Got New job offer In KL, salary RM 12K nett..what should i do??

Hi,

I am looking for advise on how to life in KL with RM 12K net salary.
I ma married with one children (10 months old). How much should I spend monthly?
I am considering to rent a condo/apartment in ampang for RM 1500/month and try to buy a car auto, with an installment of RM 500/month. is it too much of expenses?

really need your advice folks. I have read the internet on how the lifestyle is, but still not convince me.
Thanks

Don't worry, you'll be able to live very well on RM12K per month. You can rent any condo, buy any car and eat anywhere you like.
Just take the job and have a great time in KL!

Thanks Ben.
I know KL long time ago when I was taking my bachelor degree there.
But that time I was single, now I bring my family, that is the fear I got since family life expenses is different with single expenses.
But do you know average living cost monthly in KL for family?

Hi Newbie, I think 12k RM is a good start and should provide you a good living for you and your family, probably the most expensive thing here would be paying a good school to your kid, also with that and different living cost, you ll be able to have at least 2K in hand cash, to save probably, so as Ben said, enjoy the living here.. Best luck

How old i your kid? I just worked out some xpenses and cost of living PLUS fun benefts on living in KL from my sister who may be transferring here from Melb.I can do the same for you

Mama_sing, I will be looking forward to enjoying KL to the max. thought of going to Sabah if we have time. thank you

Spe, it would be great if you can share the details that you've made for your sister. I have 10 months old daughter and we will be there for 2 years (according to my contract). you can send thru message or by emails?

Hi 1500 rm to rent in ampang? Maybe 20 years ago lol. Not now.

You need to budget 4k for somewhere decent for an expat.

12k is rather low salary with a family but if market rate hard to say unless know details of experience and role. Cars are super expensive and will all on cost you 2k a month to run.

So 6k gone already. If you don't eat out and get medical you can save if frugal with money. Eat out and travel? Or no medical and baby gets sick then you wont save.

4K rental per month
1.5 K Transport & food for 1 person
600 Astro,WiFi, utility
1K Lean Lifestyle spending ie movies, eating out,
500 miscellaneous (shopping etc)
Total is RM7,600 for 1 person in KL ..NO LUXURIES included

Rubbish. Depends where you want to rent and what standard. 12k is fine and you can save.

12K is more than what you could ask for to live a pretty darn luxurious life! With better planning, you could save a lot.

Hi,  I'm very familiar with ampang area. You should have no problems with rm 12k per month . It's pretty close to the city and there lots of amenities surrounding this area. A decent apartment  rental,  would cost around rm 1800- 2500 per month.  It's better to buy a used car. Should cost around rm 6k above.