Hospital's Hygiene in Hanoi

I have just visited local hospital.

It's said that when u want to know the real culture/habit of one country, u should try their street foods, visit their local markets, and most of all, see their toilets condition. U could build the skyscraper in a year, multimillion dollar hospital, but the toilet conditions after that is like...shit..... ya, shit.

I don't know how other think about Vietnam's hospital but for me, if they can't manage the toilet well, I really have no confident with their doctors at all. I believe Vietnam should get back to earth, do from the based, rather than spending crazy multimillion on the ''tablet for student'' program.

chewjoe123 wrote:

It's said that when u want to know the real culture/habit of one country, u should try their street foods, visit their local markets, and most of all, see their toilets condition. U could build the skyscraper in a year, multimillion dollar hospital, but the toilet conditions after that is like...shit..... ya, shit.

I don't know how other think about Vietnam's hospital but for me, if they can't manage the toilet well, I really have no confident with their doctors at all. I believe Vietnam should get back to earth, do from the based, rather than spending crazy multimillion on the ''tablet for student'' program.

You are lucky they have toilets! Ten years ago they didn't have toilets anywhere!

A VNese friend's son had a circumcision, for medical reasons, and the surgeon apparently wore flip-flops, shorts and only a white jacket.

After walking around bow-legged for a month, in pain, all seems well. The young boy did add he hated me, I lent his Mother the VND2,000,000 surgical fee!

I guess some hospitals are permanent MASH setups.

Still, nice buildings don't a hospital make - FV has frequently made patients worse, even killing them. (Check Google)

All national hospitals are like so. 

Vietnamese also complains like you so the government just built up a some billion 5* public toilet in Nguyen Thi Minh Khai park ( I don't know its name) and now that toilet becomes *, then people blame for consciousness- which takes time to be improved. So the story stopped here.

My friend sent me this picture today. Hygiene is not only problem of toilet, but also of food

http://m.f29.img.vnecdn.net/2014/09/16/4-JPG-9761-1410850560.jpg

I believe hygiene is something we have to accept and find solution to avoid. Complaining doesn't change anything. That's why I have a life insurance!

Regards

The same applies to schools.

I've seen awful conditions due to crazy notions of "saving money".

i. one school switched off the water for the boys' urinals
ii. another school had no functional wash basins
iii. when a PVC pipe was broken when the lawn was ploughed, the directtor wouldn't spend the $ 200 or less to restore water for all the boys' bathrooms. The boys were desperate and the stench was horrible. Yes, some even did #2 as well...

iv. Now there is a school which should rent a KAERCHER power washer for an hour and cclean the toilets, the grimy halls (not painted in a decade, black with dirt) and also the pigsty. Yep, keeping a pig makes perfect sense as the odor will be so strong that one won't notice the human smells. Seriously, what are they thinking?!?

Smell is particulate.

For a $ 50 savings on porc chops, ribs and bacon they allow hundreds of their paying customers to be subjected to eye watering STINK.  :huh:

Someone please explain this to me. But then, I saw workers sand down expensive teak floors to save on proper paint and use THINNER instead "to seal the floors".  :blink:  Maybe someone's saving on cleaning materials?

chewjoe123 wrote:

Yeah, I visited an VN uncle in a general hospital in TPHCMC. The bathrooms stank a mile away. I learn quickly to hold whatever I had to until I got to Diamond Plaza where I sought relief on the first floor w/c. I didn't want to risk getting some infection.  :o I feel sorry for the locals who have no choice.  :(

Even HCM school toilets leave much to be desired - and their school system has money.

Here in BMT the situation can be bad so we parents arrange with a nearby restaurant to subscribe to their 'toilet plan' so students can have clean toilets to use.

Teak, and other very hard woods, require special treatment, normal lacquers, etc. can't even penetrate the wood. What looks strange to you most likely has a very reasonable explanation. And sanding a floor is even the practice in North America for wood-block floors.

Some of the decorative wood in my BMT house even has teak that is at least THIRD TIME USED gauged by looking at the marks and cutting. But it sure looks good when finished by a worker who knows their business.

Hanh Phuc Hospital has great bathrooms, for Vietnam. I never travel far from home because I refuse to use bathrooms here. I'd rather squat by a bush, you'd have a better chance at finding toilet paper there.  :lol: