Queries Tier 2 Intra Company transfer Visa

Hi All,

Below are few queries

1. Can a dependent of a Tier 2 Company Transfer Visa work in the UK?
2. Can the primary applicant change employer while staying in the UK?
3. How long does it take for a T2 Company Transfer Visa applicant to be eligible for a UK PR OR Citizenship?

Many thanks

1. yes
2. I think so but only if you can get a new visa from the new employer
3. never. ICT visas are strictly temporary with a 5 year maximum

Hi, When under ITC in the UK, if the COS is expiring and the employer wants the migrant to continue working in the UK, does the migrant have to re-apply for a visa from the UK, as well as the employer issue another COS

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

With regards to ICT visas, there is a maximum duration as follows:

The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:

    Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £120,000 a year): 9 years
    Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £120,000 a year): 5 years, 1 month
    Graduate Trainee: 12 months

So, if you're on the long-term visa and earn more than £120k p/annum and have been in the UK for 5 years on that visa, then you can extend for a maximum of 4 further years, then you will have to leave.

It should be noted that work-visas are always temporary.

Hope this helps.

Expat Team

New topic