Job help!

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a job for some time now with very bad luck. The couple of offers I have received have been dashed by the skatteverket. It's been a back and fourth catch 22 ; To get the job I needed a personnummer but to get the personnummer I needed a job"  rinse, repeat. I'm really having an awful time and I'm eating into my savings.

I have lots of bar experience but none of the irish bars around malmö  are hiring and every other bar seems to only want someone who can speak fluent swedish. I tried to sign up with SFI but they wouldn't let me without a personnummer.

At this point I would do anything if it paid!

If anybody has any ideas, please, PLEASE, contact me.

- Dane

Hello Dane and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to post an ad in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/europe/sweden/skane/

Thank you,

Priscilla

You need a personal number before getting a job no matter what, unless you can find someone willing to hire you under the table (which is highly unlikely). How long have you got residency here? If you show skatteverket your residency permit, you should be allowed to have a personal number.

Swedish employers pay a hefty sum in employer-fees, insurance, and taxes, so you really need to prove that you are going to be a worthy investment for them. If you don't have residency here and require employment in order to get residency, my best recommendation is to work your butt off and prove to someone that you can be a great employee and get them to vouch for you for residency, albeit that is possibly the absolute hardest way to gain residency, unless you've had a job offer already.