SAUDI ARABIA TO INTRODUCE NEW EXPAT TAX

Hello everyone,

Starting from the 1st of July, expats in Saudi Arabia will have to pay a monthly fee of 100 Saudi riyals, per dependent.

From next year, this fee is expected to rise until the year 2020.

In companies where there are more or an equal number of local and expat staff members, the fee will be applied at a lower rate.

If you have any advice or insight on this development, please share your thoughts below.

Thank you.

Priscilla
Expat.com team

rucksack.frenzy wrote:

Hi,
First wife, daughters and male children under the age of 18 are exempted.

Does that mean my mom doesn't have any tax to pay?

-Expat

I think rucksack.frenzy mentioned parents so it includes moms and dads🙂.

Such a helpful info, thanks for sharing rucksack👍

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Starting from the 1st of July, expats in Saudi Arabia will have to pay a monthly fee of 100 Saudi riyals, per dependent.

From next year, this fee is expected to rise until the year 2020.

In companies where there are more or an equal number of local and expat staff members, the fee will be applied at a lower rate.

If you have any advice or insight on this development, please share your thoughts below.

Thank you.

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello,
Pls share authentic source of your news here or else it is just a rumor. When talking about authentic source I do not mean news published in news website. I am asking for government website who has published it.

Thanks
Ehtesham

Hello,
This is a pinned post in this website and no authentic source. Why is not replied yet?

Hi everyone,

Please find below the PwC summary of the government budget announced in January that summarises the plan: https://www.pwc.com/m1/en/tax/documents … budget.pdf

Thanks all,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hello,
This is about millions of expat deciding about their future based on this. There is nothing I could find in Ministry of Finance or other govt websites. Appreciate if you could share something from there.

Still unclear to me, still nothing official from my company and most reports I read online are slightly different.

Thanks for your information. I am basically an IT professional and working as people soft consultant in chennai, india.  May i know how much minimum salary provided by saudi arabia organization?

Thank you for this update

In a couple of days it will be obvious that this post shared was based on rumors. i will appreciate if expat.com team act more responsibly in the future.

is this true?

yes it is true

It's true and correct
Newspaper reports are acceptable 
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1123101/saudi-arabia

:mad:

Dear All,

how i can remove the duplicate dependent from my absher account. before they went to home country but not return and i made a new visa but still it shows the old one as well.
now i have to pay double fees for my dependent so i want to remove the old entry of my family.
please advise .

Dear All,

how i can remove the duplicate dependent from my absher account. before they went to home country but not return and i made a new visa but still it shows the old one as well.
now i have to pay double fees for my dependent so i want to remove the old entry of my family.
please advise

This is what they need they want all of us to leave their place.
inshallah next year bye bye

Hi everyone,

I heard that the fees will be required to be paid in advance with exit entry visa until the expiry of Iqama..

Hope it is a rumour ...

zahraa123 wrote:

Do we have to pay in order to use expat?

Normally expats must pay theirselves but some of them will ask to employee to pay it because it is going to be heavy for expats. So if you have weak salary workers be ready to pay it..

I think these issue will effect the employee more than workers..

Regards
Emrah

what about expats married to Saudis :D

Did any of you reach out to your employer to take care of you dependent fee?

nah, all big corporations asked expats to pay it themselves...

Thank you Mr. hamudi

It depends on experience and position.

Did anyone pay dependent fee already. My iqama expiry date is dec 21 2017, I just checked my fees in al awwal bank without end date , it shows 4608 for 2 dependents. I could not get why its showing this much??? Anyone have any idea?

duke80 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I heard that the fees will be required to be paid in advance with exit entry visa until the expiry of Iqama..

Hope it is a rumour ...

Iys true.

comlove2015 wrote:

This is a fact now.  A friend of mine in Jeddah just had to pay the newly imposed fees for his dependents.

Oh noes. That sucks to hear

Did anyone else experience this too ?? Particularly in Jeddah ?????

I want to know if dependents whose moter is working in govt has any excemptions on the tax?any reply will be appreciated

Yeah .Expats  working in govt sectors are exempt from dependant tax.

hi thanks.
do yu happen to know if how can I transfer my dependents to my wife who is working in govt?
TYI

its not possible to transfer your dependents to your wife ,my friend also have the similar experience as like you ...
if you are not eligible for dependent visa you can bring your kids under your wife this thing is happened in my case ,my iqama profession is general labor so they accepted our request ...

thanks for your info

sorry to say this tax is applicable on all. there is no exemtions, even the new born ones are not exempted

Who ever is working under government they need not to pay , its free for them ....

I work for government and have no dependents. Such is life

Well guys .. this year anyhow its manageable but next year don't know how people will handle this levy ....

Even this year not manageable for many expats

I do agree with you hamudi. Its a real challenge for middle class families and labors who work so hard to earn money. Even here weather conditions are tremendously hot. Let's pray & hope best for future.

they need to go back here and have their final exit. like what my boss did. but you will have to pay the new policy. you cannot get final exit unless the new payment is being paid. My boss just did it for his 2 kids.

Thanks.