Gas cylinder order

Are there specific times it's better to call companies that provide services such as new gas cylinders?
Called Nader Gas, after a gazillion calls someone picks up, tells me to call another number, when finally someone picked up there they gave me the original number to call, then no one picked that one up.
Gave up
Called Bahrain Gas, called (so far) 3 times and no one answers
!!!!!!!
:mad:
Getting slightly annoyed now

Oh I went through this recently. Unfortunately I do not have better news for you. I use Bahrain Gas. Called them the other day to refill my two gas cylinders. It all seemed great when I called on a Sunday night the guy was super friendly and told me they would deliver my gas the next day. I waited all day and no one showed up. I then called around 5 and the lady told me oh yes they are in your area I will call them and call you back. I didn't get a call back or my refill. The nest day I called again very upset because I needed to make Christmas dinner the very next day and now I spoke to a third lady who was extremely rude to me and tried to tell me that they only deliver to my area on Saturdays! I was like yeah I do not accept that answer. Finally I ended up putting on cylinder in the back of my car to go find the place to refill it myself and left and envelope with the money for the other cylinder taped to it outside my house. I never made it to the refill place but when I got home they finally came and had refilled my cylinder. So my suggestion is to have two cylinders and when the one runs out call to get it refilled with expectation that they will come in a timely manner and switch to your other one.

Thanks for that. At the moment budgets tight as I haven't begun work so probably can't afford to buy 2 cylinders! But when I can I may do.
Need to be able to get through to someone first to do anything!!!!

Gas cylinder refills are indeed a problem. I too have 2 cylinders, for exactly the reason Honey Comb has explained above.

I was with Nader Gas originally. Extremely poor service. Bahrain gas was no better.

I switched to Awal Gas about 2 years back and have not had too many problems with them so far. At least they turn up on the agreed day. But the downside is this - they cannot give you a specific time so you have to either wait until they turn up or keep the cash with the cylinder. Much better than the other two suppliers any way, because the other two do not turn up on the agreed day. They randomly turn up on any day convenient to them and then expect you to be at home for them.

Maybe if it is urgent you can go try and refill it yourself this time around? When I used to live in Kuwait we always refilled it ourselves. Each area had its own refilling station. Here it seems a big more difficult because it is more than one provider.

I hope they get better at this seeing as its pretty important. I find the more you hassle them on the phone the faster your results with be. Getting through to them is difficult I agree. I know from 1 pm to 1:30 Bahrain Gas is on break. So I would say safe times to call are around 9am and 2:30pm to get the best results.

I hope you get your refill soon!

Honey Combs wrote:

Maybe if it is urgent you can go try and refill it yourself this time around? When I used to live in Kuwait we always refilled it ourselves. Each area had its own refilling station. Here it seems a big more difficult because it is more than one provider.

I hope they get better at this seeing as its pretty important. I find the more you hassle them on the phone the faster your results with be. Getting through to them is difficult I agree. I know from 1 pm to 1:30 Bahrain Gas is on break. So I would say safe times to call are around 9am and 2:30pm to get the best results.

I hope you get your refill soon!

I'm not after a refill....I need a new bottle as we move into our villa tomorrow. Got through to Bahrain gas but got told to call after 4pm ...just called ...repeatedly ...no answer.
May go to their showroom tomorrow and just try and get one or something! Unless someone can recommend something else

try contacting abu hassanain gas, i use their services , and so far comfortable with them ,

Here is their contact number 17244121.
try them out and i hope they will be of good use to you my friend

Thanks. Given up for now. Compound people can arrange it.
Meanwhile we have an electric cooker so we can cook until we get gas!

elctric cooker is ggod too, but if you need an oven or something come by my flat and use my oven, my wife wont mind  :D .

but still do try them out if u need gas , if u want i can try calling them on saturday for you my friend.

best wishes

Lol thanks. We don't need the oven right now and the compound people have ordered gas cylinders for other tenants so not sure why I was left to order mine myself.
More than likely hubby and I will drive to Nader or Bahrain Gas and just get the stupid thing ourselves! Save a million phone calls!

to go there yourselves is a really good idea, save yourselves time and calls too