About fiancee visa in Norway

Thanks for the reply ab4cd :)

I have another question, do i need to get a round trip ticket or one way ticket will do?

congratulations chrimagne :)

for having an approved residence permit, you only need one-way ticket :) and like ab4cd said, its perfectly normal that people bring their old passports along with the new passport since their visas are attached on them (ex. visas that are valid for 10years)... so you really need the old passport with you for entry to Schengen, and your new valid passport for travel :)

again, congats and welcome to Norway :)

Thanks for the reply Pheebz :)

Tho those who are still waiting for their visas, just keep the faith and have more patience :) it's really worth the wait. My appliacation for fiance visa was forwarded to UDI and took 9 months. My fiance was a divorcee and that myt be the reason it took long . It did took long but it went well, that's the most important.

Have a great dAy everyone and thank you for all your help :)

Chrimagne wrote:

Thanks for the reply ab4cd :)

I have another question, do i need to get a round trip ticket or one way ticket will do?

Even thought there has long discussion on that topic, many say its okay to have one way other say you should have return ticket. I would personally suggest take refundable return ticket.

If you are transiting Frankfurt airport, the immigration staff might ask to look at your return ticket.

when i transited to Amsterdam (first Schengen entry), i presented our passport (me and my daughter), and when the immigration officer saw it was an Entry Visa (type D), he did not ask for my return ticket but asked for the decision paper from the embassy... tho i actually have a round-trip ticket that time, just because it was cheaper to get than one-way (there was an on-going ticket sale for round-trip)... but then at the Philippine airport, i was questioned why i have to return quick... which i had to make up a story that we plan on spending a "late New Year and Christmas" with my family in the Philippines (coz my return ticket was for late January)... i felt bad i had to lie, but i dont want to tell them that i duped the airlines :P

however, in all my past travels to Norway with Visitors/Tourist Visa (type C), they had always asked for my return ticket in my entry at Amsterdam...  but then again, this is my personal experience.. it may be different with others...

its all up to you if you want to buy roundtrip tickets, but i just dont think charigmage need one coz she is now holding a temporary residence visa valid for 6 months (Fiancee Visa).. and as far as i know, a residence visa dont require a return ticket coz you are not required to return anytime soon if you are to get married in Norway...

Hello everybody!

I am not that person who usually complains on forums or boards but I can't take it anymore. I applied for a fiancée visa three and half months ago in my homecountry. After that I ran from it to Balkans just to wait there because it's not safe for me to be in my homecountry.

The waiting is just killing me. When I think about all this time I'll need to spend abroad waiting for a visa, I get nervous and depressed. My fiancée is depressed. My dog is growing without me. My life is put on hold. I can not plan anything and I am going from one country to another, in complete loneliness.

I know that it's stupid to hope to get my visa soon. However, I still hope. It hurts and drives me crazy. Sometimes I feel like I can't cope with it anymore. For example, such day is today. With all processing times and the whole world situation it can not promise me any improvement.

Cheers to everyone who is waiting. I wish you the best.

Hello
I applied for fiancé visa in January 2016. I got a confirmation five days later that my application has been received and a mail that I could nominate someone with a power of attorney. I filled the form and sent it in by email. Since then I have not received any monthly email from UDI. Is this normal, please  or should I get someone to call them?

Thanks.

Hello everyone my visa has been granted.. I applied last April 12 they approved it in 2 weeks...

Hello!

Congratulations! Please, can you tell, when you've got the letter? I mean, in the morning or during the day?

Thank you!

I received a txt from embassy that my residence permit has been granted today at 11:30 am and also same time an email from them..

nordbjorn wrote:

Hello everybody!

I am not that person who usually complains on forums or boards but I can't take it anymore. I applied for a fiancée visa three and half months ago in my homecountry. After that I ran from it to Balkans just to wait there because it's not safe for me to be in my homecountry.

The waiting is just killing me. When I think about all this time I'll need to spend abroad waiting for a visa, I get nervous and depressed. My fiancée is depressed. My dog is growing without me. My life is put on hold. I can not plan anything and I am going from one country to another, in complete loneliness.

I know that it's stupid to hope to get my visa soon. However, I still hope. It hurts and drives me crazy. Sometimes I feel like I can't cope with it anymore. For example, such day is today. With all processing times and the whole world situation it can not promise me any improvement.

Cheers to everyone who is waiting. I wish you the best.

Don't stop hoping. All of us here understand what you're going through. Just be patient. Hang in there. It will be better.

Toni4 wrote:

Hello
I applied for fiancé visa in January 2016. I got a confirmation five days later that my application has been received and a mail that I could nominate someone with a power of attorney. I filled the form and sent it in by email. Since then I have not received any monthly email from UDI. Is this normal, please  or should I get someone to call them?

Thanks.

I think because you gave your power of attorney to someone else they now receive everything.

Realy waıtıng so hard
You dındt know what u do just waıt you dıdnt know your rota ı dont understand ı gıve wıth all documents 50 page wıth my fıanceee photos and we fınıshed ınterwiev everythıng ok but just waıt
Waıt and chechk emaıl
I hope soon everybody hear good news

Thank you for your reply. My fiancé is the one I gave the power of attorney to but he has not received any email or update from UDI. I heard that if the Politi is the one handling the case, they do not bother to send the monthly email. Not sure if that is true.

Well this was true for me. My case was with politi for 5 months and in that time I didn't get any emails letting me know what was going on. When I called UDI to ask they said that politi doesn't not send the monthly emails. Only Politi. On the 6th month my case was sent to UDI and that's when I started getting the monthly emails

I believe we need to call UDI and find out what is going on. Its good to know the progress!

Oh I just read my response from earlier. I meant to say "Politi doesn't send monthly emails".
Sorry for the typo.

Thank you, it's alright, I believe. I just feel like I'm missing my life and it eats me. I hope for the better, everyday, and try to prepare for the worst.

Any can help me how to apply a fiance visa here in Philippines?

Hi,

I'm here in Noway now for Fiancee Visa. I applied April 26 2016 and got approved MAy 26. Were getting married first week of July. I would like to know what i the next staep after the weeding. I would love to stay here for good with my husband.

Thanks,
Mitz

You have to apply for family imigration.look at udi page and also look at stephy25's post or msg to her.she can give u lot of info

Where can I print out the checklist for fiance visa?
Please anyone can help me now

glendora_19 wrote:

https://www.udi.no/en/checklists-contai … ed-fiance/

https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fam … #link-1182

If ur fiancee is norway citizen then look at the link above.u can go to udi page and check the option for want to apply

Here is the checklist for fiancee visa

https://www.udi.no/en/checklists-contai … ied/?c=phl

glendora_19 wrote:

Here is the checklist you and your fiancee need to complete and then submit all the documents to VFS Global Makati if you are living in NCR

https://www.udi.no/en/checklists-contai … ied/?c=phl

mitz39
06 June 2016 12:55:39

52 posts
Brønnøysund, Nordlan

Hi,

I'm here in Noway now for Fiancee Visa. I applied April 26 2016 and got approved MAy 26. Were getting married first week of July. I would like to know what i the next staep after the weeding. I would love to stay here for good with my husband.

Thanks,
Mitz

where did you apply your visa?

Hi,

please share your experience   for health insurance?UDI wrote me that we missing insurance,I didnt bought because I dont know when we will get visa:)

It wasn't needed in past, if they have asked for you can simply buy from any insurance website/provider and send them the certificate.

Hi just want to ask when you submit your red ribbon documents on norway embassy manila for stamp do i need to have an appoinmet before going there or its ok to just go there as walk in ang submit my red ribbon documents for stamping?

You don't need an appointment to deliver additional documents, but you should go there at 6 to the VFS Royal Norwegian Embassy.

If it's the first time you deliver papers, you need a appointment.

All papers you are going to use, has to be authenticated by DFA (Department of foreign affairs).

Hello everyone , Its been 8 months since we have applied for the fiancee visa(family reunification)  i done my interwiev another week than we applied and finally my fiancee called from politi for an interwiev this week,do you guys have any idea how long more it can take for the result after her interwiev,thanx and good luck everyone :)

Hi Hello, i was applied family reunitification last October end 2016.. Then April 25, 2017 my husband got interviewd  then 3 days after i got email from UDI to inform  they recieved my application sent from politi. Then May 2,2017 i got email from UDI stated that my application is waiting for processes.  .. So until now no result yet.

In my experience about 3/4 days after the interview i received a decision from UDI. You can ask your partner in Norway to call in and follow up... good luck 🙂

Thanks for the reply Kitty & Abimk  i hope we all  get  the results sooner than we expect,good luck everyone who is in the same situation,stay positive 😉

Hi Abimk,  my husband was interviewed at Bergen politi then after the interview the politi said my appp. Its going to forward UDI OSLO. But Anyway im going to ask my husband to call to UDI. Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope i get the result fast. Thanks.

Hi guyz i recently schedule my apply for my fiance visa and my appointment will be nextweek..i know i have my documents/checklist completed for submission but still im kind of nervous..kind anyone give me some advice or what to do and also tell me about your experience regarding on submitting your papers and questions ask during the interview...it will be a big help for me..hoping for your reply guyz..thanks

Hei everyone,.

I got an answer from my application (family reunification) last May 22, 2017. And it says that my paper is approved... Thank you so much guyz for all your advices and sharing ideas. Finally, I sleep well after I received a letter from Politi. I`m waiting for 2 monts and 25 days..
For those who are still waiting for their papers just be patience cause to be honest after I passed my papers 2 months ago I don`t  even called politi nor receiving their mails, I didn`t done anything, I`m just waiting and waiting, so stressed and frustration,and don`t know what to do.And their are times I think I`m going crazy for waiting and always checking my mail box outside,..but now I feel so comfortable cause finally it`s a good news for me, for my husband and for my family too. Thanks to god :-):-):-)
So sorry for my grammar guyz,..