What do you like the most in Malta?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Malta?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Malta and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

I like the views the most a wherever you are on the island you usually have some beautiful landscape to enjoy
I was seduced by cost of renting , the fact they spoke English as a second language and the view of the sea

Best part of living in Malta is the sense of community that they have

The best thing about living here has to be the weather

Probably my cousin's dog. My morning walks with him along the seawall and our coffees. Well, he eats the biscuit they give me with the coffee.
And cannolli, the slow pace of life, of course the sea. The people from all over the world you can meet!

Incredibly easy to get started for new arrivals. Easy to find rentals, quick & easy to get an internet connection, sort out phone contracts and so on... very little paperwork involved (compared to Spain, Portugal and many other places).

Great weather October to May.

Safe.

The best thing about Malta is living in Gozo!

Ray

What's not to like about Malta!!! It's a beautiful friendly welcoming country . from. Our experience. We have stayed all over Malta. Most recently cospicua for a month in a private rented house. The Maltese neighbours were most hospitable. From bringing us home cooked food and offering to drive us anywhere we wanted to go. Earlier in march we were in Valletta for a month .same of the Maltese people there. We have made many good Maltese friends.in fact in October we are off to marsacalla for 3 weeks  to attend a Maltese baby's christening.. So all and all its a fabulous place & each time we go we discover something new . .:-)

one of the things we have found in Malta is that you get a lot of food for your money when it comes to bars and restaurants - I am not Valletta biggest fan but apart from McDonald's you generally get great value food and drink

Wouldn't thank you for a McDonald's. . my husband & I will be in your area for 3 weeks soon. Maybe you can show us local places.   Triq Kavetti . we enjoy living as the the locals do .

Wouldn't thank you for a McDonald's. . ********** burger yeah ! Valletta.  my husband & I will be in your area for 3 weeks soon. Maybe you can show us local places.   Triq Kavetti . we enjoy living as the the locals do .we have done all the hotels . which most were great .but love renting houses & apartments. The real way to discover Malta .

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please mind your language

Yeah, Big Portions  +  Good Parking = Maltese dream of dining out :)

For me I like the sea and the weather. The fact that people speak English and are quite inclusive as a society. Some fresh food is excellent  such as fish, veggies, fruits.
Also, everybody knows each other, so things could be done swiftly with no excessive bureaucracy. The fact that everybody knows each other (read 'related') could also be a downside, but I don't mind. It an island anyway.

Hi,

I very enjoy the fresh wild caught fish you can buy for a good price in Malta. Of course the weather is a big plus, even though at some points it is a bit too hot for me, but anyways I do not have to worry about cold winters.
And you can find flats with seaview, which are affordable. Also I like the little shop where I am buying my veggies every day. And I like busline No. 12, as you can almost always catch a bus there.

I like also snorkelling in Malta even at busy beaches, as it is interesting to watch the rocks and little caves below the water and you can watch fish very closely.

Probabaly I missed something...

Marie Robertson wrote:

Wouldn't thank you for a McDonald's. . ********** burger yeah ! Valletta.  my husband & I will be in your area for 3 weeks soon. Maybe you can show us local places.   Triq Kavetti . we enjoy living as the the locals do .we have done all the hotels . which most were great .but love renting houses & apartments. The real way to discover Malta .

love to show you some great places to eat

We are moving to Malta in December, myself and my eight year old twins, and reading the above has just heightened my excitement. As a South African who has never lived outside of their country this is a huge adventure for me and I cannot wait to share it with my children.

:heart: I love the beauty of the island and the kind Maltese people.
Margaret

Great fun Maltese people, sense of family and of course the sun!

There is a decent amount of salsa dancing here too which is also great!!!

This is a lovely post on living in Malta, we are planning to move there early next year from the UK and cannot wait to be a part of this gorgeous island and lovely community.
Every time we have visited Malta on our holidays we have felt at home, welcoming people, great weather, good value prices overall.
I am also an avid salsa dancer so the last post from mambo_machine is encouraging, are there a lot of people there joining the salsa classes and parties?

My bags are packed, and i am so looking forward to  my next adventure. This blog has proved very helpful and given some super information. I may even try salsa dancing...cheers steve

I stayed in malta for only 5 days but i enjoyed every second to the peak, especially the site of the city from Mdina, my bags are packed and i'm going back in november. :)

The friendly people, the sun shine , sea, and most of all Mellieha where we have our second home for the last 12 years.