Job search Basel (BL,BS)

Dear members,

due to private reasons i had to leave my first position in China after 5 years. Since few months we are living in Basel and i am so disappointed because until now there are so less job offers which are placed in newspapers or internet. Especially english speekers are not really needed, just french, french and french, even for part time jobs. Can you give me any recommendation which tools might be more useful? I am coming from the automotive section, so this region isn't quiet proper for me, but quality needs to be traced everywhere isn't it?

Looking forward to here from some of you!

Jamsun

Hi Jamsun!

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

This platform will allow you to share your experiences with other members and interact with them.

Attached is a link that could be useful to you:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/s … rland.html

All the Best!

Regards,
Sheetul.

Hello Jamsun,
You say that you're coming from the automotive section; could you explain further your domain? Is it marketing or is it technical?
I might be a bit indiscreet but can you explain your choice of Switzerland and in particular Basel?
Cheers
Arlette

Hello Arlette!

I send a PN to your account.

Regards
J.

Hi Jamsun
I don't know how it works for your area but you also have France and Germany nearby so maybe there are other opportunities with a more international outlook?

Hello Glod,

i am trying already...........less success by far.

But thanks for your input!

J.

HI

try afinitec.ch
what type of job are you looking for...what do you sepcialize in ? What citizenship do you have...working permit or Swiss permit
Are you satying here for a long time...and if you are it would be worth staring to go to German classes like at Migros
Employers appreciate this
In addition you need to be willing to work in Zurich and other cities...dont limit yourself to Basel
all in all it depends what type of a degree you have, your nationality, your willingness to travel and your soft skills
hope this helped and dont despair there are employers seeking people who dont speak German (but williing to learn)
Cheers
Caroline

Hello Caroline,

i am native german ;0)
Honestly, no i am not willing to work in Zuerich or other cities which are more than 50km away from Basel.
My partner and me had this life for 3 years, so its enough that i saw him only at the weekends.
I am specialized in quality management/ engineering, so this section is necessary in all kind of companies, nearly. I just wrote in english, because i feel still as foreigner in Switzerland, due to the short time we are living here and before long time in Asia. furthermore the most intresting people i've meet in such Expat.coms.

Thanks for sharing this website, i will have a look!

J.