How to get husband malaysian nationality

hello. just want to ask. if a wife is malaysian national and husband is foreign nation,how much time it will take to get husband malaysian nationality? thank you. 😊

I don't get your question too good. which nationality is your husband?

He's from Islamabad,pakistan miss. :)

So why do he wants to get the malaysian nationality? normally it is a long process to which you have to apply.

Im not married yet miss.  How long it will take the process? Year or month?

there need to be a reason for him to become malasyian nationality. you can't switch your nationality because you feel like.

Hmmm,so thats mean hea can't marry me or what? Hmmm

why should he not be able to marry you just because he isn't malay?

Miss,i dont understand about it. Can you explain it to me? I really need a help miss.

I don't understand your problem either. You are Malay and your boyfriend is not and you want to marry him? Why should this not be possible?

I dont know miss. He asked me how long the time will take for him to get the malaysian nationality

As far as I know he doesn't need to be Malay to marry you.

So thats mean,he dont have to register himself at the national registration department?

does he have a visa or a permit to live here?

No ,he dont have any visa but soon will apply. Still have to register?

Is he already in Malaysia?

Nope. He's still in pakistan. How can i contact you miss?  Still have many thing to ask.

i think I am not the right person. The best way is probably to contact the embassy since they know all about it.

Alright miss. Thank you so much :)

The answer is NEVER. A spouse may be PR but that's all. A PR takes a number of years from 5-10.

Sorry? I dont get it Sir.. hehehe. Can you explain it more detail to me?

Hi for many years Pakistani men were 'banned' from marrying Malaysian girls as so many left families behind when they went back to marry family approved brides (go that from someone high up) but they seem to have relaxed that a little (it was always unofficial)

A Pakistani's man chace sof Malaysian citizenship is 1 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

or less. Law restricts citizenship to max 100 per country per year. HAve to be fluent in Malay etc and hardly ever given out

PR 1 out of 1,000 unless a billionaire of course then easy, Some can if married very long time to a Malay girl and have lots of money or have connections (usually both).

He can come to Malaysia to marry you (parental permission required) and registration with the Imam etc. blood tests, etc. but will then have to leave again. Your marriage should be registered here in Malaysia. He would leave Malaysia before his tourist visa expires.

Only once you have been married for 6 months you can apply for a Long Term Social Visit Pass with your husband. During that waiting time he will have to visit Malaysia on a tourist pass (visa).

Once the 6 months waiting period is over, he can be in Malaysia and you can apply for the LTSVP together. You will need someone to be a sponsor. He will then have to remain in Malaysia for 1 year on the LTSVP first time. or the qualification period starts from the beginning again. He cannot work during the first 6 months on the LTSVP.

He cannot apply for Malaysian passport - changing your nationality into Malaysian is not possible under Malaysian Law.  After about 5 years or so of living in Malaysia with you on the LTSVP, he can apply for a permanent residency (PR). This may be granted, but does include speaking Bahasa Melayu. That is the most official status he can obtain in Malaysia. He will always have Pakistan nationality.

Please be absolutely sure this is not a marriage of convenience. The process is very very demanding for a couple (as described above) so many marriages don't survive. But that's why the rules are the way they are - to make sure the people are in love and committed to each other and go through hardships together. If it all sounds too difficult, some people decide to part and not to marry.

Not being able to work for 6 months in Malaysia will be a severe test. You will have to support him and as mentioned earlier, you need to have a sponsor who pays a Bond to allow him to live in Malaysia on the LTSVP. This is serious stuff and you and he should be fully aware what will happen.

hye...nationality for foreign husband is very strict and almost impossible... worse case scenario 20  to 30 yrs...
for foreign wife, its much faster to get the PR initially after some years...

do not make a mistake by marrying a foreigner who might be deceiving you to marry so he can settle down here instead of genuine sincere relationship...

by the wat ethnic are you??
chinese, indian , malay etc??

you have never met him but willing to marry based on internet and social chat??

do not destroy your life, gurl...
i am a guy... but i do not want a freak from somewhere cheat our people here for their own agenda...

u better stay un married than marry an useless fellow...
sincerely....

gsk

I agree - do not marry this guy until you have met him at least 5 times and known each other for at least 2 years. He is probably just after an easy life where you will be supporting him and paying everything.  THE INTERNET IS FULL OF THIS TYPE OF OPPORTUNISTS. Beware.

Msia is a Muslim country, women have lower status here...esp when it concerns marrying a foreign national. Like others suggested, it is almost impossible to get a citizenship for your future husband. Worse, even if you are married, your husband may not be able to work in Msia without a proper work permit. Spouse visa is not equal to work permit.

For foreigner spouse/husband to a malaysian girl will not be granted citizenship. But, for children born to those couples will be granted (T&C applies though)

During Home Minister Hishammuddin time, Long Term Social Visit Pass (spouse visa) was allowed to work legally in Malaysia. I am not sure for now.