Bell Education and King Saud University

Hi,  I am considering a number of jobs teaching English at Universities.  I turned down AETG after reading horror stories on forums and Arab news.  I am looking for some background and track record for a company called Bell Education out of the U.K., it seems. Has anyone had any experience with them?  I am considering the move, but trying to be as cautious as possible.  I am a single woman, and the last thing I want is to end up in a bad situation in a strange country.  Any advice is welcomed.

Run!  Run like the wind!

Bad rep for not taking care of their teachers.  Bell is in it for the money...and take advantage of their teachers.

Considering the state of things, if I were an EFL instructor (I am an instructor and trainer) looking for work, I would give the KSA a pass these days.

Situations are getting worse, salaries are coming down and benefits are starting to dry up.

Look elsewhere.

Good luck.

Thanks a million Mister Stretch,
I had just turned down AETG, another horror story apparently.  The same seems to apply for most of the others I have seen on the forums.  I think I will follow your advice and stay clear of KSA.  I am currently in North Carolina teaching part time at a local community college and thought the Middle East would be an exciting ,and possibly lucrative,option.  However, after all the horror stories I think I'll stay State side for now. 
Thanks for the help.

MidEast is still possible...think United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait or Asia...still lots of work there, as well.

Get out...see something of the world.

Hey Misterstretch,

Any recommendations on countries in the Middle East to try. I do feel like getting out and seeing more of the world.

Hmmm...re-read my post...there are some there.

Will do, thanks.

Accdg to the KSA discn bd of daveseslcafe dot com: Bell & King Saud uni = bad, bad news re working conditions! But check out daves' int'l jobs for other (better) ESL teaching jobs in Saudi. Sent u a PM.

Thanks Jeddaa, got the PM, thanks a lot.  I really appreciate your help.  Happy teaching and enjoy.  If I get there I'll let you know.

Nicki

Bell is a recruitment agency.