Find a job in Belgium

Hi,

You are an expat living in Belgium? Please share your experience!

What is the best way to find a job in Belgium?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in Belgium.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi,

I am an american university student currently studying in France (and not liking it at all). After my year here (or better my semester here) I would like to move to Belgium to live and study (in Liege,my first chose or brussels or Namur). I wonder if anyone could help me search for a job (just enought money for a flat and living) in ANY secteur (especially one that are better for foreigners). Do anyone know where I should look or knows any contacts?

Here you can find all EU jobs portals in one website:

eurodatum.com  (EU jobs section)

Good luck!

HI! im filipino working now in cayman islands and i want to work in belgium im hardworking can anybody help me!!! thank you

Hello all,

I found the internet to be very effective for finding a job. The following websites have quite a number of interesting jobs in international companies.

Euractiv
Jobsinbrussels
Good luck!

Hi Niyati! Please post your advert under Belgium classifieds > jobs section. Thank you.

thanks...

Hello everyone,
i am Lebanese, currently living in Beirut with my life-partner and we have decided to move to Brussels where she will pursue education and i plan to find a job in the design and multimedia fields, can anyone recommend a recruitment agency that can help us (over distance) ?
Thank you :)

I don't think a recruiting agency really can do anything if you are not (yet) able to live or work in Belgium...

Hi I am a new member.. My husband is looking for a job in Belgium. He is there at the moment and would like to find work there first before I go and join him. We are Belgium Nationals, but have been South African Citizens. He can do quite a few different jobs, but he would like to go back into the printing industry, he has 20 odd years experience. Anyone know if there are any places in Brussels looking? My husband is fluent in English, Afrikaans and of course French. Any bit of information will be great. Thanks, Sharon :)

I greet all readers,

I am looking for work in Kuala Belait or in Bandar Seri Begawan-both of Brunei country cities. Maybe somebody a owner of Companies in Brunei and can offer to join this Company. I am An Engineer-Economist,Honours Diploma 1993 Degree Economics and Construction Management.12 years had cancer-illnes,one year how I became healthy and enjoy life. So, high energetic,love and able to study. Books,music,beer:)),

Have a great week-end,

Mery,huggs

Mery ?

If you're looking for a job in Brunei, why are you posting on the Belgium forum ?

Thanks,

Julien

Yes, I agree with Julien. I cant understand you Mery.

Hi every bodies,

On Brussels it's impossible to have a job without Dutch. My report is which the real problem met for three years in Belgium it is the linguistic barrier, and I want to tell mainly about DUTCH as English or French speaker. My opinion it's only caused by the problem of governance (Belgium has no government) and they impose the company to recruit only trilingual candidates (FR, DU, EN) or billingue (FR, DU) maybe to prepare the country separation between the Vlaams et Wallonia... and it is the really difficult finding an ambitious employment short or long. You have to learn this complicate tongue 'cause everywhere we force foreigners to improve that fluently. That's crazy 'cause this impossible. As the french or english native who grew up, don't want practice Dutch (I met everyone!). If you want coming in Belgium, find a work in Flanders first to learn the language otherwise you will be disappointed like me. It's a beautiful country but it's a reality for many people here.

My Advice

Asso I greet you and I have one question, I aposted Cv at www.jobinbrunei.com,and at the website is place to fill up the space with copy of passport among the space for CV, I am new in network,can you reply me,this is not secure website,no safe,that they ask to fill up details of passport, cause bad people can use my details. I just began to think of this,and need an advice that to remove my Cv from the website.
Thank you,and forgive me for disturbing,you are online, I sent a message to one person,but have no reply still ,and he is offline...I will appreciated for understanding,
mery

@Mery Jabarova > You are that website : http://ec.europa.eu/eures/home.jsp?lang=fr :°))

Thank you Asso! I appreciate you! mery

Hello everybody,i'm from tunis and i'm thinking about travelling to Belgium for a lifelong in the following years.Then i don't find any difficulty in speaking the mother tongue language according to French and English.I'll be a german teacher in few years.I wish i could find someone who helps me do so:)Thanks.

So i take it you will be moving to the French side of Belguim or do you intend on speaking ducth to or moving to the small german region. May be best if you are to be a german teacher more work oppertunies

I can confirm the language issue, I'm speaking french and dutch and it represent a real asset to find a job in Belgium. Espacialy in the Brussel's area, which by the way, have the best salary rate.

Tip:  there is a lot of multlevel marketing which allow you to build on some "passive income" in your actual country, which allow you after to move to another country without the financial stress. And then you can build on a "new" income with the same company in this new country, etc...

that's what I'm doing actualy, already develop a good base in Belgium and planning Ghana and Thailand very soon...

note that multi level marketing companies are not welcome on Expat.com, so please dot not use the website to recruit or I'll block your account

Julien,

it's not the purpose to promote any of my activities otherwise I'will put any website or concrete information, in my opinion the target of the forum was to exchange idea, which I did.

It is in my opinion not wrong to speak about MLM opportunity generally speaking, I don't earn anything by doing that, if I recommand any hiring site it seems the same for me..

now if there is any form of censure on this forum and people are not allowed to write certain words then please fill free to block my account.

oi!!! peace be with us all!

indeed kinda off topic but indeed

No, not at all off topic. Personally, I do not think that this or any other forum should be use for marketing purposes, excluding folks giving advise regarding companies they have no financial interest in.

nia1984 wrote:

oi!!! peace be with us all!

This is what i was refering to x

I'm just starting my job hunt in Belgium, and I'll confirm...I've openly been told that only speaking English for work is a HUGE barrier, and there doens't seem to be a lot of options..I remain optimistic.  However having 4 agencies tell you this, gets a bit frustrating.

I will keep you informed of any progress this week!

hello everybody.i really want to live and work in Belgium.I am in Cameroon.can anyone help me?

Well,as belgians have to speak foreign languages whenon the hunt for a job innan other country,it is only normal that. Somebody who wants to work in belgium does the same thing,and by the way only european members of the EU can work in belgium,same as a belgian cannot work in a countryoutside europe before he or she is fully integrated.we have the same problems like anywhere else,a high unemployment  rate.a belgian usualy speaks tree to four languages ,so start with that.a foreigner who wants to live here has to follow a corse or scollarship what we call inburgeringscursus.so think twice before jumping in the adventure and be prepared,learn about the constitution and learn one of the tree official languages,and english is NOT on of them.

Well finding a job in belgium is a bit difficult for foreign people , im living here for more than a year , I tried to apply in the interims but they always requires dutch speaking people , as part of the inburgering class we tried to do that , i can get a cleaning jobs for sure , well my advice for those people who wish to find a job in belgium , first you must take atleast 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 nederlands class , imburgering class so that you will also have an idea about belgium it may be boring for you but it can help . Me, im just making paintings and expositions and preparing to have a better job, well for the european people i guess its not that difficult. One time I applied online , im almost hired , then the man asked if i can speak flemish or french , too bad i cannot speak then i loose the job. Better we first learn th language , they speak eanglish but they prepare us to speak their language .

Thats a it normal isnt it?i see myself going to the states or england  and apy for a job but dont Speak the language,you think i  get hired?adept to the country and the lifestyle thats an requirement.and not like some nationalitys who think they own the place.

MonkeyinEurope wrote:

I'm just starting my job hunt in Belgium,
I will keep you informed of any progress this week!

Dear MonkeyinEurope,
Have you managed to find something finally? :)

hi i'm a Filipino but Spanish citizen. I work as a chef in Spain for more than 5 years now. I transfered to Belgium recently and currently looking for a job.

Hello,

You may want to put an advert in the jobs in Belgium section. It might help you.

Well ,jobs in belgium are difficult for other then EU members.to much illigal people here ,fillipinos wont get a job unless they get a permit to stay. Beond a tourist visa,wich is hard as they have to show that in their country they are in danger ,like war or stuff like that.same like a belgian who wants to go to the philippines ,he has to show that he gets enough money each month to get around!with the new goverment ,belgium is no longer the land of honey and cookys.all economic refugees who dont come from an EU state are kicked out.recession for everybody,sad to say so.

To be honest its rude to think of a country as the land of honey and cookys of course its harder to get a job in someone elses country its harder for everyone.  A lot of places want you have a id card and sometimes this is not possible without a job so its just a circle. For EU and Non EU. I am EU and in Belgium with no job and i get no money from the govenment. I just have to hope things get better as i continue to learn dutch

Isnt that normal.we belgians do tend to speak a lot of languages,so why doesnt anybody elso do the same thing.if i go to reat britain i dont think i find a suitable job as there is a high unemployment rate just like in belgium.when i go to the uk and dont have money, donyou think. Your goverment will suppprt me?no and thats also normal,that support comes. From the taxes that. The people of. That country pay so it schouldnt been given away like that.i want to go and live in thailand next year but i know i cannot get a job there,and i have to bring a sertain amount of money every year to get around ,thats the normal way to do it.i respect them for that,protection of the own people.i have been. In lots of places,and in most countrys its like that,no money no stay!
Every country has money issues these days so it wouldnt be good to take advantage of that.

I know all this and i dont expect another country to pay for me nor have i gone to ask for finacial help from govenment like some people do. However people do expect that and think i have it easyer as I am in  the EU im just stateing that its just as hard for anyone

hannahhadman wrote:

To be honest its rude to think of a country as the land of honey and cookys of course its harder to get a job in someone elses country its harder for everyone.  A lot of places want you have a id card and sometimes this is not possible without a job so its just a circle. For EU and Non EU. I am EU and in Belgium with no job and i get no money from the govenment. I just have to hope things get better as i continue to learn dutch

Hannah, where are you learning Dutch? My Danish boyfriend would want to come over here to Belgium too, but ofcourse we are scared that he won't find a job here because English jobs are hard to find here.... :(

Theres courses dotted all over with cvo de bargie and i have friend who takes them with the university hers are about 300 more if ur not a resident of gent and mine are 60 this is per level for every few months. To be honest theres cleaning jobs but yeah English jobs are scarse i dont expect to get one for about 4 to 5 years of being here