ADOPTION !!!!!

Hi
I'm posting this for others that may come on here seeking advice!
We came over with our 14 year old adopted daughter and have been refused our family visa! Due to her being adopted!!!
We have to now return to the UK and start all over again without my husband.. At no point throughout the whole procedure were we ever informed that this would be the case!! It's cost us thousands.... So just wanting to let others know!

Didn't u create a thread way back seeking info ?

I wouldn't have taken a step to come here just because of your adopted daughter.

hamudi wrote:

I wouldn't have taken a step to come here just because of your adopted daughter.

She did and it remained unanswered.

Thanks for the info Sarah. Did they tell you why exactly they cannot issue a visa to an adopted child?

live.ali wrote:
hamudi wrote:

She did and it remained unanswered.

Thanks for the info Sarah. Did they tell you why exactly they cannot issue a visa to an adopted child?

This would be bending over backwards and a little bit more to get the adopted child here. Clearly MOI goes through birth certificate and all that BS but wow...feel bad for her now.

Yes, the reason they told us was due to her Dad not being her real father....he's been a father to her for the past 14 years! We have all the legal documents and her birth certificate has our surname in it.
But I just wanted to highlight this in case anyone else is looking for the info....as no one told us that this would be the case....

Their answer to my husband was she's not your child!

sarahngeoff wrote:

Yes, the reason they told us was due to her Dad not being her real father....he's been a father to her for the past 14 years! We have all the legal documents and her birth certificate has our surname in it.
But I just wanted to highlight this in case anyone else is looking for the info....as no one told us that this would be the case....

ok didn't I say it would be difficult or perhaps I forgot to respond.

Apologies for that.

I respect the law but this law kinda harsh to the adopted children all over the world. Eventually they are humans and they deserve the right to have visa and the ones who raised them deserve to be called parents coz they are their real parents and what they're doing is a wonderful thing. I sincerely apologize to your daughter and to you for what happened.

Thank you, yes she was absolutely devastated that it was due to her being adopted that our visa was refused! She says but you're my parents and it's not my fault I'm adopted!
Oh well my main reason for posting this topic in here was to alert others who may go through this....it's very unfair...but then that's Saudis rules!
She deserves to be he just as any other child does....we had paid a fortune for her education, which we probably won't get back either....

sarahngeoff wrote:

Thank you, yes she was absolutely devastated that it was due to her being adopted that our visa was refused! She says but you're my parents and it's not my fault I'm adopted!
Oh well my main reason for posting this topic in here was to alert others who may go through this....it's very unfair...but then that's Saudis rules!
She deserves to be he just as any other child does....we had paid a fortune for her education, which we probably won't get back either....

hang on, you mean u paid for her school fees here in Saudi?
IMO you should get it back.

Yes,me had to pay out for all the assessments she had to do, as well as a large deposit which is not refundable!

You might find this helpful

http://www.hg.org/law-firms/adoption/saudi-arabia.html

There is a way to bring her in but you should ask the lawyers in Saudi Arabia about the legal part to follow it.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111012025939AAaTN0Q

It's not the same topic but you might find some answers, good luck.

sarahngeoff wrote:

Yes,me had to pay out for all the assessments she had to do, as well as a large deposit which is not refundable!

That's some serious BS

That's really sad and No doubt this is called as MAGIC KINGDOM.

Thanks for updating on the forum and it would be really beneficial to someone in the same situation. :top:

Just a query - was she able to enter Kingdom, if yes, on what visa ??

In islam, the adoption doesnt exist as in other countries. You can adopt, you can raise a child as your own... but you CANT change his/her name to yours. Probably thats why...