Salary n germany - Filipino friend seeks info before moving there.

Hello, I have a Filipina friend currently residing in Italy who is looking to move to Germany for a better life but has not really established any personal connections and would appreciate some insight to how they may go about finding work in restaurants or domestic work or something, how good they must speak German, what kind of residence permit they would need, what kind of pay they may expect etc.  Thanks in advance.

Hello rmny345,

I moved your post from the Germany forum, since you were out of subject there and hijacking someone's else thread.

Hence i created a new thread which would grant your query with more visibility and a better probability to get some responses.

I would suggest that you read our Living in Germany guide to gather as many information as possible.

Regards,
Gavind

It is quite difficult for a non-EU-citizen to get a work permit in Germany - especially in the non-skilled professions you listed, as there are plenty of unemployed Europeans who can do the job and must be hired first (by law).
What visa does she currently have in Italy?
In addition, moving from Italy, home of "dolce vita" (translated "sweet life") to Germany, home of pedantic perfectionists, will almost certainly not improve her life - or so I think.

If I was trying to get information specifically from Filipinas, I'd say that's a bit overbearing and not sure the 'word' hijacking is appropriate.  And I have found no such relevant information in the guide you listed.  Thanks.

beppi wrote:

It is quite difficult for a non-EU-citizen to get a work permit in Germany - especially in the non-skilled professions you listed, as there are plenty of unemployed Europeans who can do the job and must be hired first (by law).
What visa does she currently have in Italy?
In addition, moving from Italy, home of "dolce vita" (translated "sweet life") to Germany, home of pedantic perfectionists, will almost certainly not improve her life - or so I think.

She's married to an EU citizen therefore, as far as I know, she has as much right to a job as an EU citizen, as long as he is resident wherever she searches for work.  Maybe you are somewhat right about the 'dolce vita' compared to the 'pedantic perfectionists' in that irregulars have little trouble finding work in Italy.  But once the person has legal status, I can't think of any reason other than the weather for not wanting to leave Italy for Germany, where the standard of living is much higher.

Well, you are right: As spouse of an EU citizen she has the same rights to settle and work anywhere in the EU (but only together with him, as far as I know) as he has. You did not mention that crucial detail in your first post!
You might find it strange, but many Germans dream of - and some do - moving to Italy after retirement. Apart from the weather, the food, culture, architecture and people's friendliness are all better there than in Germany.

Sorry for leaving that part out if it caused confusion, but I really was directing my query towards Filipinos specifically because they generally go far out of their way to help co-nationals abroad and when one mentions that they have an EU husband, often they will be a bit hesitant thinking "if you have an EU husband, why would you need to work?".  People often have stereotypes and pre-conceived notions about other countries and their people.  Yes, moving to a quiet beach area after retirement with a good pension and nothing really to do but live out the rest of your years may be more comfortable in a warmer place, but when you have to earn money, deal with the system on a day to day basis etc. I can't see how Italy would be a better place.  One can look up articles regarding local purchasing power and standards of living between the two and probably form an educated guess to go along with their own personal experiences.

Well, then you also forgot to mention in your original post that you will not accept advice from non-Filipinos - and I also think your question is misplaced on this forum for expats of all nationalities to freely exchange ideas and opinions. There are no restrictions on who is allowed to post on which thread.
You may want to search our members directory for Filipinos residing in Germany and contact them directly by PM. But don't omt relevant parts of the situation again if you want relevant answers!

I did not say I will not accept any advice at all from non- filipinos; you have clearly misunderstood. if you have a lead, great let me know, thanks, if not let me be as it's not my job to explain everything to you in full detail or your place to try to tell me over and over again what I should or shouldn't do or why you disagree and think Italy is a better place to live despite numerous evidence pointing to the contrary.

Hi everybody,

This thread is going nowhere here as there are too many misunderstanding !  :unsure

@ rmny345 > You might want to start a new thread by asking specific and accurate questions?

Thanks

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed