Find a job in Belgium

3 different locals have recommended this to me! -
Learning Dutch
http://hvngent.be/en?q=en/want-learn-dutch

I will be starting as soon as I get work...  Actually I don't want to be too optimistic...but I have my first trial day in Antwerp, working at a specialty store!  If I get the job, I'll let you know the name!

good luck

MonkeyinEurope wrote:

3 different locals have recommended this to me! -
Learning Dutch
http://hvngent.be/en?q=en/want-learn-dutch

I will be starting as soon as I get work...  Actually I don't want to be too optimistic...but I have my first trial day in Antwerp, working at a specialty store!  If I get the job, I'll let you know the name!

Ah yes, the house of dutch :)  Our employment agency also gave that address to me, think they are good in looking for the right dutch course together with you.   But remember, Dutch isn't easy to learn. Have told my boyfriend that too. But if you really want it, I'm sure it will work out for you and your partner will help you out too I'm sure ;)

And goodluck with the tryout!

Its who my corses are with and yes its very difficult and ive been doing it for over a year now

All languages are difficult...but I saw the video on what you can learn, and if you apply it..and try...and insist people speak Dutch with you...it'll come.

Yeah like i said i have been going to that school for over a year

As danish is a germanic language. ,same like dutch and english itis pretty easy to learn.if you speak to him slowly he will understand sertain words.we belgians are privileged. Because we learn. Different languages at school at an early age.i speak dutch ,french,german and english, and have notices of spanisch and portuguese, and now learning thai wich is the hardest as they have a different alphabet.
Sawasdee krup

Sadly i didnt find the fact both dutch and england are Germanic helpful in learning Dutch although i have learning probs and i am apparently the best in my teachers class. They are a lot of people who sit dumb struck it can be frustrating but i think ur bf will be fine in a year or 2

If you make the effort totake the day course you can express yourself in the  language in about 4months,but if  after a while you really dont get it,draw your own conclusions.

[Moderated: please post in the Jobs section of the site]

exactly!:)

Hi I just arrived in Belgium from London . I am a student there for 6 yrs for my NVQs in health and social work. I have worked as a senior health care assistant in an elderly home with EMI for a year then got a job at a hospital on pediatric neuro surgery ward for 5 yrs. Experience wise I have a lot to give but I am afraid language barrier will make it hard for me to get a job in a hospital setting which I love most. I hope someone can show me the rope on how to at least get a job in a care home or hospital setting as soon as. I speak Japanese which is not of any help either! I do not mind any job for that matter  for as long as my lack of Belgium language will permit me for a start. Thanks:):)

Good Luck :)your very lucky you found something

Bonjour,
Je suis un ingénieur civil travaillant en Roumanie et maintenant en Belgique, mais en tant qu'ingénieur, je travaille en tant que plombier et de ventilation sanitaire.
Nous avons plus de 30 ans d'expérience en tant que responsable de la construction et de gestionnaire de projet.
J'ai travaillé en tant que chef yes site dans Isral et l'Allemagne.
Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à travailler ici comme un dock ou un ingénieur civil?
Parler et bien écrire en anglais franceza.Am équipes coordonnées de charpentiers, maçons, forgerons, etc.
J'ai un curriculum vitae complet de l'expérience et des responsabilités.
Attendez que le e-mail [email protected].
Merci.
Relu

hi,

can i talk to you in private?

thanks

of course you can

hi guys

maybe it has already been said but here are a few websites to find a job in belgium.

please google this:
= monster.be
= stepstones.be

good luck

Arnie

vanity4always

I'm belgian and now live in Bath (uk).

i work for the pharmaceutical industry.

when I was in Belgium I worked for Baxter based in braine l'alleud, next to Brussels.

as long as you choose a scientif c path in your career, the language will never be a problem. working in belgium for an international company means that you have to speak english, it's a MUST.

but it will not be a proble:m no speakking french or dutch IF you live in Brussels.
in brussels you have NATO, the european commission, parlement, council, it means 1000s and 1000s of expats. therefore even the social life will not be a problem for you.

a good place to go to meet european people is "place du luxembourg" next to the european commisssion.

good luck, I'm certain you will be fine. :=)

take care

Arnie

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for your message and I will look at it. I am really so eager to find anything for a start otherwise I will get bored.

Thanks,
Vanessa;)

Hello!
I am a lebanese person trying to find a job in belgium but it seems like an incredibly hard issue although i know french and english languages and have bachelor and master degrees in the design fields. The websites were not very helpful since the recruiters always expect candidates already living in belgium and it is not possible to have a work permit without a job offer
any suggestion on how to find a websites with job offers intended for foreign people or at least more flexible regarding the nationality issue
I would really appreciate any help coz im new to this whole issue of finding a job abroad
Thank you:):)

french would help on  the south side of belgium , or even brussels, but where did you get the master and bachelor.if it wasnt in europe it doesnt count wich is normal as european master and bachelor degrees dont count in the arab countrys , or eaven the east.for example in russia , you become a doctor in 4 years, here it takes 10 years.there must be a difference.

oh yeah speaking of job search in Belgium, count me in! Im desperately looking for English job for the moment but it's as rare as rain in the dessert......still not giving up! Refer me pls if you know one.  I have bachelor degree and professional experiences in administration.

Hi Vanity4always,

Just had a quick glance sa profile mo, Pilipino ka rin pala. Welcome to Belgium and good luck to your job search. You're not alone if you didnt find one yet. Veel succes!

hi Christine,
can I talk with you

Hi Arnie, am a Nigerian. willing to visit Belgium for Christmas this 2013. can you help?

evelienn wrote:
hannahhadman wrote:

To be honest its rude to think of a country as the land of honey and cookys of course its harder to get a job in someone elses country its harder for everyone.  A lot of places want you have a id card and sometimes this is not possible without a job so its just a circle. For EU and Non EU. I am EU and in Belgium with no job and i get no money from the govenment. I just have to hope things get better as i continue to learn dutch

Hannah, where are you learning Dutch? My Danish boyfriend would want to come over here to Belgium too, but ofcourse we are scared that he won't find a job here because English jobs are hard to find here.... :(

http://www.huisnederlandsbrussel.be/:)

Not to be a buzzkill people but when in Belgium do as they do...lol the same thing goes for language... it has taken me 3 years to become fluent enough in french to apply for and get a job... I work now for a Commune that has a HUGE American presence(Waterloo). I still need to perfect my French though as it is a requirement to KEEP this job that took me sooooooo long to find... When people go to your country you expect to speak in your language... return the favor and at least try to learn theirs while in their country...
Belgium is a wonderful country and it is unfortunate that they have 2 national languages so it is a little more difficult, but I've found if  you at least make the effort they will come through and be supportive... I have had ALOT of peole help me to date and the guys I now am working with are helping me by NOT speaking english.

http://www.huisnederlandsbrussel.be/

Couldn't agree more Zipper269

For those of you interested though there is an english speaking group that meets every Thursday morning at the Aloft Hotel at Place Jean Rey, Etterbeek, Brussels 1040, Belgium. The organiser is Richard Chalks with People to People Belgium... They have a Facebook and meet-up page.