Filing Taxes (IRS)

This question is for all the American expats that live in KSA, whats the easiest way to file taxes and also can anyone recommend a tax agent skilled with filing taxes when living overseas?

thanks!

H&R Block eFile system

Taxact.com   did them online & free to efile.   The consulate website lists 2 different companies you could contact but they are really expensive.

What's the point of paying taxes while working here? Can you not declare non residency and enjoy the money tax free? Unless u looking at some long term benefits which clearly I don't....i'm not amriki...

hamudi wrote:

What's the point of paying taxes while working here? Can you not declare non residency and enjoy the money tax free? Unless u looking at some long term benefits which clearly I don't....i'm not amriki...

If you want to carry the US passport you must file taxes every year. Expats have a different tax rate so rarely do you have to pay taxes unless you also own property still in the US.   

Many Saudis are learning this the hard way as they never have done it before and now there are agreements between countries where they must share the bank information for all US citizens so that people can't hide money.....the solution to not paying taxes give up your green card or the all access passport.

stressedmom wrote:

If you want to carry the US passport you must file taxes every year. Expats have a different tax rate so rarely do you have to pay taxes unless you also own property still in the US.   

Many Saudis are learning this the hard way as they never have done it before and now there are agreements between countries where they must share the bank information for all US citizens so that people can't hide money.....the solution to not paying taxes give up your green card or the all access passport.

I see how it is now. Yea I heard about those agreements.

hamudi wrote:

The United States of America taxes all US citizens, deemed citizens and Legal Permanent Residents regardless of where in the world they reside. They are REQUIRED to file an annual 1040 Income Tax Return each year, unless they formally renounce US citizenship, which is a very costly venture, subject to a huge Exit Tax.

They must report all foreign income too, as part of their "World Income".

That's the point.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Amrikis.