Work Visa Question

Hello,
I have accepted a job teach in Kuwait, and I was told by the school that I could do the FBI clearance once my permit was approved, although not issued. Now I see on the Kuwait Embassy site that it should be after the issuance. The school is still stating that this is not the case, as long as it is within 3 months time. Does anyone have any information, as I have already received my clearance and authenticated it, and my permit will not be issued for another two weeks.

It should be within the 3 months time as the School says. This is because it can take 2 to 3 months to get an FBI certificate. However, you should be able to get a Police record from your local Police Department which takes a week. Contact you School and ask if a Police Record is acceptable.

Thanks alot!

how long it took you to get the FBI clearance?

Hi!
I replied to your inbox message

First you need to download the fingerprint form from the FBI website, go to a police station and and get fingerprinted along with the request to for a Criminal Record.  Then send it in to the FBI along with the request. It can take 2 to 3 months.  I think you can rush it but you need to pay more.

Hi,
As per FBI website it takes 25 days for them to process the background check, not including the time for return mail. I recently did mine and it took about a month as stated.
As you mentioned per Kuwait embassy web site the visa has to be issued and the background check has to be posted after the issuance. Since you have already authenticated the document can try to send it to embassy and see if they will let it go through. If not you will have start the FBI background again, which will take about 30 days. (Do keep in mind that once the visa it issued, you have 3 months to make an entry on it)
You can try with local police report as mentioned by Matt, but again there is a strong possibility that it can be rejected since the web site clearly states that it has to be through FBI.
Couple of other points....
My company advised me that recently they have started requesting the US driver license to be authenticated as well, in order for it to be transferred locally. So will be a good idea to get that done as well.
If you hold a masters and bachelor degree, they will ask for the bachelor diploma to be authenticated. I had authenticated my masters diploma thinking that they will ask for that. But instead they had me authenticate the Bachelors.
Hope it helps