What's your favorite Book all time ?

What's your favorite Book, and who's your favorite writer??? What do you most like about the book, Do you have something special to share about it ? I also want some suggestions for Books to read.

Jonathan Livingstone seagull. amazing book

khayri shalabi is jenius- you  should read his books

Ayten Mehaya wrote:

What's your favorite Book, and who's your favorite writer??? What do you most like about the book, Do you have something special to share about it ? I also want some suggestions for Books to read.

Favorite book of all time: Hong Kong by james clavell.

bornagain

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Aztec by Gary Jennings
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

I loveddd romantic movies as well as romantic novels.  Favorite book and author of all time? No greater Love - Daniel Steel

Ayten Mehaya wrote:

Do you know the book: What are you doing here? Dylon Nichols. Quite a interesting book about Australian expats, travellers, sojourners in London.

English books here in Germany is quite a task to find, unless you go to the large book stores like Buch Habel, where they have a small English section. But be that as it may, I did acquire the Stephanie Meyer series and read it one after the other and I must say...I thought it was only aimed at teenagers etc.....but it was well worth the read. After completing the series, I deceided to explore and chain of books written by Jodi Picoult, I have not got them all yet, but my particular favorite is House Rules and My Sisters Keeper, really worth the read.

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Chronicles of Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

I like all different sorts of books, al depending on my mood: the more romantic books (if they are not too much over the top), a little bit of thriller or detective, books about different cultures. I always like to read books where the story happens in Scotland or Australia.
One of my most favorite books is 'Mathilda's last dance'. For those who do not know this book, it deals about a young lady who inheritates a house and its land in Australia (of which she did not know anything about) from her late husband. While she tries to figure out why her husband bought that land for her, she is also on a search for her own family history.
For me the perfect book to relax after a stresfull workday :)

Hello Ayten Mehaya :)

My suggestion would be Paulo Coelho - the well known Brazilian author, "The Alchemist"- it's highly philosophical and inspiring.
I love his style of writing.

Cheers,
Sheetul

The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield - wowwwwww

Beach Music by Pat Conroy and Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archer, both are amazing and inspiring books

From Laila,

Reading is a healthy habit to improvise your language skill.Then,that should be interesting too.My opinion is,select books according to your mood.It may be a romantic,fiction,novel,thriller,etc.Unless it suits your mood you cannot concentrate in reading.What's more pal,even a bit notice could interest you depending on your time availability!

Ayten Mehaya wrote:

Ayten Mehaya wrote:

"

"the secret" is my favourite.

I would say Silk by Alessandro Barrico. All his books are quite special and poetical, beautifully written in a style that belongs to him only I guess.

aholmes wrote:

English books here in Germany is quite a task to find, unless you go to the large book stores like Buch Habel, where they have a small English section. But be that as it may, I did acquire the Stephanie Meyer series and read it one after the other and I must say...I thought it was only aimed at teenagers etc.....but it was well worth the read. After completing the series, I deceided to explore and chain of books written by Jodi Picoult, I have not got them all yet, but my particular favorite is House Rules and My Sisters Keeper, really worth the read.

English books are actually quite easy to find in Germany, at least online. Have you ever tried jokers.de?

"The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History"

by Michael H. Hart...

its surprized me at the beginning but i liked it...

I love to read a book which describes more about the place where the story is going on. About the culture, religion, behavior of the people there, interesting places, etc. Reading this kind of books give more satisfaction where I don't only enjoy the story but also know more about the place itself.
I recommend you to read:
Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner and One Thousand Splendid Sun): You'll know more about Afghanistan
Half of Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It has setting in Nigeria. It's recommended to read.

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom!!!! =)
I've read it 3 times in 2010 and I am considering to read it all over again this year!

I like Chicken Soup for the Soul, because I can learn from many writers there whom sharing their experiences. Experience is good teacher.

I like this book ..and also the food :D

I loved Rite of passage parenting by Walker Moore. Great book.

cjoanne wrote:

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom!!!! =)
I've read it 3 times in 2010 and I am considering to read it all over again this year!

i will look for Tuesday with Morrie sounds like a great book. I love to read.

izmirian wrote:
Ayten Mehaya wrote:

"

"the secret" is my favourite.

Who is the author of "the secret" sound interesting.

Rice wrote:

Who is the author of "the secret" sound interesting.

Rhonda Byrne, great book! The movie as well is absolutely wonderful/marvelous!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0846789/

Tuesdays with Morrie.. something I can relate to in a way. Read it when my friend suggested it after I lost my mother.

Citizen Erased

Sorry for the lose of you mum, glad the book helped. I want to read it if anyone in Kenya sees it in the bookstores please let me know.

Thanks everybody that was really helping, fun, i got some of books suggested and am still looking forward to get all of them.
Reali reali tnksSs..
@ Citizen Erased am sorry for your loss (F)

candide by voltaire!!

I love the bibliography of Lovecraft...

EthenGroom wrote:

The Shack

Marvelous choice :D

History of the Peloponnesian War

Three cups of tea, Holes and the Giver. All of them are great! Cheers!!! :)

Rectoverso by Dee/ Dewi Lestari. The story can make your heart into pieces

I loved the series of Laura Ingalls Wilder book..."Little House on the Prairie"...
The first time i read the book when i was in a high school and i never can forget the stories until now...
I can imagine the situation described from the story.
She was a genius writer...

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

Spectacularly written book about various facts of life and interesting tid-bits of this world and universe we live in that you just don't think about normally but wows you when you read it in this book!

http://worldcitizeninrome.blogspot.com/

I loved The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.. Great book!
there is a story about an individualistic architect -Roark- who chooses to struggle in obscurity rather than compromise his artistic and personal vision.. and Ayn Rand let the others ppl in the novel relate to him.. and she demonstrates various archetypes of human character, all of which are variants between Roark.. he is an symbol of the human spirit, and his struggle represents individualism and collectivism..
Btw, Dominique is my fav character.. she thinks that the world didnt deserve her sincerity n ppl around her didnt measure up to her standards.. and she starts out punishing the world and herself for all the things about man which she despises.. she no longer cares what anyone thinks or does.. just lives her life for herself and no one else..
one of the books you should read

i read all kind of books..i love books..writing is the best gift of god..but i have no favorite one,because after the reading of one book i think this is the best..and next time reads a different books then i feel also the same..so i am confused for choosing favorite book...

youn know ken follett ( pillars of the earth and world without ends) beautiful

When I first started my writing career a friend suggested that if I wanted to learn about characterisation I should read Monica Dickens (great granddaughter of Charles Dickens). I read The Fancy about a group of girls and their foreman in a Spitfire repair factory during WWII, and I was hooked on her as an author. The characters were so real that it is the only book I've read more than once.:)

Meet other expats and join the events

OR