Live in Damman

Hi all,

I am spanish guy and I am moving to Damman next month, but i have no idea about how it is living there.
I've read several postes and it was so helpful, but I need more information about:

1.- Compounds in Damman or surroundings.
2.- Damman, Al Khobar,...Where to live?? My company is in Damman, but I don't mind to drive if the place to live it is better.
3.- Something to do there for entertaiment? any association of foreing people or similar?
4.- Gym, sport?? It is easy and cheap to practice sport there? Is there any swimmingpool?
5.- Do you need any special Visa to go to Bahrein? If it is neccesary, how to get it?

Sorry, if i ask many things...but i am quite excited and nervious, so any help it will be so appreciated.

Thank you so much and I hope to meet good people there.

Hello Fran,

My name is Jaime and as you can see I'm from Madrid. I'm going to move to Dammam in two weeks... to be honest I'm also very nervous. I'm civil engineer (Ingeniero de Caminos) and I work for a Spanish construction company. I'll be alone there, because I'll be the first person that my company send. how long are you going to be there?

Good luck!!

Hi Jaime,

I don't know yet when i will move exactly to Damman, but it should be in a month or month an a half!

In any case, I will be there first of october for some meetings, so we can meet there and know each other. Luckely I will move also with other colleague, but we can also introduce you some people we know there, so don't worry for that, we will plan something.

I will be there 2-3 years, so it is a long time...

If you want, send me a private message and give me your phone to call you.

Regards,

Do not worry you will find everything
Enjoy your time
If you want help I can help

SO have you reached Dammam? and How are you finding it?

borin. :rolleyes: