Request for information about cost of living in Salalah

Dear sir,
I am Dr. K.Rama Kotaiah from INDIA and i am selected as a faculty in Salalah college of Technology with a salary 1200 Oman Riyals.
Please tell me sir . How much i can save if i come alone and with simple living. I want to lead  just normal person life. They are not providing any accommodation and transportation.  A small single bed room flat without furniture rent  how much? Is it possible to reside with share basis with my colleagues.

Hi sirishasuhas,

Twelve hundred rials for single status is a good sum. More so if it is in Salalah, since it will be less expensive to live there than it would be here in Muscat.

At a very conservative guesstimate, you should be able to easily put aside about 65% - 75% of your monthly income.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much sir. Plese send your mail ID to me. mine is [email protected]

sirishasuhas wrote:

Thank you very much sir. Plese send your mail ID to me. mine is [email protected]

Please post your queries in the forum only, so that besides me the many other members here can also assist you.

Rent for 1 bedroom with kitchen and bathroom fully furnished from 160-190 omr ,1 bedroom with living room 200-250 reyal this is in salalah as i am living there

Is it possible to live with sharing basis with others

Possible but i have no experience  in sharing accommodation.

Dear Sir,

Are you still living in Salalah?

I will be moving soon and the offer is in the college of technology; so what would you suggest for rent?
Is the area near the college good for living? are there any attractions, shops...

Warda, Algeria

Hi wouroud.Algeria,

did you get your clearance and please give some information for process timing
thank you in advance

Dear Sir/madam,

I ll be teaching at the college of technology.
I am single female but I prefer a one bed flat not sharing.
I ll join them by September, I heard that prices will go high coming months. So what would you suggest?

HI WOUROUD,
My question, have you got your visa and labour clearance first, because to get these take time to be processed.

then you can talk about tye of accommadation to rent....

generally cost of living in oman is not that high.

Im from spain i have nacionality and i don´t need visa for live here. And i live with my father in Brussels, y don´t pay rend.