Cheapest letting agencies

Hi,

anybody who could recommend a letting agency who are not that expensive, e.g. take less than a half of a monthly rent is service charges?

I've dealt with 14 of them, and all had same price half months rent +vat

Most if not all that work for an Agency work on a commission basis. Have you tried looking for yourself and dealing directly with the owner?
It's what a lot of us have done and thus saved the fees.

Hi Smesi,

(advertising your services is not allowed on the forum)

Best Regards,

Frank

One possible reduction is if the agent isn't charging you VAT, e.g. he isn't VAT registered, hence you would pay18% less.

A new online agency which I believe does not charge the person renting any commission and supposedly has real time availability of apartments is:

www.flatscanner.net

Don't know anything about them but might be worth a look.

Ray.

Hi, not quite an agency but flatscanner allows a person to search and then contact the owner directly. Could also try http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/malta-gozo.htm, which though states holiday lets may also yield long lets. This is how I found our place and then negotiated directly with the owner.

Hi Smesi,

A word of advice based on personal experience, be very careful when using agents. I have had the misfortune of encountering the most incompetent, unorganised and rude agent (Simon Mamo) I have ever had the misfortune to meet. When you're looking, make sure you give the apartment a very thorough check and make sure you don't allow yourself to be rushed into making a decision. One of the most common lines here in Malta is "apartments are very scarce at the moment and this one will go very quickly" and "the market is very fast right now". Just be careful when using agents and, if you don't mind a little extra work, I would highly recommend going solo. Have a look at Malta Park, they always have thousands of nice places you can rent directly from the owners.

Good Luck mate,

George

Read this article:  https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/m … malta.html

All good advice regarding renting property from this forum in one place.