International Women's clubs

Hey Guys!

I have a question, I'm hoping someone here can help.

I am curious to know if there are any international women's clubs in Cairo and / or Alexandria. I know there is the Maadi's women's guild, and one in Sharm also, but other than that all the women's clubs I can find are Egyptian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I believe there is the AWA.
American Women's Association in Alex

Thanks Irish. I know it may have been a strange question, it's for a research project :)

Any help is appreciated.

leprechaun1188 wrote:

Hey Guys!

I am curious to know if there are any international women's clubs in Cairo and / or Alexandria. I know there is the Maadi's women's guild, and one in Sharm also, but other than that all the women's clubs I can find are Egyptian.

Thanks

you can email and ask women of the world at wowcairo@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!!

Hello everyone! My husband and I are considering a move to Alexendria from the United States.  Can anyone give me advice on how things are different there, and what if anything is the same?  Any Americans that are there that can give me anything helpful is appreciated!!!  Also, what about an American woman, English only speaking - is it possible for me to find work?  My husband has a job lined up, but I don't want to stay home, I want to work too!

leprechaun1188 wrote:

Hey Guys!

Thanks

There is a club called THE MIDDLE EAST WIVES in Heliopolis

@Sarapul - thanks!

@vickig - you can definitely find a job in Egypt as an English only speaker. There is potential for finding work in the embassy's, or with the many NGO's that are scattered throughout Cairo. However, without being here under a foreign work visa, you may find that what you are offered in terms of salary falls far below your expectations!

There are also a lot of volunteer opportunities in and around Egypt, and don't forget the possibility of finding jobs as a tutor etc. Once you arrive in Egypt, you'll find the search is much easier. There are only a few jobs that are ever actually posted online in this country.

Wish you the best with your upcoming move!

Thank you very much for the info. I'm in Egypt already, I speak English and Spanish. but really don't know where to start, do you know how to go about getting the work permit?

Thanks a lot

Your employer will have to help you with the work permit. Check out the American Chamber of Commerce's Website, there are often jobs posted on there.

You can find their site here: amcham.org.eg

You may also want to check out the Middle East Job Board "bayt," found here: bayt.com/en/egypt

If you're looking for places to network, volunteering is a great way to get to know people.

The UN's volunteer site is here: egypt.unv.org/how-to-volunteer/cairo-volunteer-guide

While you can also find opportunities on the world volunteer site here: worldvolunteerweb.org/browse/countries/egypt

If you're in Maadi, check out the weekly Hash Harriers, it's a weekly gathering of expats and you'll also be able to meet some great connections that way. In cairo, finding a job is mostly about networking! If there is anything else that I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask :)