Is 7500 ringitt is bad, average or a good salary ?

Hi everyone,

I am in serious need of help. Currently I am working and residing in India and I have a job offer to come and work in Malaysia.

I am not sure what should be the salary I should look forward to.
To give an idea, I am having 5 years of experience in IT, software field. In India, below are the high points to consider :
- my current in hand salary - in Malaysian doller : 4666 ringitt per month.
- I own a car and drive daily to office , spending almost 400 ringitt a month on fuel.
- I pay quite a good rent as per standard, for a 2 bed room apartment : 1000 ringitt per month.
- and other expenses must be another 1500 ringitt.

So I am able to save around 1500 ringitt here.

Now the salary offered in 7500 rignitt per month which looks quite less to me, as the cost of living there should be on the higher side than in India.

SO my question is of how much a 5 years guy earn at most in Malaysia being in software? and is this a good salary which I am being offered ? I always expect that when I switching a job and for instance changing my base location, I should get a good raise. And the last thing, I already have an offer in India for 7500 rignitt per month, which is what offered in Malaysia as well. So I think I can ask for more.

Thanks.
Dex

I'm an expat from India too...

RM7500 is between average and good i would say.

if you have a family monthly expenses would be roughly arnd RM 3500-4500....so you can save 3-4k which is decent savings (60K INR)

but if you spend lavishly you can end up saving only RM2-2.5k.

But most of the Indian IT guys work around tht salary.....and living standards in KL are much better and the cost is less than or at par with out IT cities like mumbai,delhi,bangalore!

hope this helps

Cheers

thanks Vinay, that really helped.
When you say between good and average, may be you have an idea about how much is considered as good salary.
Moreover the company is located in Cyberjaya, so living there rather than living in KL would add to the savings ?
And if I get to stay in KL, how easy it will be to travel daily to cyberajaya.

Hi,

I am also from India, I too have an offer for same location- Cyberjaya.
Please let me know which will be the better option for staying...Cyberjaya or in K.L. considering good number of Indians around.

Hi

I would suggest staying in Cyberjaya is a better choice than KL. The travelling time from KL to Cyberjaya is about 45 min-1 hour and it will cost you a lot on petrol and toll.
If you owned a car, cheaper locatons are in kajang and Puchong but you must drive to work.

Hi hrfirst,

Thanks for your reply.
How much we will be spending if we use public transport for commuting from K.L. to cyberjaya...

Is it possible to find any good accomodation near cyberjaya IT park...lets say within 1000 ringgit.

I think you can buy the LRT passes from KL to Cyberjaya(check the rates here) myrapid.com.my/home

There are lots of condo in Cyberjaya for rent or just a room from RM500 above. Check here for details.
letaroom.com/category/cyberjaya

Hi,
My Name is atul and I am from India.
I got a job offer from Malysia for a company.
I have 2.6 years experience.
They are asking me my expectation.
what should I tell them ?
I am a single person and want to save around 50k-70k Rs per month.
Please help me with this.
What should be a ideal package per month/per year in MYR ?

Thanks,
Atul