunately I have no other option at this point in time. Probably in the future that may change.

Im in the same business on the heavy industrial end. There is some activity in San Juan but you would be better served in looking for a
North American firm who is looking for someone to work in PR. It can be hard to break into the network if you are not local. The job market is dismal in PR right now...very hard times.

Relocating to Puerto Rico is a big challenge even if you have a decent job to come to. I say come down and spend a few weeks or a month if you are able. It will give you a better feel for what you are thinking of getting yourself into.

If the responses you are getting seem to be less than encouraging, there are valid reasons why. Other posters here have pointed out the main factor which you are already aware of. The economy sucks. And it sucks even more here. For all practical purposes this is a third world country and it ain't getting any better.

Gregg

Under any scenario, your moving to PR would be an economic disaster - no matter how bad it may be for you in Newark or wherever you are located right now, the economics of the construction industry in PR are worse.

You will spend a lot of money on your move. You will need to ship a car, which with shipping and registration costs of over $1.5k, or buy one here. You will need to find accommodation, etc. The cost of living here is akin to living in DC.

More importantly, you will not find work. If by some miracle you do actually find some work, you will not be paid.

Suing in State court is not a realistic option. Such action will most likely cost you more than what you were ever owed, the legal process will probably take years, any chance of an eventual favorable judgment are remote and finally, the chance of actually recovering on any favorable judgment are basically zero.

I practice bankruptcy law and most of my clients are property developers, construction firms, or their respective creditors so I know what the market is like: There is no market.

WOW!!!!!!  I have vacation time coming and i will take a trip to look at the prospects of the move.  As for the economy tanking its been there and will unfortunately do it again in a few months when the european markets crash. thank you all for your input its greatly appreciated.